Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

20 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Mmm, tended to be the Newbys on the scene. Quite precocious. (Although thats unfair cos Steriophinics were lovely and at the same time new!) The more experienced,  the nicer they were. Can't name. Not huge fan of Spice Girls (they were to be fair being worked very hard and tired, I assume..) and Finlay Quay though. Just cos. Most were fine. Doing their jobs. Shane McGowan though, well, that was an experience. Twice. 2 Christmas TV episodes. 97 and 98 I think. I was staggered he lived so long. Bless the man. 

I went to school with Finlay. He was a berk back then too.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Too much to say that's Alvvays ruled out? Surely going into Europe and back for the Sunday is just wishful thinking 

https://twitter.com/alvvaysband/status/1734531517462790210?t=L3GQKMjVnf7BQezZYSJjxg&s=19

Screenshot_20231212_113635_X.jpg

Yeah, definitely out - I mentioned it somewhere up the thread but after Japanese Breakfast tried to do Siren’s Call and Glastonbury Sunday this year and turned up too late to get her kit loaded in on Sunday morning, I can’t see anyone else risking it again

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I reckon a little earlier than usual. I know when Emily says "soon" it can mean months away but "beginning of the year" doesn't sound like March/April.

I think a lot depends on the Madonna situation. Will she be announced for BST and have sold it out by the end of February? Would they release the first poster without her? That's of course if she commits to either. 

I'm thinking March for the poster, with or without Ms Ciccone. 

39 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m clinging onto sometimes we will do something before Christmas ….. she’d better get a move on 

Probably too late to have something announced this close to Christmas isn’t it? And then usually the first two-three weeks at the start of the year is usually a no go for announcements. Someone might be able to prove me wrong on this complete assumption though. 

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Probably too late to have something announced this close to Christmas isn’t it? And then usually the first two-three weeks at the start of the year is usually a no go for announcements. Someone might be able to prove me wrong on this complete assumption though. 

That’s correct barely anything in jan . And I’m really not expecting anything before Christmas now … just grasping hopelessly at straws 

Announcements before Christmas:

Festival year: Acts before Christmas

2024: Nothing (so far)

2023: 1 headliner

2022: 1 headliner + Legend

2020: 2 headliners + Legend + 1 other act

2019: 1 headliner + Sunday Teatime Slot

2017: 1 headliner

2016: Nothing

2015: Sunday Teatime Slot

2014: 1 headliner

2013: Nothing