Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

2 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Vampire Weekend out of nowhere

Knew they were due a return but still took me by surprise to see them on the Prima lineup. Don’t really see where they’d fit at Glastonbury mind. Don’t see them subbing the Pyramid again, Other headliner doesn’t seem quite right and they already did a secret set in ‘19, although wouldn’t be averse to them doing it again. Think they might just give Glastonbury a miss this time after doing it on every album run in the past. 

11 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Knew they were due a return but still took me by surprise to see them on the Prima lineup. Don’t really see where they’d fit at Glastonbury mind. Don’t see them subbing the Pyramid again, Other headliner doesn’t seem quite right and they already did a secret set in ‘19, although wouldn’t be averse to them doing it again. Think they might just give Glastonbury a miss this time after doing it on every album run in the past. 

Could see them getting another high Pyramid slot. Either subbing or 3rd down.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Could see them getting another high Pyramid slot. Either subbing or 3rd down.

Don’t think they’ll drop down so it’d be sub imo, but I don’t see it. Not that I’m flush with Pyramid sub ideas myself, but think Pulp will fill the indie sub quota. Vampire Weekend moved up the lineup with each appearance so makes sense that they’d eventually max out and appear less frequently, although I wouldn’t be averse to them being there again as they’re a great live/festival act.

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Don’t think they’ll drop down so it’d be sub imo, but I don’t see it. Not that I’m flush with Pyramid sub ideas myself, but think Pulp will fill the indie sub quota. Vampire Weekend moved up the lineup with each appearance so makes sense that they’d eventually max out and appear less frequently, although I wouldn’t be averse to them being there again as they’re a great live/festival act.

yeah, hard to place them, feels like they haven't grown in size.  Last album was a bit of a creative and commercial plateau.  Still good live, been around a while now but probably not in the sort of Strokes category of a "tick list" band. They don't play the uk that much though so they are a draw.  3rd on pyramid feels about right, sub at a push... if they play at all.  Feels like they would be a prime candidate for an APE day.

4 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

yeah, hard to place them, feels like they haven't grown in size.  Last album was a bit of a creative and commercial plateau.  Still good live, been around a while now but probably not in the sort of Strokes category of a "tick list" band. They don't play the uk that much though so they are a draw.  3rd on pyramid feels about right, sub at a push... if they play at all.  Feels like they would be a prime candidate for an APE day.

quite the wrong end of summer for an APE day - looks like they will do august in the US

Not sure where that leaves them to be honest, maybe some Superstruct fests or a Finsbury show - crystal palace too maybe

23 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Although I’m somewhat pessimistic of them retuning as they’re a bit of a hard one to place now that they’ve done Holts, my god I hope we get Justice back. Back on Holts, Woodsies, Other sub… just let me have Justice again.

Is the show likely to be any different?

1 minute ago, ls2408 said:

FWIW Beyoncé is touring Europe next year again. Not sure on dates, but she’s definitely hitting the UK. Doubt she would do Glastonbury again, especially after the setup of her tour this year but wanted to throw that out there

That is......a big curveball if UK dates really are happening again next summer.

4 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Vampire Weekend would be wonderful, haven't seen them in about 15 years now. Maybe opening the Other?

Wouldn't be surprised to see them headline an indie day at APE, or Community etc though.

I would suggest they are too old for Community but TDCC did it who started at a similar time, and the kooks

bang on with that i think - uk exclusive i reckon

22 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Although I’m somewhat pessimistic of them retuning as they’re a bit of a hard one to place now that they’ve done Holts, my god I hope we get Justice back. Back on Holts, Woodsies, Other sub… just let me have Justice again.

Yea am almost with you on this. Their West Holts gig was an "all-timer".

However, disagree with the Other sub (needs to be an after dark set), not sure about Woodsies (still a crap stage name) am not a fan of that venue.

So - WH headliner - unlikely so soon, Other headliner - would be epic, or....

lets properly shake things up and give them Saturday Pyramid headliners.

Failing that, 3am Truth Stage.

2 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

FWIW Beyoncé is touring Europe next year again. Not sure on dates, but she’s definitely hitting the UK. Doubt she would do Glastonbury again, especially after the setup of her tour this year but wanted to throw that out there

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That is......a big curveball if UK dates really are happening again next summer.

Would make my festival.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It fits the big US act that'll blow your mind profile.

But I think this is the first anyone has heard of a second European leg forthcoming.

Will give more details as I get them, from a friend who works at Ticketmaster. She’s just been told Beyoncé is touring in Europe again for 2024 and they’ll get more info soon

Certainly Vampire Weekend was a surprise, I'd love to see them again, about the new album:

Vampire Weekend is wrapping up their next album, which, in a surprise twist, is apparently heavily inspired by raga.

For those unfamiliar with the term, raga is a melodic framework used in Indian classical music. When it comes to applying that framework to Western pop or rock, it typically means the inclusion of Indian musical sounds and the use of instruments such as the sitar or tabla, a type of hand drum.

The news was shared via a newsletter for the band’s vinyl club series, where they select and press a live set, then release it in a limited run of vinyl and merch. Vampire Weekend drummer Chris Tomson wrote in the newsletter that singer Ezra Koenig had taken a “raga singing lesson with Terry Riley in rural Japan.”

Following the lesson, Tomson said that Koenig went on to write “what he considers to be 7 of his all-time top 10 best songs.”

While the drummer didn’t provide an exact release date for the follow-up to 2019’s Father of The Bride, he noted that the album is “close to done” and will comprise “10 songs, no skips.”

1 hour ago, ls2408 said:

Any festivals?? 

2 hours ago, ls2408 said:

Ok that would be cool.