Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

If Grace Jones is legend slot it would be the first year for ages where I've not gone. Not over keen on a load of covers.

I've always thought her to be a load of hype/ drama and not much substance. I can't see many of the picnic sunday crown naming many songs of her either. 

Each to own though and if it's your thing enjoy. 😀

This is her go to festival set: 

1. (Iggy Pop cover)
  2. (Pretenders cover)
  3. (The Police cover)
  4. (John Newton cover)
  5. (Roxy Music cover)

Edited by danbailey80

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea, it's weird as...

She seems to play plenty of smaller venues and festivals, yet no Glastonbury.

Are we sure it's the fee that the issue?

I imagine Glastonbury is offering her Holts headliner whereas she thinks of herself more in the legend slot/upper tier of the Pyramid, which simply isn’t happening.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I imagine Glastonbury is offering her Holts headliner whereas she thinks of herself more in the legend slot/upper tier of the Pyramid, which simply isn’t happening.

And, ironically, WH headliner is her perfect slot.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

this. WH headliner. Maybe early Pyramid at a stretch.

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

These lads

£75 for standing in Manchester 😬

All dates vailable through the link on The Black Crowes website and use the code BASTARDS if any other fools like me want to be parted from their cash.

23 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I know her manager and the fee is always the sticking point. 

I always find it strange as you can’t imagine Piece Hall, Halifax is paying the big bucks! 

It ties in with recent claims that Glasto paid 10% of a bands normal fee last year.  I can see Grace Jones just being insulted by that kind of offer, whatever her fee is.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

£75 for standing in Manchester 😬

All dates vailable through the link on The Black Crowes website and use the code BASTARDS if any other fools like me want to be parted from their cash.

Damn pretty sure that’s like £20 more than when they toured last year.

20 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If Grace Jones is legend slot it would be the first year for ages where I've not gone. Not over keen on a load of covers.

I've always thought her to be a load of hype/ drama and not much substance. I can't see many of the picnic sunday crown naming many songs of her either. 

Each to own though and if it's your thing enjoy. 😀

This is her go to festival set: 

1. (Iggy Pop cover)
  2. (Pretenders cover)
  3. (The Police cover)
  4. (John Newton cover)
  5. (Roxy Music cover)

Seen her twice mate, sensational both times.

9 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Damn pretty sure that’s like £20 more than when they toured last year.

I think it was £60+ last time as I remember deciding against it. Actual price was £65, various thieving Ticketmaster charges took it to £75. 

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Seen her twice mate, sensational both times.

Aye she was hugely entertaining at the Downs in Bristol 2019.  Here's me watching "hang on is she still walking about with a hula hoop going"? 

I'm surprised at talk of WH headliner, as whilst she was great, she didn't top the bill there. 

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Aye she was hugely entertaining at the Downs in Bristol 2019.  Here's me watching "hang on is she still walking about with a hula hoop going"? 

I'm surprised at talk of WH headliner, as whilst she was great, she didn't top the bill there. 

The hula hoop would be the talk of Worthy Farm. "Did you see it"? etc

Are Glastonbury actually going to have to start paying more? I really know nothing about the monetary value behind these things...but somehow seems like there's more discruntled acts every year like its a major kind of fair wage/exploitation problem.

Is it really like Glasto are absolutely taking the piss...or is there more of an ego problem on the artists side?

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

2 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Are Glastonbury actually going to have to start paying more? I really know nothing about the monetary value behind these things...but somehow seems like there's more discruntled acts every year like its a major kind of fair wage/exploitation problem.

Is it really like Glasto are absolutely taking the piss...or is there more of an ego problem on the artists side?

I'd lean on the former - similar to how a lot of people try to push their luck on Instagram etc, it's all about the 'exposure' although televised acts certainly see a boost in sales. There have been recent articles saying how artists are realising they can make far more on their own tours than playing festivals, so it's a worrying time for the industry.

23 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Are Glastonbury actually going to have to start paying more?

Nope, it just means that there's some acts that will never do it.

Same as it ever was.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

They're dancing on the head of a pin trying to not increase the ticket price more than they have to, produce a line up that keeps the punters happy (both on the farm and at home) whilst also giving massive donations to charity

12 minutes ago, clarkete said:

They're dancing on the head of a pin trying to not increase the ticket price more than they have to, produce a line up that keeps the punters happy (both on the farm and at home) whilst also giving massive donations to charity

Yup. It's a real balancing act, not helped by two years of enforced absence due to Covid and other negative factors like Brexit and the Cozzie Livs.

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Irrelevant

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Irrelevant

I know it is to you fella, cos you can get on the farm every year, but even in this community (let alone the wider world) it's clear that being able to see some acts is a big consolation to those who are ticketless. 

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Irrelevant

While it's certainly way less important than entertaining the people actually with tickets, they do have to give it some thought. They're very fortunate to have the relationship they do with the Beeb as it acts as a brilliant shop window for the festival and helps to maintain ongoing interest- and thus ticket sales.

And without the latter they're f**ked.