2024 headline speculation

airwaves

7 minutes ago, Mike Hall said:

Weyes Blood would be a superb Garden Stage headliner. Also, shout out to Cory Hanson, who produced the best 'guitar' album of the year. Saw him at a tiny venue in Bristol the week before EOTR and he was brilliant.

Thanks for the shout on Cory Hanson - I really like Wand and hadn't realised this was a thing. Will give it a go

Terrible album name though

17 minutes ago, Mike Hall said:

Weyes Blood would be a superb Garden Stage headliner. Also, shout out to Cory Hanson, who produced the best 'guitar' album of the year. Saw him at a tiny venue in Bristol the week before EOTR and he was brilliant.

Love her and think she'd be great - worried festival season won't fall right for her touring, she's back here Oct/Nov isn't she

2 hours ago, allpointsnorth said:

Not a Woods or Garden stage headliner, but I would love to see W.H. Lung back. Saw them again last week at a small benefit gig in Salford. They really are my favourite UK live act at the moment. 3rd LP out next year, I could see them potentially headlining the Big Top.

Me too! I couldn't make the Salford one but went to the Carlton Club one back in April.

They're a really great band, great fun live and I don't understand how they're not bigger with just good pop tunes. Maybe COVID timing is part of it? I hope the third record does well and gets them to that type of level where they could be in a high slot.

32 minutes ago, Hinn said:

Sufjan announced he's got Guillian-Barré so that's definitely him ruled out for 2024

Practically no chance he was coming back anyway, EOTR is pretty much the last festival he's played to date.

To throw in another name, although of course we won't have any idea of who's around when until at least the very end of the year, Sharon Van Etten has pretty much said she'll have a new album in 2024.

19 minutes ago, domjon said:

I find myself listening to that Julie Byrne album a lot... wouldn't mind her coming back... although seem to remember she got terrible reviews last time

Any negative reviews would be unfair. She was plagued with technical difficulties and just gave up in the end after about 2/3 songs. Gutted because she was one of my "must sees" that weekend. Would love her to come back because that latest album is a beauty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

Any negative reviews would be unfair. She was plagued with technical difficulties and just gave up in the end after about 2/3 songs. Gutted because she was one of my "must sees" that weekend. Would love her to come back because that latest album is a beauty.

I just flicked through the yearly review thread on here for that year and she was getting pelters, I was there that year but pretty sure I missed her completely 

Any thoughts on Sigur Ros as a potential headliner? They've had a new album out this year, and are the very first name on that archived End of the Road wishlist. They'd be amazing (even if their latest stuff isn't the most exciting).

And for a name on the undercard, how about Blonde Redhead? They've got an album coming up, and the new stuff they've been releasing sounds absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LalanaCat said:

Any thoughts on Sigur Ros as a potential headliner? They've had a new album out this year, and are the very first name on that archived End of the Road wishlist. They'd be amazing (even if their latest stuff isn't the most exciting).

And for a name on the undercard, how about Blonde Redhead? They've got an album coming up, and the new stuff they've been releasing sounds absolutely brilliant.

Already headlined

On 9/24/2023 at 11:10 AM, SweepingTheNation said:

Four Tet just co-headlined Coachella. He is not going to be doing EOTR any time soon.

Not really.

He only got that spot as one of the three headliners pulled out (indeed there were three different headliners on weekend one). 

And co-headliners implies there were two headliners of equal size that night. 

in fact he was one member of a supergroup and on his own would have got a much less prestigious slot.

14 hours ago, zahidf said:

Tbh EOTR dont really do full DJ headliners 

They didn't really do rapper headliners too until they booked Little Simz.

Was at Green Man and crowd really enjoyed Four Tet when they headlined in '19. And the audience they are catering to is very similar. Don't see why it couldn't happen.

• Upvote 1