Green Man 2024

bexj

On 2/7/2024 at 2:36 PM, jannybruck said:

A little bit of a curveball but I wonder if New Order could be a possibility - they've two regional gigs scheduled a few days after (and almost certainly doing All Points East given the dates) and might fit in a sort of Kraftwerk placement way.

They'd be the biggest band on the bill but did Blue Dot, same capacity as GM, a couple of years ago so aren't opposed to doing these mid sized festivals.

Does the fact that one of them is a Cardiff date effectively rule them out though?  I think others said similar for Idles given their tour dates as well. 

16 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

That *does* sound unreliable, especially as she's about to play a 600 capacity London gig.

That's a Brits Week small venue show, she played Brixton Academy on her 2022 tour.  I don't think she'll headline, but it's not a fair comparison to make.

20 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Cutting smackdowns of people's predictions, hopes and dreams. The 'SweepingTheNation' speciality 🤣

But Boygenius *are* big enough to headline!

(I wanted to look something up in the 2023 thread the other day and was surprised how long that argument/assumption went on for - and a year later you could easily argue they're too big for GM)

15 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

That said, and this might be an interesting general debate while we wait, whilst Phoebe is out of their range right now where would Lucy and Julien go when they return to solo duty?

Also which festivals are going to book them? They've tapped into a whole new fanbase who will come in droves to see them. Feels like they might me more suited to The Glastonburys, The Readings and the London day festivals instead of Greenman/EOTR.

21 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Not booked as of today 🤷🏻‍♂️

Im taking this as you have an idea of who has been booked, so, are there any headliners that haven't been discussed in this thread so far?

Hoping for something out of the blue, akin to Devo last year!

20 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Im taking this as you have an idea of who has been booked, so, are there any headliners that haven't been discussed in this thread so far?

Hoping for something out of the blue, akin to Devo last year!

I wish! I just know Aurora doesn’t have GM lined up (at this time)