Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

22 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

Easier visualisation of clashes for those interested (as far as known). 

IMG_6615.jpeg

Just to add, they announced Ben Howard as headliner of castle stage this time last year and he was on 3rd castle in the end so don’t take clashes as gospel. 

Well, let’s hope they read this and stick Pixies under Courteeners or between Courteeners and Jamie T and they can stick some pop on against Jamie T on the Castle. 

10 minutes ago, John L said:

Well, let’s hope they read this and stick Pixies under Courteeners or between Courteeners and Jamie T and they can stick some pop on against Jamie T on the Castle. 

I think they have this clash about right.  Would expect 50/50 split for these headliners. 

I suspect one of the common allocated bands on the Friday will be ‘special guests’.  I am hoping this is Louis Tomlinson rather than idles as I am very intrigued to see idles > snow patrol transition.  

I don’t care particularly for the headliners but tons of stuff on the undercard that I like including IDLES, Murder Capital, Holly Humberstone, CMAT, Yard Act and Personal Trainer.

Overall, at this stage, the strongest lineup I have ever seen at Victorious (attended last 3 years). 

Feels like a definite shift to a Latitude level size.

3 minutes ago, SummerSolstice said:

That's the same weekend as their own festival, Krankenhaus?

I wonder if Sea Power were included in the article by accident?

Fatboy Slim’s appearance at the festival had previously been teased with a sign that had appeared on the Southsea seafront, which read ‘Praise You’ in reference to his hit of the same name.

They will be joined by acts including Wet Leg, Becky Hill, Pixies, Courteeners, IDLES, Jess Glynne, Arlo Parks, Louis Tomlinson and Natasha Bedingfield.

Also set to perform are Soft Play, the Lightning Seeds, Maximo Park, The Snuts, Yard Act, The Lottery Winners, The Pigeon Detectives, Holly Humberstone, The Amazons, The Lathums, Red Rum Club, Brooke Combe, Personal Trainer, Sea Power, Peace, The Murder Capital, Do Nothing and more.

surprised people are so happy with this

FBS Courteeners Jamie T and Snow Patrol are very dull headliner choices! Not particularly big either but I guess Biffy is carrying on that front

feels naff imo

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

surprised people are so happy with this

FBS Courteeners Jamie T and Snow Patrol are very dull headliner choices! Not particularly big either but I guess Biffy is carrying on that front

feels naff imo

Totally agree.i am so underwhelmed with this line up.i usually go with my wife and 2 sons and there's usually something they like but nothing on this line up.

Fat boy slim is average live and not keen on Jamie t.

I love murder capital, idles and snuts but this festival seems OK with mates but not so sure for families. I will probably give it a miss this year unless February comes up with some good bands 

It's a fairly decent line up for Victorious excluding Saturday, one of the festivals that is actually still reasonably priced. I don't see myself travelling that far down for it though. I would also be surprised if many UK Festivals after this book Biffy Clyro to headline their main stage as this is virtually an admittance those days are gone. They could probably still get away with Scotland or being a weaker IOW booking.

Edited by northernangel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

It's a fairly decent line up for Victorious excluding Saturday, one of the festivals that is actually still reasonably priced. I don't see myself travelling that far down for it though. I would also be surprised if many UK Festivals after this book Biffy Clyro to headline their main stage as this is virtually an admittance those days are gone. They could probably still get away with Scotland or being a weaker IOW booking.

Latitude, IOW and 2nd Stage Header at Reading & Leeds (which will be billed as a headliner spot).  They’d do Other Header now at Glasto on the next round

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

It's 65,000 capacity, it's not much smaller than the massive festivals in the UK 

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Latitude, IOW and 2nd Stage Header at Reading & Leeds (which will be billed as a headliner spot).  They’d do Other Header now at Glasto on the next round

Yup, as we know it can be billed as such but most headers on it wouldn't get MSE regardless outright 

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

It's 65,000 capacity, it's not much smaller than the massive festivals in the UK 

I'd say 15k compared to say Reading is still a lot. They don't book major festival headliners, they book sub level headers and full undercards usually well. I would attend more if it was just so far away and the accommodation expense and I don't want a bus in and out everyday.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Biffy have been far off headlining Glasto / RNL again anyway

They headlined Reading's second stage in 2021

Yeah but that was a stand in, so did The 1975 as a stand in.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah but that was a stand in, so did The 1975 as a stand in.

The 1975 were brought in and it still didn't sell well - they had a sh*t year and needed someone to prop up sales. In 2021 the festival was long since sold out so they got a cheap replacement for QOTSA.

Biffy Clyro are clearly not headlining R&L in 2023 regardless

On 12/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, John L said:

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/line-up-2024/

Some bad clashes already. Jamie T against Pixies is horrible and Biffy v Wet Leg. Not sure they’ve got them right.

Probably makes it less likely I’ll go as I’d have wanted to see all of them.

Yeah that's rough, Wet Leg and Biffy would be 2 of the bands I'd most want to see

7 hours ago, gfa said:

The 1975 were brought in and it still didn't sell well - they had a sh*t year and needed someone to prop up sales. In 2021 the festival was long since sold out so they got a cheap replacement for QOTSA.

Biffy Clyro are clearly not headlining R&L in 2023 regardless

Wasn't in The 1975s 3rd appearance in 5 years or something?, fair to say people had seen them

On 12/5/2023 at 11:48 PM, Rich s said:

Totally agree.i am so underwhelmed with this line up.i usually go with my wife and 2 sons and there's usually something they like but nothing on this line up.

Fat boy slim is average live and not keen on Jamie t.

I love murder capital, idles and snuts but this festival seems OK with mates but not so sure for families. I will probably give it a miss this year unless February comes up with some good bands 

Surely its down to personal taste, I've seen Jamie T live a few times and think he's great. Fatboy slim is a headliner of any festival this size and Biffy are a great headliner for a fest of this size. I'd also say the undercard is strong,  some really good and decent pop for the folks who like that sort of thing and Pixies and Idles alone are 2 bands that probabaly would have headlined 3 years ago.

For my tastes this is a Very strong festival with an undercard better than IOW which is much more expensive and difficult to get to 

52 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Surely its down to personal taste, I've seen Jamie T live a few times and think he's great. Fatboy slim is a headliner of any festival this size and Biffy are a great headliner for a fest of this size. I'd also say the undercard is strong,  some really good and decent pop for the folks who like that sort of thing and Pixies and Idles alone are 2 bands that probabaly would have headlined 3 years ago.

For my tastes this is a Very strong festival with an undercard better than IOW which is much more expensive and difficult to get to 

precisely   it's really strong for me. very happy with it

Well after all the anticipating and lip smacking.... and .... well.... too be honest pretty underwhelmed really... each to their own but for us only artists that get the juices half flowing are Courteeners, Pixies and Wet Leg... the Friday looks an absolute chore ... so unless there are some more than decent add on's we will probably give it a miss this year... cant justify £800.00 hotel for weekend + weekend ticket + £8-00 a beer blah blah .... see how it is next year... laters

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryHammer said:

Well after all the anticipating and lip smacking.... and .... well.... too be honest pretty underwhelmed really... each to their own but for us only artists that get the juices half flowing are Courteeners, Pixies and Wet Leg... the Friday looks an absolute chore ... so unless there are some more than decent add on's we will probably give it a miss this year... cant justify £800.00 hotel for weekend + weekend ticket + £8-00 a beer blah blah .... see how it is next year... laters

That's fair enough and its what i mean about each to their own, Wet Leg I've seen before and they're ok live, Courteeners sent me to sleep, Pixies are stunning altohugh i've seen them a few times recently where they didnt play a lot of the "big tunes" - which I loved, others probabaly wouldn't. 

4 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

Yes ,we can't all have the same music tastes. 

I love idles and murder capital and have seen a lot of the bands but my family are not keen on most acts which hasn't been the case in recent years.

I have seen fat boy slim and imo he is average as I think Jamie t is.

Last year's headliners looked stronger but as you say it's all about taste,some people are loving this line up whilst I am in the underwhelmed camp!

Just means I won't go.(have seen murder capital and snuts this year) idles last year so I'm not missing out.

Unless the next wave of acts tempts me

On 12/7/2023 at 12:00 AM, northernangel said:

Wasn't in The 1975s 3rd appearance in 5 years or something?, fair to say people had seen them

Not sure what your point is - they did MSE two of those 3 appearances. They are pretty much the ideal act to book there atm hence they keep returning in big slots

vs Biffy with 1 MSW slot they were roped into doing on a sold out year just to fill the slot with someone

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not sure what your point is - they did MSE two of those 3 appearances. They are pretty much the ideal act to book there atm hence they keep returning in big slots

vs Biffy with 1 MSW slot they were roped into doing on a sold out year just to fill the slot with someone

My point is, people didn't go....ohh The 1975 are finally playing it.