2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

6 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

Just got my 3 day ticket. First time going but couldn't resist the discount and the free refunds. 

Are we missing out on anything special on the 4th day? 

The Forest opens up on the Wednesday night with a few bands and a silent disco until around 1am. If you're not bothered by that then no not really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Y'ello... Help me make a decision please.... I am done and DONE with Download. I've had some wild times there, and some meh times. This year was great for me, but I'm not getting any younger (52 by next season) and Donington is exhausting.

I'm seriously considering 2000Trees as an alternative. This year's lineup looked alright, and the location is about an hour and a half better.

I hear good things about Bloodstock all the time, but the lineups there are typically too relentlessly heavy for me. I prefer a bit more variety in rock genres. 

The biggest problem is going to be convincing the guys I usually go to DL with. 

Any words of wisdom? 

32 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

Y'ello... Help me make a decision please.... I am done and DONE with Download. I've had some wild times there, and some meh times. This year was great for me, but I'm not getting any younger (52 by next season) and Donington is exhausting.

I'm seriously considering 2000Trees as an alternative. This year's lineup looked alright, and the location is about an hour and a half better.

I hear good things about Bloodstock all the time, but the lineups there are typically too relentlessly heavy for me. I prefer a bit more variety in rock genres. 

The biggest problem is going to be convincing the guys I usually go to DL with. 

Any words of wisdom? 

We did 2000Trees this year for the first time. We are both 58.

We loved it and booked again for next year. Couldn't really fault anything.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few non-British non-headline bands who haven't played before who I think could/should make an appearance next year:

The Story So Far

Hot Mulligan

Spanish Love Songs

Counterparts

Stray From The Path

La Dispute

Charlotte Sands

Hawthorne Heights

Scene Queen

Mom Jeans.

Balance and Composure

The Hotelier

Movements

Sincere Engineer

Pool Kids

Jeff Rosenstock

Scowl

SeeYouSpaceCowboy

The Callous Daoboys

Edited by Andrinald
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

A few non-British non-headline bands who haven't played before who I think could/should make an appearance next year:

The Story So Far

Hot Mulligan

Spanish Love Songs

Counterparts

Stray From The Path

La Dispute

Charlotte Sands

Hawthorne Heights

Scene Queen

Mom Jeans.

Balance and Composure

The Hotelier

Movements

Sincere Engineer

Pool Kids

Jeff Rosenstock

Scowl

SeeYouSpaceCowboy

The Callous Daoboys

Yes please for the acts in bold. I’d also like to see Rise Against do it but think they’d want to headline and doubt that’d happen. 

On 9/21/2023 at 11:33 AM, Andrinald said:

The Story So Far

Hot Mulligan

Spanish Love Songs

Counterparts

Stray From The Path

La Dispute

Charlotte Sands

Hawthorne Heights

Scene Queen

Mom Jeans.

Balance and Composure

The Hotelier

Movements

Sincere Engineer

Pool Kids

Jeff Rosenstock

Scowl

SeeYouSpaceCowboy

The Callous Daoboys

Just yes for most of these. Especially Jeff Rosenstock, Hot Mulligan, Spanish Love Songs, La Dispute, Hotelier and TSSF

9 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Was thinking could Neck Deep headline this? Or are they not a right fit for Trees?

Perfect fit

While She Sleeps just headlined Ally Pally, and shortly after it's done and they don't need to promote or shift tickets for it Trees have a headliner announcement to make 

I'm not a betting man but I feel like it's very likely that Sleeps are one of the headliners for next year, seeing as they have history with the festival and have played multiple times in the past too

27 minutes ago, itskinglizard said:

While She Sleeps just headlined Ally Pally, and shortly after it's done and they don't need to promote or shift tickets for it Trees have a headliner announcement to make 

I'm not a betting man but I feel like it's very likely that Sleeps are one of the headliners for next year, seeing as they have history with the festival and have played multiple times in the past too

Would be a fantastic start!