2024 Stage Predictions

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

I didn't think/ realize they were anything approaching other stage sized 

They have their new movie coming out which has received great reviews so far and there is a feeling that they will explode off the back of it (or so I've read online). Also have a new song out with Grian from Fontaines DC which I've heard on the radio a few times lately. Still not sure what that means for where they'd play - but I'd say they will be on the up by June!

16 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ah, I've only been twice! I think that relative novice status explains it for me.

With the benefit of hindsight, there's two - maybe three - I should have skipped. I shouldn't have bothered with Muse (2016) and Ed Sheeran (2017) because I saw both do practically the same - or superior versions of - show on those tours in the run-up. Should have done Underworld / Sigur Ros for the former, and Justice for the latter.

The only other one is Foo Fighters (2017), but that's questionable. I saw 'em at Milton Keynes Bowl on the Broken Leg run and felt they were average; some serious sound issues meant Everlong was butchered as the opener, and Iggy Pop blew 'em off-stage in support, even with a John Paul Jones and Roger Taylor cameo. The Glastonbury show was a definite improvement, but I still walked away feeling a little underwhelmed. Probably should have seen Phoenix.

Conversely, Adele, Coldplay (2016) and Radiohead (2017) were all the right choice for me. Probably have all three shows in my ten best festival gigs ever. Just worked for me on so many levels!

Thank you for listening 😅

My first festival I saw all 3 Pyramid headliners as well so that's understandable. Have never seen all 3 since though and have done a couple of festivals where I haven't seen any. I now average one a year.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

My first festival I saw all 3 Pyramid headliners as well so that's understandable. Have never seen all 3 since though and have done a couple of festivals where I haven't seen any. I now average one a year.

I think if I had gone last year, the only one I would have done would have been Elton John, though Guns N' Roses would have been a toss-up. Really don't find Arctic Monkeys a scintillating live band, so I may have started with 'em and drifted off to the back end of Hot Chip. (I may have said that already.)

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think if I had gone last year, the only one I would have done would have been Elton John, though Guns N' Roses would have been a toss-up. Really don't find Arctic Monkeys a scintillating live band, so I may have started with 'em and drifted off to the back end of Hot Chip. (I may have said that already.)

Yep Elton was my one Pyramid headliner last year. Kelis on the Friday at West Holts was amazing. Saturday my headliner was crumble and custard (I have no regrets!!) I saw Rina on Woodsies, watched a couple of songs of Lana purely because my niece begged me to and then went for crumble. I probably should have gone back to West Holts for Loyle Carner I had seen him earlier in the year and I was hungry though and sometimes crumble is more important!

22 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The problem I find is that I've yet to find the courage to skip a Pyramid headliner in fear I'll miss something.

Had I gone last year, think I would have passed on Arctic Monkeys, but no idea where I would have gone. Probably Hot Chip.

My first ever glasto headliner was at the acoustic stage

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Reify said:

Not mine, but found this and seems quite faithful to a lot of the intel shared on this forum. An enjoyable peruse while we wait patiently for the first announcement... https://clashfinder.com/s/glasto2024mock/

This is pure torture, without a ticket.

That AMAZING gap on Sunday where I could see Sugababes, Nicks, Snow Patrol, then head over to watch Janelle Monae, to then stroll back for Stevie Wonder..... sh*t me sideways.