2024 Stage Predictions

54 minutes ago, svphiem said:

Friend of a friend uses a VPN set to the glastonbury area… and manages to get tickets every year. Claims that is why he is successful. Could this be true lol?

I mean it may be true.

But them getting tickets and the fact they're using a VPN are likely to have minimal if any direct causation. The fact the VPN was set to Glastonbury will have none whatsoever (I'm not sure where the servers currently are - but I'd wager good money it's not within 20 miles of Glastonbury).

39 minutes ago, incident said:

I mean it may be true.

But them getting tickets and the fact they're using a VPN are likely to have minimal if any direct causation. The fact the VPN was set to Glastonbury will have none whatsoever (I'm not sure where the servers currently are - but I'd wager good money it's not within 20 miles of Glastonbury).

I have always joked that the See servers must be in Liverpool.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:47 PM, incident said:

I mean it may be true.

Definitely not. I’ve only ever managed to get a ticket in general once (today) and I live in Glastonbury. Same for most people here. I always assumed that it’s the super demand for tickets i the local area so less likely…..but who knows? 

On 11/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

OK

Fri
Py: Coldplay, J Hus, Alanis Morissette, James, Declan McKenna
OS: Doja Cat, Bring Me The Horizon, Suede, Mitski, Holly Humberstone
WH: Justice, Soulwax, Danny Brown, Cleo Sol, Laufey
Wo: PJ Harvey, Echo + The Bunnymen, Bakar, Soccer Mommy, Yard Act
Pa: M.I.A., Floating Points, The Last Dinner Party, Biig Piig, Witch

Sat
Py: Madonna, Pulp, Jorja Smith, Idles, Avril Lavigne
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Asake, Ice Spice, Bombay Bicycle Club, Keane
WH: FKA Twigs, Sampha, Gilberto Gil + Family, Joan Armatrading, Amaarae
Wo: MGMT, Nothing But Thieves, Ashnikko, Knucks, Olivia Dean
Pa: King Krule, Future Islands, Corinne Bailey-Rae, Tirzah, Genesis Owusu

Sun
Py: Dua Lipa, Alicia Keys, Duran Duran, Stevie Nicks, Mika
OS: The National, The Streets, Anne-Marie, King Gizzard + The Lizard Wizard, Kaiser Chiefs
WH: Kano, Gabrielle, Romy, Black Uhuru, Yussef Dayes
Wo: Jungle, PinkPantheress, Bloc Party, The Horrors, Ren
Pa: The Smile, Black Midi, Lucinda Williams, Ichiko Aoba, Lancey Foux

thay west holts weekend lineup would be amazing 

FRI
Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Tame Impala, Green Day^
Other: Bring Me the Horizon
West Holts: Justice
Woodsies: Cigarettes After Sex
Park: Mogwai

SAT
Pyramid: Coldplay, Paul Weller, Anne Marie
Other: Doja Cat
West Holts: Rosalia
Woodsies: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Park: The Smile

SUN
Pyramid
: Madonna, Sam Smith, Mitski, Stevie Nicks*
Other: The National
West Holts: FKA Twigs
Woodsies: Two Door Cinema Club
Park: Richard Hawley

^Secret set
*Legends Slot

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

FRI

SAT

SUN
Pyramid

^Secret set
*Legends Slot

Mitski's had a good year but can't see her getting 3rd Pyramid. It would be such a dead slot for her. Maybe 5th/6th or mid Other.

Would be surprised to see Cigarettes After Sex headlining Woodsies and Rosalía would probably demand a bigger slot than that now.

Rest looks reasonable.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Mitski's had a good year but can't see her getting 3rd Pyramid. It would be such a dead slot for her. Maybe 5th/6th or mid Other.

Would be surprised to see Cigarettes After Sex headlining Woodsies and Rosalía would probably demand a bigger slot than that now.

Rest looks reasonable.

I went back and forth on Mitski being there - I had her topping Woodsies at one point, but decided she'd be of the zeitgeist for next year. Definitely one I had doubts on.

Cigarettes After Sex, again, were it not for those excellent live sales, I don't think would be near the top. But apparently have more appeal than I thought, who knows!

Rosalía... aye, you're right, but I just don't know if she fits any of the quote-unquote bigger spots. Might bypass entirely.

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

FRI

SAT

SUN
Pyramid

^Secret set
*Legends Slot

I’d be pretty happy with this. Coldplay vs YYY would kill me though, they’d be so good in the tent. Is there anything in the YYY, Tame Impala and Stevie Nicks rumours I’ve seen or is it more hope from people as I’d love those 3. 

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’d be pretty happy with this. Coldplay vs YYY would kill me though, they’d be so good in the tent. Is there anything in the YYY, Tame Impala and Stevie Nicks rumours I’ve seen or is it more hope from people as I’d love those 3. 

First two is just me throwing it out there, though Stevie Nicks appears to have been zeroed in on as a likely candidate following Emily's comments. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

I feel like if anything Two Door would likely be an early evening/late afternoon OS headliner now, would be really uninspired as a Woodsies headliner I think 

I think they did that slot a few years ago. Nailed it from memory. 

• Upvote 1

Here's a revised prediction based on one I did before, with more acts who are definitely touring around it (and a few still to be revised)

Pyramid: Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo, Jorja Smith, Garbage, Sigrid, Lizzie McAlpine, Local Band

Other: SZA, Deftones, Ice Spice, Beabadoobee, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Happy Mondays, Bombay Bicycle Club

West Holts: LCD Soundsystem, Brittany Howard, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Paris Texas, Black Uhuru, Jalen Ngonda, Nu Genea

Woodsies: Jungle, Cage The Elephant, GAYLE, Bleachers, Tove Lo, 100 Gecs, Faye Webster, Sorry

Park: PJ Harvey, Lord Huron, Ashnikko, Lapsley, Snail Mail, The Mysterines, Blondshell, X (Beth Gibbons)

Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Pulp, Sting, Keane, Rita Ora, Richard Hawley, James Blunt

Other: J Hus, Ren, Kim Petras, Yard Act, Anne-Marie, Holly Humberstone, Ethel Cain, Hot Milk

West Holts: Justice, Floating Points, Sister Sledge, Confidence Man, Omar Apollo, Olivia Dean, Kamaal Williams

Woodsies: Pendulum, Belle and Sebastian, The Chats, X, Georgia, Alfie Templeman, Cian Ducrot

Park: Future Islands, Denzel Curry, Alvvays, Bess Atwell, Nieve Ella, The Anchoress, Loose Articles, Picture Parlour

Pyramid: Madonna, Sam Smith, Weezer, Stevie Nicks, Mabel, Mika, Local Band

Other: The National, Avril Lavigne, Pinkpantheress, Tom Odell, The Japanese House, Muna, Courtney Marie Andrews

West Holts: Chaka Khan, Sampha, X (The Streets), Gabrielle, Bob Vylan, Bakar, Badbadnotgood, Mdou Moctar

Woodsies: Robyn, Mimi Webb, Soccer Mommy, Rachel Chinouriri, Gilla Band, Meekz, Coach Party

Park: The Smile, Anna Calvi, The Blaze, CMAT, Biig Piig, Kevin Morby, Remi Wolf, Prima Queen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Here's a revised prediction based on one I did before, with more acts who are definitely touring around it (and a few still to be revised)

Pyramid: Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo, Jorja Smith, Garbage, Sigrid, Lizzie McAlpine, Local Band

Other: SZA, Deftones, Ice Spice, Beabadoobee, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Happy Mondays, Bombay Bicycle Club

West Holts: LCD Soundsystem, Brittany Howard, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Paris Texas, Black Uhuru, Jalen Ngonda, Nu Genea

Woodsies: Jungle, Cage The Elephant, GAYLE, Bleachers, Tove Lo, 100 Gecs, Faye Webster, Sorry

Park: PJ Harvey, Lord Huron, Ashnikko, Lapsley, Snail Mail, The Mysterines, Blondshell, X (Beth Gibbons)

Other: J Hus, Ren, Kim Petras, Yard Act, Anne-Marie, Holly Humberstone, Ethel Cain, Hot Milk

West Holts: Justice, Floating Points, Sister Sledge, Confidence Man, Omar Apollo, Olivia Dean, Kamaal Williams

Woodsies: Pendulum, Belle and Sebastian, The Chats, X, Georgia, Alfie Templeman, Cian Ducrot

Park: Future Islands, Denzel Curry, Alvvays, Bess Atwell, Nieve Ella, The Anchoress, Loose Articles, Picture Parlour

Other: The National, Avril Lavigne, Pinkpantheress, Tom Odell, The Japanese House, Muna, Courtney Marie Andrews

West Holts: Chaka Khan, Sampha, X (The Streets), Gabrielle, Bob Vylan, Bakar, Badbadnotgood, Mdou Moctar

Woodsies: Robyn, Mimi Webb, Soccer Mommy, Rachel Chinouriri, Gilla Band, Meekz, Coach Party

Park: The Smile, Anna Calvi, The Blaze, CMAT, Biig Piig, Kevin Morby, Remi Wolf, Prima Queen

BICEP self confirmed need to start putting them into these lineups. 

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Looks like I'll be starting the Picnic Blanket Posse at West Holts for 2024