Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

32 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Is this the first time the ‘legend’ will have been subjectively not a legend? 

Well if you're talking subjectively, you could probably find sometime somewhere to make that case for every single past act.

Edited by incident

15 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Is this the first time the ‘legend’ will have been subjectively not a legend? 

I'd say that was Kylie. 

It's probably down to the act's age. I may not like a lot of the acts that have previously played the slot but you could see why the term would be applied to them. Kylie was just in the Successful Pop Artist Slot.

11 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

With Stevie Nicks still seemingly rumoured to be coming over for BST would it not be Stevie as the legend and Shania just high up the bill or is it more likely to be Stevie main sub? 

Given the 2 week gap between Glastonbury and her expected BST date, it's quite possible she won't be at the Festival at all.

30 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

With Stevie Nicks still seemingly rumoured to be coming over for BST would it not be Stevie as the legend and Shania just high up the bill or is it more likely to be Stevie main sub? 

Shania is more campy frivilous fun, so more likely for the Legends slot.

Could see Nicks on after her (or 3rd down another day). Doubt she'd be Pyramid sub.

30 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Stevie wouldn't facilitate dancing security guards so probably not.

7 hours ago, Scrump said:

Off topic but can I ask what it was like camping by Woodsies? I'm considering it this year

I know long walk to SE corner but not too bothered by that. I hear they had more late night stuff going on around there but can't seem to find out what it was or if it was any good. 

I think we've camped up that direction 3 times in total. We camped in the woodsies campsite area in 2014 and again 2015 (may have in fact been darble) and then literally the other side of the walkway outside the John Peel tent one year. I think the John Peel stage has now moved as well as being renamed so imagine things are quite different now to those years. Wasn't any late night stuff up that way back then after silver Hayes and beat hotel finished. As you say it's a long walk from the SE corner but I quite enjoy those hazy, meandering walks back to the tent. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scrump said:

Off topic but can I ask what it was like camping by Woodsies? I'm considering it this year

I know long walk to SE corner but not too bothered by that. I hear they had more late night stuff going on around there but can't seem to find out what it was or if it was any good. 

You'll have to put up with having pricks like me around, so don't bother

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perfect fit for the Legend Slot, as evidenced by her smashing the almighty f**k out of it 

Even though Chris Martin turned up and butchered her best song with a crappy acoustic rendition?