Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

22 hours ago, clarkete said:

I think we get mentions of the eagles every page or two, but given their gig tickets cost a big chunk of what we pay for the entire festival it seems entirely implausible, plus of course there's never been the tiniest hint of a rumour and they're on their farewell tour. 

They’ve been on their farewell tour for twenty years at this stage. It’s become a running joke, the name of their latest tour even lampoons it. 

29 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Nobody is nailed on because who knows what’s going on behind the scenes, but so far Shania is the only one we’ve had actual info on.

Thanks. I meant nailed on as much as the three main headliners appear to be, which it sounds like is a yes. 🙏🏽

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone think we might get a legend/tea time straight out of left field, someone who hasn’t been mentioned yet, (and I don’t mean Billy Bragg),? The field I suppose is limited but you never know. 

Emily specifically said female

21 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You sure love a setlist

I sure do. It'll be my diagnosis, apologies to those who don't care for them. 

19 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I was obsessed with Come on Over album at the ages of 14-16. Don't be Stupid in particular was often on repeat on my walkman! Such a good album.

Great tune. 

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Very wishful thinking but... 

She's doing stuff in 24

Even fun just to imagine it in fantasy land. 

Joni Mitchell: Singer to make Grammy debut performance at 80 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68126944

Very unlikely and probably not at her best if she has had to relearn how to play the guitar. 

I normally avoid heritage acts but I would be all over this

9 minutes ago, tarw said:

Very unlikely and probably not at her best if she has had to relearn how to play the guitar. 

I normally avoid heritage acts but I would be all over this

She already re learned how to play.

But yes, Very unlikely. Think she would need a whole support group and set up around her but who knows.

She has history on the Beeb right?

Edited by The Nal

43 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Very wishful thinking but... 

She's doing stuff in 24

Even fun just to imagine it in fantasy land. 

Joni Mitchell: Singer to make Grammy debut performance at 80 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68126944

I was landing in LA for a gig at the Hollywood Bowl late last year that there was a chance of her turning up for but it was a tremendous ballache to make happen logistically cos I had my family with me etc etc. Of course she turned up and played a few tracks. 

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

I was landing in LA for a gig at the Hollywood Bowl late last year that there was a chance of her turning up for but it was a tremendous ballache to make happen logistically cos I had my family with me etc etc. Of course she turned up and played a few tracks. 

We all think less of you for not ditching your family on the roadside and going to see Joni.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Nal said:

She already re learned how to play.

But yes, Very unlikely. Think she would need a whole support group and set up around her but who knows.

She has history on the Beeb right?

Stop getting my hopes up!!!

Joni Mitchell is one of my favourite artists ever.  Blue is such an incredible album.  I wrote off ever seeing her live and when you look at her touring history she only played the uk a handful of times ever.  So given her health it is so unlikely....but if it did somehow happen it would be incredible.  Every time I see some news about her my heart sort of skips.  it is like a 1 in a million chance she would play though.

I'd be all over Peter Gabriel, but would be very much in the mould of last year. There's a handful of bangers in his catalogue but not enough to really meet the merits of, say, a Dolly or a Lionel or a Kylie.

There's also the fact his setlist for last year's tour was virtually all of his new record in full with a handful of others. Only two pre-So tracks, I think. (The new album was terrific though.)

On 1/29/2024 at 3:47 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd be all over Peter Gabriel, but would be very much in the mould of last year. There's a handful of bangers in his catalogue but not enough to really meet the merits of, say, a Dolly or a Lionel or a Kylie.

There's also the fact his setlist for last year's tour was virtually all of his new record in full with a handful of others. Only two pre-So tracks, I think. (The new album was terrific though.)

I'd be all over a PG show at Glasto too.

I just can't see where he'd fit in. Years ago I'd say Jazz World headliner but now WH has mostly dance stuff headlining so I can't see it. Perhaps a mid-afternoon Pyramid Crowded House style set is the only vague possibility. 

Edited by danbailey80