Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

Carole King would be great for that "oh wait, this one was them as well?" factor, but I dunno if she tours much now? 

I think we'll get Robbie Williams sooner rather than later tbh. Still does festivals, loads of hits, history with Glastonbury - I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

I wonder if they'll take the same approach as this year and have a lower key legend slot followed by one a bit more casual-friendly?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reckon Bob would do it for buttons. He's already put his hat in the ring for it.

Yeah he's keen, feels inevitable he'll have done it by the end of the decade.

Only thing that might stall him is that he's still quite young and the fest might want to book older acts while they still can.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Main danger with a Robbie appearance would be the clamour for Barlow and his dirty Tory friends to follow in his footsteps. We simply cannot afford such a thought to even briefly cross Emily’s mind. 

Agreed. No one wants Barry Garlow & the Tax avoiders there

3 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Hall & Oates

These lads would be a biggie for me but I don't think the general population would be about it unless they've had some kinda surge since playing midday to a half empty tent in the early evening at Latitude about a decade ago.

Ps they'd like to know that they are DARYLL Hall and JOHN Oates 😡 they are NOT simple Hall & Oates and never have been thankyouverymuch

• Like 1

Not sure if it's realistic, but Joni Mitchell just played her first show in decades. Lots of great songs, undoubtedly a legend, would be a real wow booking and some of her songs fit in with the festivals eco ideals("They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot" has to be one of the greatest lyrics about humanity destroying nature, simple but poignant)

Ooooo Shania Twain would be a good one too! Isn't she on record saying she'd like to do it some point?

Rick Astley and Foo Fighters are evidence that earlier bookings can still be a huge crowd draw and have huge media attention. Maybe that will appeal more to acts like Robbie Williams etc so doesn't have to necessarily be a 'legend' but still pull off a mega pyramid party anytime...

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

If its Robbie Williams, then i'll get a chance to see the rest of the site being nice and quiet while he's on 👍 

part of me was a bit jealous of my mate who eschewed the EJ/pyramid throng, he took some amazing pics of the tiny crowds at the Glade and Other - but everyone there was having a lovely old time. 

45 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Bit of a Big Shot, but I can see it being Billy Joel next year. Pretty gutted I won’t be there to see it. If not then Robbie is probably a Strong second contender. 

I'd love to see Piano Man live, but don't like the rest of his music enough to pay to see him, so getting to see him at a festival would be ideal for me