Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

This album is fantastic! Perfect balance of catchy radio-friendly pop, ballads, smart lyrics and teen garage rock. Bits of it sound like Weezer and Pixies?! 'Ballad of a Homeschooled Girl' needs to be a radio single. She is taking The Breeders out on her arena tour?!

I'm all aboard this hype train now!

Edited by FrogLobster

It is a very good album, personally I think better than the debut as she sounds more confident in her style.  What strikes me (asper post above) is the variety of influences included in the album.  Obvious ones like Swift, Paramore (as per first album) but now Lorde, Beck, even the sounding like the a mix of the Longpigs and Weezer on 'Ballad on a homeschooled Girl'

Hopefully the album has legs and bears repeat listens over a longer timeframe, but all in my house (age 11-45) are hooked 

My 14yr old dauguter got a code for the general sale - no ticket buying history, just registered with an email.  

I registered for Amex presale, and got waitlisted, despite:

• Having bought something (with the same email address) from Olivia Rodrigo's online store within the last 2 months.
  • Having an extensive Ticketmaster order history for similar artists (on an account with the same email).
  • Having an Amex Platinum card

So I think at this point, I'm assuming they don't do any of the Verified Fan stuff that they (claim to) do in the US - and that it's just complete luck of the draw...

Which leads to the inevitable conclusion that the whole pre-registration thing is mostly about managing the impact of high demand on Ticketmaster's servers (by making it harder for bots etc), and not really about getting tickets into the hands of fans.

Edited by goonerben
Makes me wonder if Glastonbury ticket sales might go more in a "luck of the draw" direction too, with various pre-steps.
  • Upvote 1