Your biggest fail/error when attending The Farm?

Tom White

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I went to the Foos to stay with the group and cos it was something I thought could have been interesting and worth acquiring some 'I was there points' at.

And then bugger me I actually quite enjoyed it 

To me it was a perfect Foo Fighters slot. Im not a huge fan, it's all too samey for me - but an hour was great.

If they'd have played Monkey Wrench, it'd have been perfect.

• Upvote 1

Amazed I’m the first person to mention choosing England v Germany over Slash’s Snakepit and Ray Davies.

I also made the mistake of trying to be cool by seeing George Clinton. I think it was when Muse we’re on Pyramid? Saw about 30 minutes, had enough and headed for West Holts rather than Other stage.

And as much as I love and adore Suzanne Vega, I definitely should have chosen Beyoncé.

• Upvote 2

For sets, Janet Jackson over Lizzo. Barry Gibb over The Killers. Beck in the rain in 2016, god that was miserable and he went all Royal Blood on us for not being particularly enthusiastic during a rain storm.

More generally, I'll see some food place I want to try and put it off thinking I can go back later. 90% of the time I can't find it or just forget so end up eating some crap because it's convenient and not something i really wanted because I was waiting for the perfect time to eat it or something. I always regret not trying some food even though I had the opportunity.

5 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Taking too much. You never need as much stuff as you think you do. Finally learnt it but it took a few festivals when I first started going to realise just how little you actually need to take 

30 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Imagine unscrewing that entire bed in that photo that was doing the rounds on the Monday morning.

I genuinely thought this was about drugs until I read your reply

• Like 1

Wanted to watch New Order in 2016 but decided to stay with my friends and not being brave enough to trudge through the mud.

Have never liked Adele and since fallen in love with New Order.

Was only 22 then and as I’ve gone through my mid to late twenties Ive listened to so much of them.

7 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Taking too much. You never need as much stuff as you think you do. Finally learnt it but it took a few festivals when I first started going to realise just how little you actually need to take 

I like going by coach because it really does teach you to take what you need, not what you think you might need.

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Going along to see Joe Wicks PE just because he was close to Acoustic stage which is where the first act I wanted to see was on. I fully intended to just laugh at other people doing it but damn that Glasto spirit that made me think I should also throw myself into it. The lunges and squats I did made moving for the rest of the weekend much more painful than it needed to be. 

I wish there was a laugh reaction!

Not switching will call to mail last year. Lost about 3 hours between queue for ticket pick up and getting to worthy view. Shouldve known better that the fest wasnt going to compensate making every international ticket will call with proper staffing.

im sure somebody can give a report as to how it was this year and if the line was a mess or if it went back to normal.

Edited by Suprefan

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I went to Prodigy over Blur.

Half my mates who went to Blur left saying it was sh*t.

No regrets, in fact it's one of my favourite Glastonbury sets.. my first time there. One of my favourite ever bands. It was perfect for me.

Ditto. 1 friend came to Prodigy with me. It was a blast. Perfect end to festival. 

Going to see KT Tunstall over QOTSA in 2011. Entirely due to friend (now ex-friend for other reasons) constantly moaning “we always see who YOU want to see… but I can’t go on my own, I’d get lost.” BIG mistake.

That and buying a German army poncho in 2007 (my waterproof jacket was leaking). Meant for a 6ft bloke and I’m 5’2”. The long drops were fun…

9 hours ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Imagine unscrewing that entire bed in that photo that was doing the rounds on the Monday morning.

That was a radio competition winner, wasn’t it? Seems as fishy as the lady moaning at Vodafone being given free tickets… (not letting that one go).

Just now, Jack The Stripper said:

I missed the Vodafone one? What happened?

Someone who appeared to be a bit of an influencer moaned at SeeTickets on Twitter (tagging in Vodafone) after not getting tickets in the general sale -like a fair few of us - and then Vodafone replied months later out of the blue saying ‘Let’s get that sorted’ and she got a free weekend ticket.

10 hours ago, ICGenie said:

Amazed I’m the first person to mention choosing England v Germany over Slash’s Snakepit and Ray Davies.

I also made the mistake of trying to be cool by seeing George Clinton. I think it was when Muse we’re on Pyramid? Saw about 30 minutes, had enough and headed for West Holts rather than Other stage.

And as much as I love and adore Suzanne Vega, I definitely should have chosen Beyoncé.

I regret the score but don't regret the choice. Would have been good to see Ray Davies though.

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I went to Prodigy over Blur.

Half my mates who went to Blur left saying it was sh*t.

No regrets, in fact it's one of my favourite Glastonbury sets.. my first time there. One of my favourite ever bands. It was perfect for me.

Ha, nothing wrong with the choice but for your mates to say Blur were sh*t - I don't know how anyone could haver thought that even if they weren't particularly a fan.