COVID

DeanoL

Sorry to hear that, mate. Hope it’s not too bad for you. It crossed my mind during the half hour it took to finally escape the Elton crowd that if anyone around me has COVID, we’ve all got it. I actively avoided anyone coughing to the extent possible. 

All our group got it last year, pretty sure if you're +ve today you probably caught it Thursday/Friday.

I suspect a load more will go down with something or other over the next week.

Dr's were also warning of measles etc due to dropping vaccination rates.

Been to the last 7 and never come home ill so it was only a matter of time. 

never been this ill before, I think it’s the dust. Not sure what to do but coughing my lungs up to a scary point. Haven’t been able to eat anything since getting home thanks to nausea. Muscles aching like crazy and sweating. 

tested and negative. I think it’s the dust inhalation. I can’t seem to cough nothing up though 😩

In the morning's i tend to cough quite a lot due to the amount of fags i smoke the night before, in the queue for some food one morning some typical looking well to do girl looked at me like i was a some sort of leper because i coughed a bit near her. I wanted to tell her people have been coughing to clear their lungs for thousands of years prior to Covid 19 so stop being so dramatic, but instead i told her to get herself checked soon as there was a covid outbreak in my campsite, her face was a picture!

On 6/26/2023 at 3:00 PM, DeanoL said:

Just a quick heads up that I've returned home with what I thought was a stonking cold but turns out to be COVID. I'm fine, just flagging up for anyone concerned or with vulnerable/anti-vax friends/relatives!

2023 and people are still sticking things up their noses to find out if they can wear the covid badge of honour. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Chicken Bob said:

When people stop pointless testing thinking it somehow helps anyone. It doesn’t. Bizarre. 

Just the discussion about testing on here has already helped two people earlier today.  I've been feeling a bit dodgy since I got back, and was meeting two ex-colleagues earlier, one of whom has had his lungs massively damaged by COVID and the other went down with severe pneumonia (not COVID-related) last month and was in a critical condition for over a week.  I warned them that there was a possibility I could be positive, and they were very grateful for the heads-up and we agreed to sit outside and stay a long distance apart.

I'm one of the lucky ones who's never knowingly had COVID despite regular exposures to it, and regular testing because of my job. The point of measures like testing is to help make sure the vulnerable don't catch it from you.  I haven't been testing since the policy at my work changed, but I've got no problem with anyone doing so and I've been interested reading on here about other people's post-Glastonbury testing results.  I agree with what you no doubt believe, i.e. no matter what care I show towards these two ex-colleagues, they'll probably catch it somehow regardless if they want to live a normal life.  But testing doesn't hurt anyone, gives the infected the heads-up if they want to try and avoid spreading it and gives the vulnerable a heads-up in case they want to give the COVID positive a wide berth.  Being 'against' other people's personal decision to take a test is the truly bizarre position - one of those little 'potential nutter' markers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

33 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Still makes me chuckle that we still get really worked up about covid but couldn't give a monkey about spreading around the flu, colds and god knows what else.  Seriously, you feel awful but would have just cracked on if the test had been negative and spread around something else ? lol

As always, thanks to Barry for acting as an illustration for the type of nutter that an anti-testing sentiment is a flag for...  Barry was too busy frothing at the mouth to actually read what I'd written.  No Barry, I haven't taken a COVID test since Glastonbury, hence I wasn't acting on a test result, either positive or negative.  (Although, from my exposure/infection history I'm 99.99% certain that my current 'dodgy' feeling is the usual post-Glastonbury mixture of chronic sleep deprivation and post-alcohol effects.)  I only let these ex-colleagues know I'd possibly been exposed as a courtesy - same reasoning for why I'd always turn away and cover my face if I sneeze, and avoid coughing in people's faces, regardless of whether I think I've got the lurgy.  Or to rephrase the above in audience-appropriate language: my mum brought me up right - yours didn't.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Still makes me chuckle that we still get really worked up about covid but couldn't give a monkey about spreading around the flu, colds and god knows what else.  Seriously, you feel awful but would have just cracked on if the test had been negative and spread around something else ? lol

Yes, because it just feels like a nasty cold, and if I stopped going places any time I had a nasty cold, I'd never get anything done. But a nasty cold isn't going to cause problems for an elderly relative or friend in the same way COVID might. 

And beyond all that, I prefer to know what's wrong with me when I'm ill. That info is useful diagnostic data for future issues. So yeah, if I can find out at zero cost to the NHS then I will. Same reason I monitor my heart rate with my watch. Being well informed about your own own health can dramatically increase your lifespan, why do you think the royals live until their 90s on a regular basis? Amazing genetics?

But its something that doesn't get talked about because it's too expensive for the NHS to do. Giving everyone over 20 an annual bowel cancer screening would save a lot of lives, but we can't afford it. But you can pay for one. You probably should. But no-one tells you that because it flies in the face of the idea that death is random and cares not for money or status. It absolutely does, and the amount of massively well off people who don't even a spend a fraction of their income on regular health screenings baffles me. They'll tell you they're not religious and believe in science but then just go "wont bother with that, when my number is up it'll be my time".

But anyway, have a nice night!

³

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its kind of crazy people still think like this.  Flus and "nasty colds" kill people every day.  

The elderly almost certainly have better protection against covid than many of the other disease out there that mutate much faster.  Highly effective vaccine against a disease which hasn't mutated much to enable vaccine escape.  We cannot say the same for flu which still involves a yearly guessing game.  

Have a nice night.

Wouldn't go out with the flu either. I back myself to tell the difference between a cold and the flu. I don't back myself to tell the difference between a cold and COVID. Because as you say, the vaccine is so good. Flu feels worse than COVID at this point.

7 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Just the discussion about testing on here has already helped two people earlier today.  I've been feeling a bit dodgy since I got back, and was meeting two ex-colleagues earlier, one of whom has had his lungs massively damaged by COVID and the other went down with severe pneumonia (not COVID-related) last month and was in a critical condition for over a week.  I warned them that there was a possibility I could be positive, and they were very grateful for the heads-up and we agreed to sit outside and stay a long distance apart.

I'm one of the lucky ones who's never knowingly had COVID despite regular exposures to it, and regular testing because of my job. The point of measures like testing is to help make sure the vulnerable don't catch it from you.  I haven't been testing since the policy at my work changed, but I've got no problem with anyone doing so and I've been interested reading on here about other people's post-Glastonbury testing results.  I agree with what you no doubt believe, i.e. no matter what care I show towards these two ex-colleagues, they'll probably catch it somehow regardless if they want to live a normal life.  But testing doesn't hurt anyone, gives the infected the heads-up if they want to try and avoid spreading it and gives the vulnerable a heads-up in case they want to give the COVID positive a wide berth.  Being 'against' other people's personal decision to take a test is the truly bizarre position - one of those little 'potential nutter' markers.

What a load of bollocks. If you feel I’ll stay away from people. If you don’t then don’t. Don’t need a stupid black line on a plastic stick to make that decision.