Your top 3 acts from Glastonbury 2023

fat_man_joe

50 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

1. Elton John

2. Fred Again..

3. The Hives/Lana Del Rey

I know there are various considerations to take in to account, but i struggle to see how anyone couldn't rate Elton as the best of the weekend if you were in that field. That's the beuaty of music i suppose.

His voice wasnt great, I had no idea who his special guests were (barring Mr Killers), the Dua Lipa video was meh & some random bloke did his own tune in the middle of it.

But.. I had a great time & I am very glad I went to see him.

It just isnt a set I'll look back on as "WOW" in a few years time.

• Upvote 2

1 - US (Rabbit hole - Thursday) played in total 9 times across the weekend. We were lucky enough to see them 3 times after drunkenly stumbling across them on Wednesday night in the Rocket Lounge. Took me back to the early noughties garage rock scene (think KOL YYMH / Strokes ITI / White Stripes). Only a matter of time before this band explodes. 

2 - Rick Astley / Blossoms

3 - FBS (Greenpeace - Sunday)

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I thought his voice was pretty strong personally. At least for a dude in his seventies - and certainly nowhere near I'm Dill Danding levels.

It was miles better than Dill Danding. For his age it was ok, but that's it - for his age. 

Thing is, I dont want to critisise too much cos I had a great time. It's just part of what stopped it being my set of the weekend. It was very enjoyable though & Im glad I was there.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

His voice wasnt great, I had no idea who his special guests were (barring Mr Killers), the Dua Lipa video was meh & some random bloke did his own tune in the middle of it.

I must have been in a different field with 140,000 people 😉

8 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

Loads of people on page one saying Chvrches as a TV watcher. I enjoyed myself but I wonder what it was that made it look so special on tv! 

Just watched it back to check if they were really as good as I first thought - Yeah, they were! The best pop act of the last 10 years IMO. I feel like if it hadn't been for their mediocre 3rd album, they'd be playing much later on festival bills. Not headlining pyramid obviously  but maybe headlining Woodsies?

14 hours ago, PedroPete said:

1. Foo Fighters

2. Elton John

3. Empire State Bastard 

Special mentions to Manics and also The Magic Numbers & Friends set in Toad Hall

aw maaaaan, i really wanted to go to Empire State Bastard, how was it? a 1.30 stage time when i was up at 5.05 for a shift the next morning made it completely impossible! (very glad i caught em at Download this year, the pits were wild)

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

aw maaaaan, i really wanted to go to Empire State Bastard, how was it? a 1.30 stage time when i was up at 5.05 for a shift the next morning made it completely impossible! (very glad i caught em at Download this year, the pits were wild)

I also missed it as a 1:30am slot at The Truth Stage may as well have been a booking in Kathmandu with how hard it was to get there this year

Edited by JayDiesel

On 6/30/2023 at 12:23 PM, balti-pie said:

They were awesome! Strangely though, Shangri-la and Truth Stage wasn't anywhere near as busy as Thursday night was for Skindred. We walked straight in through the Unfairground and managed to get a good spot but stayed away from the front as the inevitable mosh broke out and we were in no state to take part in that!

• Upvote 1

1. Cat Stevens. Simply beautiful set. 

2. Pretenders. Cool guests, great songs and I had my best ever Glasto spec. 

3. Oranj Son. First Post stage in Green Fields on Wednesday night. Thought I would be the only one there (apart from my mate who I was arranging to meet there) and ended up watching from the field on the other side of the croissant neuf path, by the bandstand. Full of scousers! Just an acoustic set from the singer but those songs were great. 

On 6/29/2023 at 3:51 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Feel the same really. Good, but not great. I think he suffered from talking it up too much in advance. Expectations were sky high.

Conversely, Stevie Wonder in 2010 was the opposite. Loads of haters on here and elsewhere who only recalled his 1980’s+ output saying it was a shocking booking. I knew it would be stratospheric - especially with Faithless warming up - and I was right. In my top 3 gigs of all time. Some serious u-turns afterwards saying it was brilliant.

56 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Feel the same really. Good, but not great. I think he suffered from talking it up too much in advance. Expectations were sky high.

Conversely, Stevie Wonder in 2010 was the opposite. Loads of haters on here and elsewhere who only recalled his 1980’s+ output saying it was a shocking booking. I knew it would be stratospheric - especially with Faithless warming up - and I was right. In my top 3 gigs of all time. Some serious u-turns afterwards saying it was brilliant.

Stevie was amazing. (He was a lot younger mind)