The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

13 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Totally disagree.  Any hotter and if affects the enjoyment.  

Some lessons in negotiation are needed I feel.

If you are trying to sell something you don't offer it at the price you want it to be sold for do you? No, you start at a much higher rate and then meet somewhere in the middle.

Hence, Twist, too cold

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Aragorn said:

The latest Somerset precipitation ensembles until end of May are not showing a deluge of rain so will hopefully keep ground pretty dry as we start the run up. 

Screenshot_20240515_234538_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd have to dispute that info as it's currently absolutely biblical in my area of Somerset. Crazy downpours. Better to get them out of the way now, cos this would be catastrophic days before or during the festival 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd have to dispute that info as it's currently absolutely biblical in my area of Somerset. Crazy downpours. Better to get them out of the way now, cos this would be catastrophic days before or during the festival 

dry here... just down the road 🙂 

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Flash floods and thunderstorms here. Hopefully they miss the site 🤞🏼

there is heavy rain forecast for today but generally the run up is pretty good over the next few weeks 

Today the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting have released their first prediction for festival week.  This forecast is updated every day for weeks up to 6 weeks’ range.  Last year their prediction was spot on, above average temperatures with average rainfall (I got absolutely drenched on Wednesday morning last year).

For their first forecast 6 weeks ahead, they’re going for the same again: above average temperatures with average rainfall. The best we can hope for at this stage.

IMG_4335.thumb.jpeg.03b557505d579647b4892127b0b694be.jpeg

IMG_4336.thumb.jpeg.ac3f76fe7ebdf47dd6ba24f61e47f226.jpeg

Edited by Sheffield Steve
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Today the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting have released their first prediction for festival week.  This forecast is updated every day for weeks up to 6 weeks’ range.  Last year their prediction was spot on, above average temperatures with average rainfall (I got absolutely drenched on Wednesday morning last year).

For their first forecast 6 weeks ahead, they’re going for the same again: above average temperatures with average rainfall. The best we can hope for at this stage.

IMG_4335.thumb.jpeg.03b557505d579647b4892127b0b694be.jpeg

IMG_4336.thumb.jpeg.ac3f76fe7ebdf47dd6ba24f61e47f226.jpeg

Did it rain on the Wednesday morning last year? I have absolutely no recollection of any rain - what time and on site ? Where was I ?

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Did it rain on the Wednesday morning last year? I have absolutely no recollection of any rain - what time and on site ? Where was I ?

Oh yes, on the Wednesday set up...probably about 11am. It was a bit miserable for about 45 mins, but got the worst part out the way though! I remember struggling to put not only our own tent up in the rain, but help my mates who were first time campers...that was not fun. Soon brightened up though.

12 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Just as my tent was half setup … had you not gone up to the sign to watch site fill up ? Maybe rain didn’t get over there ? 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just as my tent was half setup … had you not gone up to the sign to watch site fill up ? Maybe rain didn’t get over there ? 

Yes I watched the site fill up as had got to bed around 1:30 am , back up around 3:30am to watch the sunrise at the stone circle and then off to the hill as the gates open. Wandered back to my tent for a power nap and to get dressed in something other than the clothes I went to bed in , so I am guessing I was snoozing in my tent 🙂 

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yes I watched the site fill up as had got to bed around 1:30 am , back up around 3:30am to watch the sunrise at the stone circle 

Watching a sunrise is on my glasto bucket list this year! I've been up around sunrise dancing and milling about or whatever...but I've never actually fully watched a proper sunrise. Gonna make the effort 

10 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

It did, about 10 mins after I had got off my coach at around 11am!

Was walking from PGA to Paines ground (met my mate at Arcadia) and had to take refuge under a tree in Silver Hayes and get my waterproofs out....wasn't a great start, however that was the last I saw of any rain all weekend! 🙂 

Was it really as early as 11 am, we were thankful all set up so just dived in someone’s big tent but I’m surprised we were all set up so early as I have a photo of me still in the queue at 9.40

5 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Was it really as early as 11 am, we were thankful all set up so just dived in someone’s big tent but I’m surprised we were all set up so early as I have a photo of me still in the queue at 9.40

Just looked at old texts....I met my mate next to Arcadia at 11.45am and it had just stopped raining around then.

I got off my coach about 11am and it started raining just as I got through the wristband exchange and was walking down towards Silver Hayes.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just looked at old texts....I met my mate next to Arcadia at 11.45am and it had just stopped raining around then.

I got off my coach about 11am and it started raining just as I got through the wristband exchange and was walking down towards Silver Hayes.

We'd just finished making breakfast outside and then had to eat inside as it rained from 12pm until 13.00 in the East Quiet... Just shows how big the site is when we all have different experiences 🤣

IMG-20230621-WA0023.jpg