List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I thought that was just a festival vibe full stop. I turned up for a day trip to Reading in 2011 as it's all I could afford at the time, and my friends who'd done the full weekend were looking far from fresh.

I live a different life now since discovering the joy of a pop up tent and solar shower. 

Fresh cold shower every morning and it's like everyday is my first day at the festival, hangover and dirt washed away together 

There is literally not one corner of this festival where you're not subjected to hearing shitey dance music 24/7 wether you want to or not. Had a panic attack earlier and had to go to a sensory relaxation tent with massive headphones. Even with them on, I could hear two stages blasting identical sh*t. Its driving me insane.

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

There is literally not one corner of this festival where you're not subjected to hearing shitey dance music 24/7 wether you want to or not. Had a panic attack earlier and had to go to a sensory relaxation tent with massive headphones. Even with them on, I could hear two stages blasting identical sh*t. Its driving me insane.

I'm not on site this year, but its been a frustration of mine for a while now, the amount of food stalls that have music blasting, surely there's enough music around the site that the stalls don't need to add to it, it all just mixes in together and sounds awful

1 hour ago, churlie100 said:

Agree completely…we were walking over to Woodsies earlier and my head was ringing and it felt like this incessant music was following me everywhere. Then I realised that a guy walking a few paces behind me had a Bluetooth speaker in his backpack!

I wish there were some more options around the site for a dance, but not to dance music!

14 hours ago, churlie100 said:

I mean if youre in worthy view its just the bass in the wee hours but its not bothersome.

There really isnt too much of a way to have true after hours bands and such though. Like Ive seen some random cool

stuff at the bandstand and things like that at 2am but its few and far between. When Silver Hayes had the Pussy Parlour there was proper bands til 4am and since it eas enclosed they could do that.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:16 AM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

What happened the green police they used to have that went round blowing whistles etc. at dickheads pissing in the bushes? 

Haven't seent them in a long time

I used to enjoy them kicking about, it was always fun watching them target people in a fun way when someone did something wrong.

18 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I live a different life now since discovering the joy of a pop up tent and solar shower. 

Fresh cold shower every morning and it's like everyday is my first day at the festival, hangover and dirt washed away together 

My thought on being clean at Glastonbury is you will notice the smelly people more.

Waking up on Monday morning to chairs, wigs, flags, rubbish and everything else left behind at the camp beside us.

I honestly can't understand the mentality to leave it behind without even making an attempt to tidy up after yourself. It made me feel really sad after a great weekend.

• Upvote 2

May be a controversial take but hate seeing young kids, even some babies that can’t be more than a few months old being carried or dragged around site, especially busy areas in glaring sun just so their parents can two step to some heavy drum and bass. Feels very selfish, the kids are mostly not enjoying it. Either find childcare or take a year off.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

So much coke around this year. Every single stage loads of the people around me were furtively sticking keys in little plastic bags of powder. I actually found it really gross. Don't get me wrong if people want to party then there is a place for that but it was all day, every day, every stage. 

Saw loads of people completely wasted as well. Not just a bit spangled, friendly and enjoying the music having a good time but stood like a zombie or needing to be carried by their mates at 7 in the evening unable to stand. 

I know there has always been drugs at glasto and I'm not necessarily against it in general but I think people need to calm down and tune back into the music, positivity and all the other wonderful things. 

• Upvote 1

1) far too many people

2) too much reliance on electronic music and blaring the same sh*t out of each dance tent or late night venue

3) south east corner poorly managed particularly on Saturday night. Shangri La being closed meant everyone got trapped in block 9 and the common - we could t get within 20 feet of rum shack and we went straight in after headliners.

4) Arcadia should be exit only on the walkway down from the park - ridiculous trying to get in/out the park field during peak evening Arcadia, after a headliner that sorta thing

5) needs to be a craft beer bar

other than that had a great time at my first 1 since 2016 through not getting tickets!

I know that nobody likes missing out on tickets, but I really think they should look at bringing the capacity down to at least the 200k mark. Everything everywhere always seems jammed. If we get a wet year where people want to get into the covered stages, and the footpaths get churned up it'll be chaos

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ket is a psychedelic - or, at least, can be in my experience. I mean, I can't have been seeing 'that which I saw' in real life, can I!? 

ok, psychedelics I approve of then.

Actually I don't really like being near people on any sort of drug that I am not on....so that needs to be the new rule.

• Upvote 1