No Row Mead this year.

Doug85

Wow!  Assume we still won't be able to make it through the crust at the back end of the field on that stage moving from Polachek -> Elton - will explore what that looks like over the weekend (assume they won't do anything actually helpful like widening the gap into the field)

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

f**k. That is last minute. Was just about to leave and was heading there. Been there for years I have. Sighs. Have to find another spot near those longdrops at the top then.

Very late decision made last night at the crew campsite security briefing. They even have all the bins set up as normal for camping but it's health and safety first apparently 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Very late decision made last night at the crew campsite security briefing. They even have all the bins set up as normal for camping but it's health and safety first apparently 

It's H&S over panicky bollocks if it's last minute I reckon. Do they ever plan properly in advance for G? I know it's a working farm but they've had years to nail this now. Always something last minute and always things never completely built or open on time. It'll just make Big Ground and Kidney Mead more crowded. The same amount of people will have to camp somewhere. (Beaten to it).

• Downvote 1

Just now, kalifire said:

Are we sure the sign/fence won’t be taken down before gates open? Perhaps it’s to put those on site beforehand off from camping there? 🤷‍♂️ 

I've just spoken to campsite crew. They are annoyed about it as all their regulars will need to move. They usually help people get a space it seems. They are going to open up on Friday morning as part of the pyramid arena. 

It seems a bit drastic to close the whole of Row Mead, I know they have moved it back before but not by much. I didnt think you could even see the Pyramid stage when you got a bit further back in Row Mead due to how the field slops back there, might be wrong though? I would also have though it would be more dangerous as that corner has always been a pinch point at the opening where the fence is, as people headed from Pyramid to Woodsies from the top of the Pyramid, at least people were only coming from the path or the area below. I would have thought it be even more of a pinch point if they can also come from Row Mead as well? There will be lots of people heading through that space at the same time from different directions, might be a bit unpleasant especially as they are clearly expecting such a huge crowd for Elton

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

It seems a bit drastic to close the whole of Row Mead, I know they have moved it back before but not by much. I didnt think you could even see the Pyramid stage when you got a bit further back in Row Mead due to how the field slops back there, might be wrong though? I would also have though it would be more dangerous as that corner has always been a pinch point at the opening where the fence is, as people headed from Pyramid to Woodsies from the top of the Pyramid, at least people were only coming from the path or the area below. I would have thought it be even more of a pinch point if they can also come from Row Mead as well? There will be lots of people heading through that space at the same time from different directions, might be a bit unpleasant especially as they are clearly expecting such a huge crowd for Elton

The sound up at there would be pointless too but apparently it's just due to health and safety concerns from last year. 

58 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Some of the decisions based on this year's map don't make sense to me with H&S though like the path from PGA where I would normally turn right and go down the hill as would most others, is now only as far as Pylon ground which is shut off for staff camping so everyone's just going to be bottle necked in and turning back/cutting across the field and going against the flow of traffic. Fine when it's quiet but seems mad to get rid of the logical path that was straight through.

Can agree with this one though if they're expecting big crowds for Elton.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Pretty sure this is where the guys with their ‘Pyramid Plaza’ (may have misremembered that name?) setup used to be when I first started going. A big open tent on the pathway with a living room setup and armchairs etc. Anyone else remember this?

Yes, remember it well, a cracking set up they had right next to the path overlooking the Pyramid stage, I always wondered how they managed to get the same spot year after year!

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Pretty sure this is where the guys with their ‘Pyramid Plaza’ (may have misremembered that name?) setup used to be when I first started going. A big open tent on the pathway with a living room setup and armchairs etc. Anyone else remember this?

I remember them, and a couple more either side with a similar arrangement but maybe fewer in recent years perhaps down to seemingly growing crowds in the field overspilling into that camping.