Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

58 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Timetables should be out on 14 May, give or take a few days either side.

really don't get why they don't align the timetable with the booking for Ciutat. I have to chose between Acts without knowing if I get to catch them on the main fest.

Additionally, booking Ciutat through Access App means I forfeit my ability to resell my ticket, if something happens on short notice.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

really don't get why they don't align the timetable with the booking for Ciutat. I have to chose between Acts without knowing if I get to catch them on the main fest.

Additionally, booking Ciutat through Access App means I forfeit my ability to resell my ticket, if something happens on short notice.

Don’t worry, you can buy Ciutat tickets and then change your mind on the app for a refund as long as 24 hours before.

Tomorrow a Barcelona festival held in November (Mira Festival), will announce the first batch of artists for this 2024 edition.  For sure there won't be any overlap in announcements between PS and this one. Pretty sure we won't hear anything new until after the price increase…

If you announce the timetable you also have to announce which acts have cancelled (assuming there are some). Counter intuitive to do this until the ticket prices go up. But yeah I agree with around May 14th hearing something.

14 hours ago, Gnarler said:

If you announce the timetable you also have to announce which acts have cancelled (assuming there are some). Counter intuitive to do this until the ticket prices go up. But yeah I agree with around May 14th hearing something.

But you could also announce replacements that could activate the last people that are in doubt about attending. The price increase is just anothe nod to buy as well, nobody in their right mind will pay that price. But I agree that the timetable will not be available until some time after the price increase.

As @xxialac rightly pointed out, one could just buy tickets for everything interesting in terms of ciutat and then cancel shortly before, but it feels unfair to block space for people who definitely want to attend a specific gig, when I just want to retain the option. Would be much cooler to just be able to see clashes before deciding

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

But you could also announce replacements that could activate the last people that are in doubt about attending. The price increase is just anothe nod to buy as well, nobody in their right mind will pay that price. But I agree that the timetable will not be available until some time after the price increase.

As @xxialac rightly pointed out, one could just buy tickets for everything interesting in terms of ciutat and then cancel shortly before, but it feels unfair to block space for people who definitely want to attend a specific gig, when I just want to retain the option. Would be much cooler to just be able to see clashes before deciding

I wouldnt sweat it. I doubt more than a handful of people will do this and as long as you cancel then you will still be freeing that space up for someone else to grab it.

Is would be far worse to reserve for a popular show like the National presumably and then not to turn up.

12 hours ago, katyaz said:

Is it too soon to discuss 2025 lineup rumours? 😂

Only one month until I arrive. Feels like this month has gone really fast. Plus the weather here is so miserable right now, I can't wait to be in BCN

A 17th attempt to get Massive Attack?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, katyaz said:

Is it too soon to discuss 2025 lineup rumours? 😂

Only one month until I arrive. Feels like this month has gone really fast. Plus the weather here is so miserable right now, I can't wait to be in BCN

I think Nick cave is out due to a barcelona date this autumn? 

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Totally agree! Unless the acts cancelling are big acts (e.g, FKA) that could be keeping some fence-sitters lean towards buying a ticket. Very curious who they'd hunt down to replace anyone high up on the lineup.

19 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Roskilde festival has the timetable out and it’s at the end of June lol 

Tbf many other festivals (Green Man, End of the Road) only give times when you get there. Others a few days before.

Primavera Sound is about middling.