Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Anyone catch any of Coachella thus far? I saw Deftones, Justice and Vampire Weekend and I'm even more excited for Thursday now. Justice set was epic.

Aside, but the crowd for Blur were embarrassing. 

Saw half of Justice, indeed great set.

And also a few songs from Lana Del Ray, seemed like a well produced pop show, maybe over-produced. Shame we wont get Jon Batiste with her

4 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Saw half of Justice, indeed great set.

And also a few songs from Lana Del Ray, seemed like a well produced pop show, maybe over-produced. Shame we wont get Jon Batiste with her

I turned LDR off, was a bit meh for me. Maybe that's her live schtick but it just felt a bit one dimensional and lacked something (heart maybe?)

1 hour ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I turned LDR off, was a bit meh for me. Maybe that's her live schtick but it just felt a bit one dimensional and lacked something (heart maybe?)

yeah, lack of heart is exactly what I meant by over-produced. 

again, watched only a few songs so maybe I'm judging her too much, but aside from Candy necklace with Jon Batiste it just felt too engineered

4 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Anyone catch any of Coachella thus far? I saw Deftones, Justice and Vampire Weekend and I'm even more excited for Thursday now. Justice set was epic.

Aside, but the crowd for Blur were embarrassing. 

I really liked Justice and Vampire Weekend's sets. Especially Vampire Weekend is very different from their last tour with new members. They started to jam much more which is a lot better. I am planning to attend Thursday solo but I am waiting for set times to figure out the logistics.

Justice and deftones looked in good shape for sure. I only caught a few glimpses of LDR and I liked the more atmospheric songs to be in the setlist. However I can’t express any judgement about her live presence. I enjoyed the last caretaker song lol. 

peggy gou was a generic bad dj set. It’s a skip for me 

1 hour ago, diancieprince said:

Expect updated line up (ins and outs or P&B electronic line up… no boiler room i think) this week. 

Less than 35 days to know literally everything including timetables and map 

And reservations for La Ciutat Shows

24 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I mean, the only thing we are expecting really before May is the new stage announcement thing and maybe a refreshed poster. Everything else we know will come May onwards. Even the stage announcement might be announced in May.

Yeah definitely…

Two last weeks of april: new stage announcement + refreshed poster 

First or second week of may: Reservations for la ciutat shows

Third week of may: boiler room + timetables (as it always has been) 

Edited by diancieprince

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Blur played Girls and Boys at Coachella and was apparent the crowd had never heard it before. Times are changing...

According to the Shakey Knees Festival's owner, Blur rejected to headline Shakey Knees in Atlanta which would've been much better crowd for them. It is sad that their only concert in USA will probably be Coachella unless they will announce something else.  

10 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

According to the Shakey Knees Festival's owner, Blur rejected to headline Shakey Knees in Atlanta which would've been much better crowd for them. It is sad that their only concert in USA will probably be Coachella unless they will announce something else.  

Pardon my ignorance but who the f!@# is Noah Kahan and how could he possibly be billed above Arcade Fire or Interpol?!?

1 minute ago, Etaish said:

Pardon my ignorance but who the f!@# is Noah Kahan and how could he possibly be billed above Arcade Fire or Interpol?!?

Noah Kahan is a new indie/folk singer. He is getting very high streaming numbers in USA and getting big over UK too actually. He just performed in OVO Arena Wembley for two nights.

https://x.com/BanquetRecords/status/1755277393311240302

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we get a couple of ins and outs this week. Hope so. Feels like an eternity since the announcement.

Hope so too it’s getting a bit unserious that since November they don’t have touched the lineup even though we already know there is a big bunch of electronic acts to come and at least one replacement (space afrika out) 

By this date last year we already had que full P&B acts and the refreshed lineup with the ins and outs… 

• Upvote 2