Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I only meant in terms of taste (not size) and including the excellent subs. 

Ok, fair enough. I vastly prefer Primavera's lineup. Over any lineup this year, actually. Every time I look back at the lineup I forgot how good it was. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I only meant in terms of taste (not size) and including the excellent subs. 

Exactly, I think Grace Jones' repertoire is much better than SZA's, I don't care much about Spotify listeners when I have to go to a concert

1 minute ago, Fabrizzo said:

Exactly, I think Grace Jones' repertoire is much better than SZA's, I don't care much about Spotify listeners when I have to go to a concert

Me too, I love her music. But she's not very good live nowadays, sadly. I saw her some years ago and it was a bit embarrassing. Love SZA's music too, mind. SOS was my most listened to album last year, apparently. 

Edited by matrainertje

22 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Me too, I love her music. But she's not very good live nowadays, sadly. I saw her some years ago and it was a bit embarrassing. Love SZA's music too, mind. SOS was my most listened to album last year, apparently. 

reviews and footage from her tour last year was very good. Seems she has upped her live game.

31 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Grace Jones was absolutely brilliant in 2017 at Primavera. Insanely charismatic performer and one of the best I've ever seen. Haven't seen her since admittedly but hard to understand how her live show has deteriorated to the point of embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

Primavera headliners are stronger imo. I am confident our perception of the line up will consistently shift after Fka twigs, charli xcx and possibly vampire weekend new albums are out. I am not optimistic about justice though. The singles are just.. fine for such a hyped comeback with all these high profile festival appearances? 

40 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Primavera headliners are stronger imo. I am confident our perception of the line up will consistently shift after Fka twigs, charli xcx and possibly vampire weekend new albums are out.

Fka twigs will be out indeed…oh, you wrote album.

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Fka twigs will be out indeed…oh, you wrote album.

I don’t know what credit to give on this but new  single-artist advert started poppin out on my social media feed and twigs is among those. That’s not what I would do if I knew about her dropping out 

Edited by Whos3000_

On 3/27/2024 at 10:59 AM, scatteredscreens said:

I mean, it's definitely not weaker headliners if you look at it objectively. Lana and SZA are much bigger than any of those headliners. 

Yeah, whatever you think of the acts personally, Bilbao BBKs Headline is one of the objectively weakest they had in years.

Underworld and the Prodigy are headline acts you book if you can't find other headline acts, Grace Jones ist very cool but veery niche and Jungle will have to prove they are ready for the step up to headline level. Arcade Fire, whilst supposedly still a great live act, haven't released anything that was really well received in 10 years and their status has suffered from half-empty venues on tour, will leaving and wins controversy. Apart from Massive Attack there is no band that would be an out-of-the-question headline act.
And while you can question Pulps Status as Major-Fest Headliner, most of the headline level bands at PS this year woud be headline level almost anywhere.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah, whatever you think of the acts personally, Bilbao BBKs Headline is one of the objectively weakest they had in years.

Underworld and the Prodigy are headline acts you book if you can't find other headline acts, Grace Jones ist very cool but veery niche and Jungle will have to prove they are ready for the step up to headline level. Arcade Fire, whilst supposedly still a great live act, haven't released anything that was really well received in 10 years and their status has suffered from half-empty venues on tour, will leaving and wins controversy. Apart from Massive Attack there is no band that would be an out-of-the-question headline act.
And while you can question Pulps Status as Major-Fest Headliner, most of the headline level bands at PS this year woud be headline level almost anywhere.

If you look back on the thread, no one has written that Bilbao BBK has big (or bigger than Primavera) headliners, just that they prefer them.

38 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Tbf in the past they've had headliners like The Killers and Florence and the Machine. You could say these are bigger but personally I have no interest in that. I much prefer this year's headliners so it depends on what weak means to you. I wouldn't say it's objective.

Hopefully, there will be some news/updates from Primavera soon: More details of the Ciutat-concerts (who plays where?), some facts about the strongly-rumoured the national-concert on wednesday, maybe a few more confirmations (or cancellations)...

Primavera have been so quiet for a long time… by this date last year we already had the new order announcement and a updated lineup with a few ins and outs for both the main festival and ciutat. 

They already have to announce the new electronic stage line-up, the boiler room line-up, maybe some replacements and the whole schedule  in less than seven weeks… 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Primavera have been so quiet for a long time… by this date last year we already had the new order announcement and a updated lineup with a few ins and outs for both the main festival and ciutat. 

They already have to announce the new electronic stage line-up, the boiler room line-up, maybe some replacements and the whole schedule  in less than seven weeks… 

the set schedules should be released in about 6 weeks. map and stages usually a few days before. 

so I guess sometime this month we'll get the electronic lineup and the cancellations and replacements 

I can't believe it's next month!!

So who is out at this point? One of the guys in Sandwell District passed away earlier this year so I'm not sure they will still play but there are two others in the group. Twigs has already been spoken about many times...

Did I read that Razz will not host any Ciutat gigs? I see there is already another show on May 28... Razz is very close to where I am staying so I'm just being lazy here

2 minutes ago, katyaz said:

So who is out at this point? One of the guys in Sandwell District passed away earlier this year so I'm not sure they will still play but there are two others in the group. Twigs has already been spoken about many times...

Did I read that Razz will not host any Ciutat gigs? I see there is already another show on May 28... Razz is very close to where I am staying so I'm just being lazy here

Razz is still in.

20 minutes ago, katyaz said:

Space afrika and rainy miller officially out

IMG_6475.jpeg