Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

57 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

God that would be a terrible replacement for the artist of all the line up you bill as an exclusive 

Personally I don’t care whether someone is exclusive, remotely as much as whether they are good! 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Personally I don’t care whether someone is exclusive, remotely as much as whether they are good! 

I agree but on the one hand we have someone coming with the follow-up to one of the most celebrated releases of the last 5-7 yrs while on the other an artist just doing ok things who just played last year 

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

I agree but on the one hand we have someone coming with the follow-up to one of the most celebrated releases of the last 5-7 yrs while on the other an artist just doing ok things who just played last year 

Mark my words, her new album is going to be way more than just ok, a return to form and released in time for the festival. She's stepped away from working with Jack Antonoff and new single is a banger.

5 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Nice depth to it, but what were they thinking booking John Maus? Explosions in the Sky is a great booking, they seem to be only doing this and  Arctangent so far

Explosions in the Sky are doing other shows. Ypsirock in Italy, for example, but also headlining shows.

Nick cave first headliner 2025? Don’t wanna hear anyone saying he’s going to be added since it won’t happen. 

however, I feel like they would benefit from announcing someone big as an additional headliner. I wonder how sales are going for Thursday and Saturday. 
maybe it’s just my taste but thinking we had nick cave and depeche mode these last 2 years makes me less excited about Lana del Rey and sza 

Edited by Whos3000_

On 3/5/2024 at 11:42 AM, frankburns said:

Some more day-tickets for Friday will be available on Thursday:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=956614735822870&set=a.275605443923806

i've seen some people speculate that this might mean sales for thursday/saturday/3-day-passes might be going so poorly, the festival decided to shift additional tickets to friday. Not sure if that logic holds up. 

On another note: last year, New Order were announced on March 7th. So...😉

reckon sales are still probably better than 2023 so expecting no New Order sized addition. The fact they've sold out day tickets for one of the days is already better than 2023. 

I reckon mid March we'll get a small number of names but nothing big. Maybe even just the announcement of the new electronic stage. Also reckon we might hear more about FKA twigs too..

18 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

reckon sales are still probably better than 2023 so expecting no New Order sized addition. The fact they've sold out day tickets for one of the days is already better than 2023. 

I reckon mid March we'll get a small number of names but nothing big. Maybe even just the announcement of the new electronic stage. Also reckon we might hear more about FKA twigs too..

If Kendrick Lamar and Depeche Mode did not sell out a day last year neither SZA will. And I don't expect those thursday sales  to be pushed by Pulp and Vampire Weekend more than by Blur

10 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

If Kendrick Lamar and Depeche Mode did not sell out a day last year neither SZA will. And I don't expect those thursday sales  to be pushed by Pulp and Vampire Weekend more than by Blur

I don't disagree, but the Lana day has sold out so much so that they're balancing weekend ticket demand to allow for more day tickets to be sold, it's an impressive booking.

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

I don't disagree, but the Lana day has sold out so much so that they're balancing weekend ticket demand to allow for more day tickets to be sold, it's an impressive booking.

Agree. And this choice would, in turn, imply that Thursday and Saturday capacity will be lower (less 3-days passes).

I'm going to my first Primavera Sound this year and I really want to go to the opening night with Phoenix and the brunch on sunday. I am reading stuff about a reservation system, but I can't find whether that has already started or not? Is it hard to get access?

And are there more names coming? If so, are we expecting big names? 

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

I saw Sleaford Mods play the Rayban tent (not the Rayban stage) to about 30 people in 2015.

Was pretty intense in a good way - they just aren't suited to a big stage.

I imagine they'll headline the Far Out stage which will be more apt for their performance and not the main stage

22 minutes ago, Etaish said:

I imagine they'll headline the Far Out stage which will be more apt for their performance and not the main stage

Was thinking about the time they played EOTR where they did headline the main stage and had assumed would be the same.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Was thinking about the time they played EOTR where they did headline the main stage and had assumed would be the same.

Got it. Hope you're wrong. I also saw them in that show back in 2015 and really enjoyed the roughness of it. I assume they've refined their stage antics since so a bigger stage might not ruin the experience though GM's main stage is definitely too big for them..

42 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

I'm going to my first Primavera Sound this year and I really want to go to the opening night with Phoenix and the brunch on sunday. I am reading stuff about a reservation system, but I can't find whether that has already started or not? Is it hard to get access?

The reservations haven't started yet, I guess at the beginning of May?

Last year, there was no problem to get a reservation for almost anything, even a couple of days after the reservations had started (maybe except for Darkside in a very small venue).

So just follow their socials and I'm confident you'll be able to get anywhere.*

* This statement doen't apply to the mysteroius Wednesday booking yet to be revealed.

4 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

How is that possibile? They must have a capacity threshold for Friday 

Just now, Whos3000_ said:

How is that possibile? They must have a capacity threshold for Friday 

Because some of the capacity threshold will be based on people attending with weekend tickets, so they're clearly downgrading the expected weekend tickets in order to offer more threshold to the day ticket holders I assume.

3 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Because some of the capacity threshold will be based on people attending with weekend tickets, so they're clearly downgrading the expected weekend tickets in order to offer more threshold to the day ticket holders I assume.

less weekend-goers is a worse vibe but that's good for who owns a weekend ticket (no cue at the bar)