Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

You can say people don't care about it but in 2022 it was ABSOLUTELY RAMMED.

I was there, it was because of the double weekend imo. Last year a friend or mine could get in for unwound, gilla and Yves without any problem. In 2022 it would have been a 3 h cue 

Edited by Whos3000_

5 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I was there, it was because of the double weekend imo. Last year a friend or mine could get in for unwound, gilla and Yves without any problem. In 2022 it would have been a 3 h cue 

I agree but you don't have 3 hour queues without some interest in the Ciutat concept.

Julia Holter was alright last year - she's is a bit of a subdued performer these days for my tastes.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:24 AM, chilirocker said:

The first American lineup to do something right, exciting to see Joanna Newsom and Courtney Barnett back  

image.thumb.png.e8c230800314342cdd0310d29c591891.png

Amazing lineup, both in terms of headliners and smaller names, everything is very well curated. And I checked the price and it's the same price as Primavera, so it's a very good lineup for the price. Only problem that I would have is that the biggest artists are all very indie and guitar music, I think that Primavera has a bit more variety for my taste, but overall, this and Primavera are the best lineups of the year so far. 

• Upvote 1

bit of a off-topic but I just feel like I want to get in the mood. 

favourite 5 moments from these last years of the "new"/bigger primavera, anyone (let's say 2018/2019-now)? Something that stood the test of time for you.

I'll start: 
- Pavement 2022, after waiting for 3 years

- Nick Cave 2018 (maybe the loverman bit)

- Unwound 2023, because it was amazing from start to finish

- Rosalia 2023 maybe? Definitely felt like a victory lap as well as a set she cared about

- Low 2022, sunset set: we know why

33 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

favourite 5 moments from these last years of the "new"/bigger primavera, anyone (let's say 2018/2019-now)? Something that stood the test of time for you.

I'll start: 

- Rosalia 2023 maybe? Definitely felt like a victory lap as well as a set she cared about

Jane Birkin 2018

New Order 2023

Jeff Mills 2022

Special Interest 2022

Darkside (Cituat) 2023

• Like 1

12 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Amazing lineup, both in terms of headliners and smaller names, everything is very well curated. And I checked the price and it's the same price as Primavera, so it's a very good lineup for the price. Only problem that I would have is that the biggest artists are all very indie and guitar music, I think that Primavera has a bit more variety for my taste, but overall, this and Primavera are the best lineups of the year so far. 

I was tempted enough to check flight prices.

Then I wasn't so tempted 🙂

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

I'll start: 

Not easy to pick 5 but here we go. 

• Tyler the Creator W1 2022 - Amazing 1 man performance and great setlist from start to finish.
  • Idles 2022 - They seemed to really enjoy performing, gave so much energy and the crowd was brilliant.
  • Nas 2019 - Maybe I can pick some better PS performances but seeing my favourite childhood rapper at a stage as small (relative to his stature) as the RayBan was special for me. 
  • New Order 2023 - In their old age I didn’t expect much and it blew me away. Favourite set of 2023.
  • The Smile 2022 - Goosebumps. Sound was incredible and my first time seeing Thom and Johnny perform.

9 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

I'll start: 

On the non-headliner (Mordor) side:

- Hannah Diamond W1 2022

- Rigoberta Bandini W2 2022

- Darkside Ciudad 2023

- Ascendant Vierge 2023

- Self Esteem 2023

Aside from Darkside, these are names I wasn't very familiar with, but end up having an amazing time. I love Primavera so much for this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluenova said:

I was tempted enough to check flight prices.

Then I wasn't so tempted 🙂

It's even pricy to take a flight to Utah even if you are in the USA during that week. Domestic flights in USA are very expensive. You can still see all of the headliners and most of the undercard in Europe if you go to Primavera and MEO Kalorama. 

Resim

10 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Beach House 2018 - magical

Janelle Monáe 2019 - epic

L'Imperatrice 2022 - absolute perfection

Blur 2023 - a dream come true

Kyara Pamyu Pamyu 2023 - insane

12 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

I'll start: 

Rosalía 2023 (and 2019 tbh)

DJ Koze 2018

Slowdive 2022

Lorde 2018

Janelle Monáe 2019