Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

30 minutes ago, Granny-Smith said:

Find this predictions at Reddit Primavera Forum. 
Sounds realistic

IMG_3043.jpeg

This feels like it could be right. For me, not a lot to make me move for a ticket so here's hoping for a strong undercard. I missed the last edition due to personal circumstances, so I'm hoping it won't be two in a row. 

Fwiw-- there's some good stuff on there but I'm not huge into the Cure, I've seen Pulp and PJ Harvey, Mitski, Future Islands, Danny Brown... 

Im sure it'd be a good weekend nonetheless. But I guess I haven't seen many festival line ups in the last year or two that made me think, "I have to go there."

Hopefully PS will surprise me. 

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The Cure have 0 evidence of being active and one their band members has just announced they are seriously ill and arent going to be the Mexico and SA shows

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if The Cure do a couple of shows next summer, but I don't think they will do much if they aren't announced for PS. Of all the European Festivals I reckon they are most likely to play PS just because of the South America connection. Even more so if the headliner pool seems low this year - a European exclusive wouldn't surprise me at all.

As a big Cure fan I don't think Roger O'Donnell's illness will make much difference to if they are booked/playing or not. It's a shame he's ill but they seem happy with his techie playing instead & Roger has left the band on many occasions in the past.

Let's see tomorrow. I wouldn't say they are likely but I wouldn't be shocked.

Edited by beau1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, beau1 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if The Cure do a couple of shows next summer, but I don't think they will do much if they aren't announced for PS. Of all the European Festivals I reckon they are most likely to play PS just because of the South America connection. Even more so if the headliner pool seems low this year - a European exclusive wouldn't surprise me at all.

As a big Cure fan I don't think Roger O'Donnell's illness will make much difference to if they are booked/playing or not. It's a shame he's ill but they seem happy with his techie playing instead & Roger has left the band on many occasions in the past.

Let's see tomorrow. I wouldn't say they are likely but I wouldn't be shocked.

I would love them but I can't see it. 

They've toured a lot the last two years. One of the most rigorous EU tours I've seen.

45 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

This feels like it could be right. For me, not a lot to make me move for a ticket so here's hoping for a strong undercard. I missed the last edition due to personal circumstances, so I'm hoping it won't be two in a row. 

Fwiw-- there's some good stuff on there but I'm not huge into the Cure, I've seen Pulp and PJ Harvey, Mitski, Future Islands, Danny Brown... 

Im sure it'd be a good weekend nonetheless. But I guess I haven't seen many festival line ups in the last year or two that made me think, "I have to go there."

Hopefully PS will surprise me. 

in terms of money 
Bad bunny > kendrick 

The cure= depeche mode 

Lana del Rey = Rosalia 

national+ pulp = blur 

massive attack > new order 

kylie minogue = Halsey? 

It might… work?
usually we tend to predict too much stuff though  

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I mean for all we know we could get Pear Jam, they are announcing EU dates soon. Or they got Alanis Morissette. Or even Neil Young. Maybe they went for SOAD. But none of these have any indicatiom for touring in Europe in June and neither do the Strokes

You know you’ve called them Pear Jam twice now?

21 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Also on the South American connection, can you name me any act from here that went onto to headline PS2023.

Primavera Sound Debuts in Latin America with Arctic Monkeys, Jack White,  Björk, and Travis Scott

Mostly agree. Maybe not large headliners but Pet Shop Boys & Bad Religion are playing both PS Europe & PS SA this year. 

Like I said, it's not likely but wouldn't be surprised.

15 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

in terms of money 
Bad bunny > kendrick 

The cure= depeche mode 

Lana del Rey = Rosalia 

national+ pulp = blur 

kylie minogue = Halsey? 

It might… work?

The thing is that if The Cure don’t come it might work. Plus I bet Calvin Harris, Maneskin and Skrillex must’ve cost a lot of money. 

7 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Did the 2023 poster leak?

No, not that I remember. But also for the 2023 we guessed a lot of artists. I remember it was clear even weeks before the announcement that Blur, Rosalia and Kendrick would headline. I remember that people even predicted Maneskin and someone even guessed Halsey. This year we have literally nothing besides some rumours Lana. 

41 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

in terms of money 
Bad bunny > kendrick 

The cure= depeche mode 

Lana del Rey = Rosalia 

national+ pulp = blur 

kylie minogue = Halsey? 

It might… work?

The Cure would be a fair bit cheaper than Depeche imo. The Cure fairly regularly do the festival circuit and their tickets for their own shows are cheaper than Depeche.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Someone else on Reddit that has inside sources is guaranteeing that Lana is coming also. The person only guarantees Lana for now. I swear the god I’m gonna be pissed if it’s all a lie, but I guess for now we can consider her now as the only strong rumoured headliner name. 

Lana not shocking at this point yeah, especially as a name rebooked from 2020.

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

No, not that I remember. But also for the 2023 we guessed a lot of artists. I remember it was clear even weeks before the announcement that Blur, Rosalia and Kendrick would headline. I remember that people even predicted Maneskin and someone even guessed Halsey. This year we have literally nothing besides some rumours Lana. 

I don’t see that much difference at this point. So we had some successful guesses and predictions last time. But we don’t know yet whether our guesses and predictions this time will also play out correctly!

Some last-minute predictions: Sleater-Kinney, Torres, Mitski, Wilco, Cardi B (supposedly a new album brewing and cancelled in 2019) Vampire Weekend (supposedly a new album), Vagabon, Janelle Monae, Mannequin Pussy, Flo Milli, The Drums, Local Natives, Waxahatchee, Amaarea, Ratboys. 

And maybe some metal-wishes Blackbraid, Deafheaven, Agriculture, Tomb Mold, Infant Island.