Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

13 hours ago, Andrej said:

Saw Lana many times and its super mixed, all over the place. Some early shows way back 10 years ago fall among the worst shows I have ever seen, just awful and border line embarrassing.

On the other hand, some of her shows I saw in the past 6 months are among the best shows I ever saw.

She just aint a natural live performer, she's not a fan of it, but when she has a good day and is into it, its absolutely brilliant.

I only saw her once, and she was amazing

13 hours ago, Andrej said:

Saw Lana many times and its super mixed, all over the place. Some early shows way back 10 years ago fall among the worst shows I have ever seen, just awful and border line embarrassing.

On the other hand, some of her shows I saw in the past 6 months are among the best shows I ever saw.

She just aint a natural live performer, she's not a fan of it, but when she has a good day and is into it, its absolutely brilliant.

Yeah and unfortunately I caught her at glasto this year when she was in her can't be bothered moods. It ruined the evening, especially coming from Rina's set who absolutely nailed it. I can appreciate she can be a good performer sometimes but I want reliability if I'm seeing a big name act a festival.

I cracked. Got caught up in the rumours of this thread and the hype from the announcement of the line-up announcement. Ticket bought for next year after telling myself I'd wait until after I've seen the line up. Continuing my Primavera run since 2010.

Also... I hope Kylie is there. Was at Glastonbury in 2005 when she was supposed to headline. Saw her emotional and thoroughly entertaining legends slot there in 2019. Definitely worthy of being on the Primavera line-up if she is on there and a must-see for me personally.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ildavo said:

I cracked. Got caught up in the rumours of this thread and the hype from the announcement of the line-up announcement. Ticket bought for next year after telling myself I'd wait until after I've seen the line up. Continuing my Primavera run since 2010.

Also... I hope Kylie is there. Was at Glastonbury in 2005 when she was supposed to headline. Saw her emotional and thoroughly entertaining legends slot there in 2019. Definitely worthy of being on the Primavera line-up if she is on there and a must-see for me personally.

Nice. For me it will be the eleventh time since the first in 2010, only missed 2013. Have my ticket since the first day they were available, can’t wait for Tuesday (also I would love to see Kylie, would be a first)

On 11/17/2023 at 3:26 PM, YunT said:

American Football

Bikini Kill

Camera Obscura

Mitski

Death Cab For Cutie

Lana del Rey

All of them will be in the lineup on Tuesday. Neither SZA nor Travis Scott, from what I've been told. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f2204c05e841fc02be6fbc2dbac0f877.jpegGabi every year deciding which acts to leak to YunT so the people here are excited enough but the poster still bears surprises

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Was hoping for a bit more action / leaks today, but guess I'll need to be patient a bit longer.

Any nice ideas for the smaller spots? Hope to see bdrmm as I missed their Amsterdam gig and hope to see Maruja again, who were absolutely awesome last month.

Very slow day indeed. Less than 3 days left for the lineup and we still have no idea who’s really coming besides some guy that says that he knows that Lana and Co. are coming. I think last year we even knew that there would be a big pop star, edm acts and that Blur, Kendrick and Rosalia would be the headliners. I guess this year it’s harder because most of the other festivals in Europe haven’t announced yet. Still weird that we cannot agree on basic things like PJ Harvey, Pulp and The National. 

2 minutes ago, Bergotas said:

I was thinking to see if in the end, the fan sale will be for some big K-pop group like Blackpink or similar (hope not)

I think the fan sale is just so the tickets seem more “exclusive” and I can bet the 265 euros will be sold out during that sale (and they’re probably not selling much of those because they’re greedy). But yeah, I don’t think the fan sale is because of one specific act tbh.

Also, the K-pop act that makes the most sense this year at Primavera would be NewJeans - they’re newcomers but are getting huge and they are being acclaimed left and right by pitchfork and other publications. 

Edited by diogozsz

42 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

I think the fan sale is just so the tickets seem more “exclusive” and I can bet the 265 euros will be sold out during that sale (and they’re probably not selling much of those because they’re greedy). But yeah, I don’t think the fan sale is because of one specific act tbh.

Also, the K-pop act that makes the most sense this year at Primavera would be NewJeans - they’re newcomers but are getting huge and they are being acclaimed left and right by pitchfork and other publications. 

I mean if the lineup is really that good as the people that already have seen it claim, it makes sense that they will make a “special” sale just to create hype, I also believe that batch might be sold out. 

8 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

I mean if the lineup is really that good as the people that already have seen it claim, it makes sense that they will make a “special” sale just to create hype, I also believe that batch might be sold out. 

Its quite established by now unfourtunately. Ticketmaster does it all the time too. It simulates scarcity so people who‘d not buy under other conditions feel the need to buy tickets for fear of them selling out. 

2 hours ago, Createur said:

Why so negative?

You can buy a ticket (limited admittedly) after knowing the line-up for a 20% discount compared to this year (265 € vs. 325 €). 

Only two more sleeps. 🥰

I agree being transparent about prices is a fair thing, but 325€ is more of a threat than it is a price. And while incentives to buy early are perfectly fine, the newer trend of halting sales and offering small time-windows at which to buy at a reduced price (or more like the actually calculated average price), is designed to build additional pressure. 

After all, not everyone is as well informed as people on here, who know that in the worst case, you‘d always be able to buy tix second hand shortly before the fest