Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

"All songs written, produced and performed by Jason Lytle"

not sure what it means, I see it written on other of their albums on bandcamp as well (and he did have solo albums in his name in the past, so what's the difference now?) I think it was always mostly him on Grandaddy.

in any case, new single sounds great and very Grandaddy, I'd be happy to have them on the lineup in any format

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

not sure what it means, I see it written on other of their albums on bandcamp as well (and he did have solo albums in his name in the past, so what's the difference now?) I think it was always mostly him on Grandaddy.

in any case, new single sounds great and very Grandaddy, I'd be happy to have them on the lineup in any format

Yes, agree with all of that!

8 hours ago, YunT said:

Any reason or reliable source to think so? 

If they were in a Last Tour festival I imagine they would schedule them for Azkena Rock before BBK. 

Anyway, they do seem to be ruled out for the PS.

I wouldnt rule them out 100%. they were the very first name on the 2007 poster, and PS organisers were much bigger edgelords then, and that form of the pumpkins was a disgrace to its former and current one.

and if calvin harris and skrillex could play, nothing can surprise me

Edited by csopcsop

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Apparently Foo Fighters are going to be announced at festivals around Europe in the following weeks. Is there any chance they could come? I know it doesn't like something PS would have, but after Calvin Harris and Halsey everything is possible. Plus their new album was critically acclaimed and had a more alternative style. 

Seems more a Mad Cool or BBK booking to me, but as you say Calvin Harris...

I do think they will have taken onboard that Harris didn't go down that well with the core audience, and won't lean further into the type of bookings normally associated with less well/more mainstream curated festivals.

Edited by BA_Barrabus

10 hours ago, YunT said:

Any reason or reliable source to think so? 

If they were in a Last Tour festival I imagine they would schedule them for Azkena Rock before BBK. 

Anyway, they do seem to be ruled out for the PS.

I think that SP won't play Mad Cool (they played there in their last European festivals tour in 2019).

I am pretty sure that they are booked by LT this year and Azkena budget is not so high (now they are booking cheaper headlining artists as Rancid, Patty Smith or Iggy Pop). Also I think that Smashing Pumpkins prefer to play mainstream festivals instead of 100% rock/punk/garage festivals.

• Like 1

You guys are focusing too much on Calvin Harris.

They had to book for a wider demographic this year because they wanted to establish a new festival. Loved Primavera bands played to a huge crowd in Barcelona but played to a tiny/humiliating crowd in Madrid. Tickets for Madrid were sold because of the mainstream acts. They knew this beforehand. But after all, those acts brought not enough people in.

And if Calvin Harris et al were target #1 for their respective slot on the line-up is not known.

Maybe you should calm down and wait for the 2024 poster.

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Apparently Foo Fighters are going to be announced at festivals around Europe in the following weeks. Is there any chance they could come? I know it doesn't like something PS would have, but after Calvin Harris and Halsey everything is possible. Plus their new album was critically acclaimed and had a more alternative style. 

Zero chance.

(Sees Kaiser Chiefs are now touring next Spring and draws a deep breath).