Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

as far as I understand they will announce only one act, which ist gonna be their "biggest name to date" as voted by their audience. That indicated a name they had before and as they just released EU Tourdates, my money is on Idles (which I think would be too soon to return to PS)

Maybe LCD Soundsystem? Wishful thinking

5 hours ago, nicolaspepsi said:

If they put Depeche Mode this year, its posible to book another big band for the next one. And DM Is way bigger in convocatory than LCD in my opinion.

The conversation was about booking LCD for a different festival that seemingly announces today.

Edited by xxialac
  • Thanks 1

All rumours combined, this would be it this year then?

DAY 1:

Talking Heads - Aphex Twin - Tyler The Creator

Mitski - Ahnohni - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - The Walkmen - Explosions In The Sky - Faye Webster - Vera Sola - The Big Moon - Maruja - Empire State Bastard - ...

DAY 2:

The Cure -  Olivia Rodrigo - Justice 

Tom Waits - Jessie Ware - Modest Mouse - Ty Segall - 2manyDJS - Slowdive - The Hives - SBTRKT - Grian Chatten - Frankie & The Witch Fingers - Paranoull - Warmduscher - ...

DAY 3:

Billie Eilish - Pulp - Paramore

Devo - James Blake - Boygenius - Mr. Bungle - Deerhoof - Romy - Killer Mike - Jon Hopkins - Angel Olsen - Temples - Bob Vylan - Umru - Lambrini Girls - Soft Plat - High Vis - Bethany Cosentino - ...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

All rumours combined, this would be it this year then?

DAY 1:

Talking Heads - Aphex Twin - Tyler The Creator

Mitski - Ahnohni - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - The Walkmen - Explosions In The Sky - Faye Webster - Vera Sola - The Big Moon - Maruja - Empire State Bastard - ...

DAY 2:

The Cure -  Olivia Rodrigo - Justice 

Tom Waits - Jessie Ware - Modest Mouse - Ty Segall - 2manyDJS - Slowdive - The Hives - SBTRKT - Grian Chatten - Frankie & The Witch Fingers - Paranoull - Warmduscher - ...

DAY 3:

Billie Eilish - Pulp - Paramore

Devo - James Blake - Boygenius - Mr. Bungle - Deerhoof - Romy - Killer Mike - Jon Hopkins - Angel Olsen - Temples - Bob Vylan - Umru - Lambrini Girls - Soft Plat - High Vis - Bethany Cosentino - ...

Olivia is busy over PS dates and is also playing Barcelona on her tour
Talking Heads reunion definitely not happening i don't think given their vibe on the interviews they did

Edited by scatteredscreens

8 minutes ago, Createur said:

I wouldn't rule out The National and Idles just because they were on the line-up last year.

They were originally booked for the 2020 edition of Barcelona, delayed because of Covid and haven't been on the poster of Porto since 2018 (Idles) and 2016 (The National) if I remember correctly.

I'd personally rule out IDLES given they have a Barcelona date in March as well.

I like both acts but in the interest of the festival staying fresh and booking other acts I think booking Nick Cave and The National 3 times in 6 festivals (if they were both booked for 2024) is a bit much. I know they have done it in the past with acts such as Tame Impala as well though.

Unless The National gave us something like HV or TWFM in full to warrant a revisit so soon.

Edited by scatteredscreens
  • Upvote 2

I think we need to rule out Sufjan Stevens, since he just had a severe health emergency 

Hi Friends. Quick update on my life. I'm very excited about having new music to share, but I just wanted to let you know that one of the reasons why I haven't been able to participate in the press and promotion leading up to the release of Javelin is bc I am in the hospital. Last month I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. My hands, arms and legs were numb and tingling and I had no strength, no feeling, no mobility. My brother drove me to the ER and after a series of tests-MRIs, EMGs, cat scans, X-rays, spinal taps (), echo-cardiograms, etc.-the neurologists diagnosed me with an auto immune disorder called Guillian-Barre Syndrome. Luckily there's treatment for this - they administer immuno-hemoglobin infusions for five days and pray that the disease doesn't spread to the lungs, heart and brain. Very scary, but it worked.
I spent about two weeks in Med/Surg, stuck in a bed, while my doctors did all the things to keep me alive and stabilize my condition. I owe them my life.
On September 8, I was transferred to acute rehab, where I am now undergoing intensive physical therapy/ occupational therapy, strength building etc. to get my body back in shape and to learn to walk again. It's a slow process, but they say I will "recover," it just takes a lot of time, patience, and hard work. Most people who have GBS learn to walk again on their own within a year, so I am hopeful. I'm only in my second week of rehab but it is going really well and I am working really hard to get back on my feet. I'm committed to getting better, I'm in good spirits, and I'm surrounded by a really great team. I want to be well!
I'll keep you posted as I progress. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. And a huge shout out to all the incredible caretakers of the world working night and day to help us heal. They are living saints.
Be well, be joyful, stay sane, stay safe. I love you.
yours truly from a wheelchair XOXOXO Sufjan Stevens

• Like 1

Because of what is happening with the primavera sound in south america this year, i think The Cure and Pulp are going to play in Barcelona. There were a lot of artist of barcelona edition from this year that are touring in south america now (Bad religion, pet shop boys, ghost, Blur, off, jd beck).

So it s not strange if some artist that confirmed in south america are going to play in barcelona next year. But i think that there wil be bigger artist in Barcelona than in south america, so, If in argentina are playing now The Cure, Blur, Pet Shop Boys, Beck, in only 2 days, in Barcelona we should have more and bigger artist for next year.

its a shame that Pixies has a tour in march 2024 in europe and dave matthews band in abril/may 2024, and i dont think they will be available.

• Upvote 1