Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

The return of Gabi. Big respect to him for being willing to engage with fans like this. 

"The problem of Arganda is very difficult to solve. Although it may not seem like it, the transport logistics were well designed (or at least that's what I think, we couldn't verify it) but the spaces that were required to load and unload people were flooded due to the rain, so they couldn't get close. to the enclosure because there was a risk of them being left in the mud. These lands are not conditioned and no administration has the intention of undertaking these works. Furthermore, there is an urban planning plan underway and those lands are going to be converted into industrial land and there is no turning back from that. Therefore, if we had continued there it could only have been for a couple of years and we also couldn't run the risk of it raining again. In Madrid on those dates it doesn't usually rain, but... It rained a lot. Too much. And it's not a question of event tickets, nor money. A festival is difficult to start, we have been at this for many years. It is a problem of image, of reputation.
We will return to Madrid the day we have a 100% adequate venue and we are available to the Community to help them design it. But at the moment it is impossible.
The subject of hotels in Bcn is very complicated, but this year it should be a little easier to find a room at a reasonable average price. In 2023 the PS and the Formula 1 Grand Prix coincided. This year possibly with motorcycles, but the demand is much lower.
Concerts are a topic that has been on the table for a long time. That if the festivals, that if the price of the tickets that if blah, blah, blah... The reality is that stadium concerts sell more tickets every day and practically all the big tours sell tickets quickly Sold Out after Sold Out . The audience is very diverse and of different ages.
I believe that the problem of concerts in venues is much more complex. And perhaps all of us professionals who are involved in it should reflect. The venue concert has lost appeal. Nowadays it is more difficult to get people off the couch at home. They have music, series, movies within reach of a click and they have become accustomed to snacking, to consuming in a different way. We must all be able to look for new schedules and new formats. Maybe a concert at 9:00 p.m. with an opening act on a Tuesday is not something that is going to attract a young person today. We would still have to go back to the idea of a club, not that a room programs something one day and later becomes a discotheque and the next day a flamenco tablao. Maybe go back to the idea of a concert venue dedicated to a type of music where you can go regularly and meet friends. Something more social that carries with it a sense of belonging.
What do I know, but what is clear is that it does not work. And the festivals have nothing to do with it (on the contrary, a band that succeeds in a festival makes its tours more profitable) or the price of the ticket. Price tickets for 5 euros and people still don't go.
I don't know, one day I start counting the concerts we've done. I'm sure there are thousands. In other words, I must know something and yet I only know that young people don't go to venues."

Thanks for the heads-up!

I went to check all his answers, very interesting points and info (first names/lineup late november; no Sufjan in 2024; Auditori confirmed for 2024; stage setting always revisited, but close to "perfection"). I found interesting his answer about the double weekend 2022. Interesting reading, thanks!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LBare said:

Thanks for the heads-up!

I went to check all his answers, very interesting points and info (first names/lineup late november; no Sufjan in 2024; Auditori confirmed for 2024; stage setting always revisited, but close to "perfection"). I found interesting his answer about the double weekend 2022. Interesting reading, thanks!

I was guilty of complaining about the double weekend (well the first day, which was shambolically busy) but looking back I had an issue with only 1 out of 6 days and the strength of the Ciutat gigs that year across the other days was amazing (albeit they did underestimate demand if understandably so).

So reflecting - particularly given we had just had a pandemic and all festivals were less polished that year - they pulled it off  and the criticism was over the top. 

• Upvote 4

I’m still not a fan of the double weekend, especially if each weekend is going to have exclusives. I find the regular layout to have much more value, and IMO, the ciuat gigs were even stronger in 2023 while being easy to get into. Honestly the regular format cannot be beat. Arrive Monday - 3 days of lead up gigs.. the fest.. then Sunday (always stellar)… back home in a week. In 2023 I saw Arab Strap, Black Midi, BCNR, Darkside, PSB, Gilla Band and Jockstrap and more... all not part of the “main” festival.. and all with ease.. this is what makes PS the best fest in the world 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

I’m still not a fan of the double weekend, especially if each weekend is going to have exclusives. I find the regular layout to have much more value, and IMO, the ciuat gigs were even stronger in 2023 while being easy to get into. Honestly the regular format cannot be beat. Arrive Monday - 3 days of lead up gigs.. the fest.. then Sunday (always stellar)… back home in a week. In 2023 I saw Arab Strap, Black Midi, BCNR, Darkside, PSB, Gilla Band and Jockstrap and more... all not part of the “main” festival.. and all with ease.. this is what makes PS the best fest in the world 

Well it's good news then as it looks unlikely to be two weekends for the foreseeable future

5 hours ago, nicolaspepsi said:

You think Is there any posibility of some big rock bands such as the strokes, Qotsa, the cure, pearl jam? I see that everybody Is talking about pop or rap, what about rock lol.thanks

I’d love QOTSA and think they suit the festival however apparently the owner fell out with them a number of years ago so it won’t happen. 

I think The Cure and Pulp are probably both quite likely. 

• Like 1

I'm expecting - as they are all touring and/or releasing new music:

SZA, Travis Scott, Lana Del Rey, C. Tangana, Kylie Minogue, PJ Harvey, Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kim Petras, Janelle Monae, Amaarae, Syd, Troye Sivan, Kevin Abstract, Olivia Dean, FKA Twigs, Slayyter, Doechii, Omar Apollo, Jai Paul, Lil Yachty, Dominic Fike

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

I'm expecting - as they are all touring and/or releasing new music:

SZA, Travis Scott, Lana Del Rey, C. Tangana, Kylie Minogue, PJ Harvey, Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kim Petras, Janelle Monae, Amaarae, Syd, Troye Sivan, Kevin Abstract, Olivia Dean, FKA Twigs, Slayyter, Doechii, Omar Apollo, Jai Paul, Lil Yachty, Dominic Fike

Kylie Minogue and Megadeth

9 hours ago, nicolaspepsi said:

You think Is there any posibility of some big rock bands such as the strokes, Qotsa, the cure, pearl jam? I see that everybody Is talking about pop or rap, what about rock lol.thanks

In the case of The Strokes I seriously hope not - I recently went to Rock En Seine and they were so dreadful I could only take 15-20min of their set before leaving. Julian was clearly out of it and the sound was woeful, so much so that there were a fair amount of complaints about them online afterwards 

Not to mention as well that their fans completely blocked off the front of the main stage to fans of the other artists (I was there for Foals that day) which generally I don't have an issue with, but then they hardly paid attention or showed any emotion. They were just stood still and occasionally talking over the other bands, and I don't want that crowd going to Primavera 

I would like to see The Cure though 

• Like 2