Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, livenstu said:

So the Madrid edition just a one off given their press release.

Primavera Sound Madrid 2023 is part of the celebrations that Primavera Sound is holding for its twentieth anniversary.

The same announcement talks about its “first edition” which you could also say implies they are planning future editions…

42 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

So is Madrid off then for 2024?

If the Barcelona pre-sale starts (this week) without any mention of Madrid, I think it's safe to assume that there's no Madrid next year or at least not the "big" edition like this year.

Edited by pipan

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Instinct is they are working on a new plan for Madrid but not in time for pre-sale. And definitely not in Argenda Del Rey which outMordored Mordor.

Also, they still haven't said anything about the cancelled Thursday. On their social media they've been giving the same general response for almost three weeks now - they'll contact everyone as soon as possible. But most probably not sooner than the Madrid's fate is sealed.

3 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I don't know, all the fuss about Santander clients is giving them two days early for a festival that's 11 months away? that's one crappy sales campaign if that's all it is

The market standard is "corporate clients" get to buy first before other Early Birds (Amex do this a lot) at same price as Early Birds.

Or Corporates offer deals nearer the time, however, still not cheaper than Early Birds (Indeed Santander did exactly this this year).

That way no major grounds for complaints from the more loyal base.

Edited by xxialac

"Gives you access to Primavera Sound Barcelona edition from the 31th May to the 1st of June 2023 at Parc del Fòrum. In order to complete the purchase, you must enter the code that appears on your Primavera Sound 2023 ticket for Barcelona or Madrid in AccessTicket." - 2 days?

3 minutes ago, tb_hs said:

"Gives you access to Primavera Sound Barcelona edition from the 31th May to the 1st of June 2023 at Parc del Fòrum. In order to complete the purchase, you must enter the code that appears on your Primavera Sound 2023 ticket for Barcelona or Madrid in AccessTicket." - 2 days?

Just a mess they'll hopefully put in order before the presale starts.

image.png.2095a0c3d4b4916cad0fa6ead57f20c5.png

image.png.d35246fabc75acc64f1c2850ae84e590.png

image.png.0ffc696071174a8cd097c179761160c3.png

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/barcelona-2024

So, actually, it's 1 euro less than last year (for last year ticket holders). And I also have a 5 euro discount in my email for using Primavera App. So it's going to be 194 € + fees for me. Nice.

WHO and HOW MUCH

General:

€220 general pass, €450 VIP pass* (plus distribution fees)

Holders of a Primavera Sound 2023 Barcelona or Madrid ticket:

€199 general pass, €400 VIP pass* (plus distribution fees)

2023 entry code = Purchase up to 2 tickets.

Edited by pipan

I don't like the phrase when talking about music or Primavera but in the past 2 years there seems to be  a definite 'marketing strategy'. That appears to be to pack the Thursday with more alternative/muso/Pitchfork stuff to attract an international audience and traditional Primavera supporters in Spain. Keep these people happy and interested by spreading 'interesting' stuff throughout days 2 and 3 but go for more mainstream headliners on Friday and then aim at a more pop/Spanish language focus for Saturday. This makes sense given that Thursday and Friday are normal work days in Spain and most interested locals would look at Saturday as the best day to attend if not doing the full festival. If that is the strategy, then something like Pulp and P J Harvey headlining Thursday would be feasible. Perhaps The Cure and Travis Scott on Friday then someone like Robyn or SZA on the Saturday with a big Spanish name. Hopefully this would be C Tangana if he has new material and is touring next year. I saw him twice last year on the El Madileno tour; it was a stunning show, would easily sell out Saturday and would also give him more access to an international audience. Obvs my record at predicting Primavera headliners is diabolical so none of this will happen.

20 minutes ago, pipan said:

The replied to someone on twitter that they're currently reviewing the first Madrid edition and considering the options for future. More news soon.

They followed up by saying the are evaluating alternatives to compensate Madrid holders and will be in contact soon

28 minutes ago, Valbork said:

I don't like the phrase when talking about music or Primavera but in the past 2 years there seems to be  a definite 'marketing strategy'. That appears to be to pack the Thursday with more alternative/muso/Pitchfork stuff to attract an international audience and traditional Primavera supporters in Spain.

If you look at the overall lineup, I think that all days are packed with the more alternative/Pitchfork_as_of_2000 kind of stuff.  Even for the headliners, I don't think the 2022 poster shows a very strong correlation between day and demographics. That said, I'm sure it is a (complex) consideration given the different demographics for some of the recent headliners, and the weekend/day ticket ratios.

1 hour ago, pipan said:

So, actually, it's 1 euro less than last year (for last year ticket holders). And I also have a 5 euro discount in my email for using Primavera App. So it's going to be 194 € + fees for me. Nice.

WHO and HOW MUCH

General:

Where did you get the 5€ discount ? 

2 hours ago, pipan said:

WHO and HOW MUCH

General:

No, in fact is 4 euros more expensive for 2023 goers (compared with last years early bird). I paid 195 € + 10 € fees in 2022 for 2023 edition.