Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's telling that they immediately announced the 2024 dates for Barcelona but not for Madrid.

I would guess they will continue with Madrid but at a much less ambitious scale.

I reckon they'll make Madrid like Porto 2.0, 4-5 stages, 30k attendance, some of the highlights from Barcelona but not the full line up. I loved the double festival idea, as it let me see bands I missed the first weekend in Madrid, but the whole debacle with location and the Thursday being cancelled just made it a wholly unenjoyable experience. 

12 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

The PJ Harvey discussion was stupid and there was really no need to bring her back.

She's absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, early headline material and I can't really see even the slightest argument otherwise. Not to mention, previous arguments "against" her (by emmanuel) were one of the most misleading, in-bad-faith and just flat out factually wrong arguments i've ever seen here. it's all just immensely disrespectful for her really. Yeah, she won't headline Werchter or those kind of festivals (even at her peak, she never had the hits), but for Primavera it's an absolute shoe-in.

I said I would love for her to play the longest possible set and I'm a fan, going to her September dates. How would I be "against" her? I've put in numbers because it is good to base things on evidence and it helps discussion. I'm honestly very confused. Popularity is just a number, it is not a statement for or against anyone. I may have got one of the venue capacity wrong by a bit, but you say it is the worst error ever made on this forum? Oh well. You made a good point that Pavement headlined and PJ Harvey is even more popular and legendary. That would be great if Primavera continues in that direction, but you seem to know more than me.

On 6/22/2023 at 7:21 AM, xxialac said:

Not sure if it's been commented on already but Primavera Sound Argentina has gone from:

4 days + a stacked Ciutat programme

-> 2 days + a tiny Ciutat programme

It wasn´t "4 days". 1 day was a day gigs with some bands that a brazilian fest booked that happened one month before (Cat Power, Jack White and Pixies). The second was a way to fit Bjork because she needed a day off because of the orchestras. In São Paulo they put the same attractions in only 2 days.

But, looking now, we have less attractions during the Ciutat days, but the same happened last year with who had the first weekend.

I think São Paulo line-up comes Wednesday, Bob just leaked the pre-sale starts Tuesday and general on Friday. I expect Blur out, with a Big pop nome in their place.

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Not even one of them? Feel like they’d suit the festival. 

They've had 20 years to be able to book Editors and never have.  QOTSA, if I remember, there was some bad feeling after their last performance and as they are touring this year, perhaps they won't next year. The Big Moon - maybe if their touring dates happen to coincide but wouldn't bet on it.

Edited by xxialac

Not a mega fan of Elton. Watched his performance yesterday (On tv)

i guess he did Glastonbury because it was his first and last there. 
If Primavera wants to sell and boost tickets Elton is a good name. Though I’m not sure it would attract the usual PS crowd. But they don’t care really 😂 

6 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I see that Porto tickets are already on the site

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/porto
120 Euro for 2023 ticket holders, 130 regular, 250 VIP

how is that compared to this year's prices? trying to see how much they'll raise the price for BCN

Same as last year by the looks of things:

Were you at 2022 edition? Then you can use the code on your wristband to get an extra discount on your early bird full festival ticket or VIP full festival ticket for Primavera Sound Porto 2023! If you use the code on your wristband, you can purchase your full festival ticket for 120€ and your VIP full festival ticket for 225€.

At the same time, you will be able to buy, for a reduced price, the full festival ticket (130€) or VIP full festival ticket (250€).

These early birds are only available for the next 48 hours (until 12:00 pm GMT on Friday, July 8), exclusively at DICE. From Friday, July 8, at 12:01pm GMT, full festival tickets will cost €140 and VIP full festival tickets €250. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, loikju said:

Same as last year by the looks of things:

Were you at 2022 edition? Then you can use the code on your wristband to get an extra discount on your early bird full festival ticket or VIP full festival ticket for Primavera Sound Porto 2023! If you use the code on your wristband, you can purchase your full festival ticket for 120€ and your VIP full festival ticket for 225€.

At the same time, you will be able to buy, for a reduced price, the full festival ticket (130€) or VIP full festival ticket (250€).

These early birds are only available for the next 48 hours (until 12:00 pm GMT on Friday, July 8), exclusively at DICE. From Friday, July 8, at 12:01pm GMT, full festival tickets will cost €140 and VIP full festival tickets €250. 

surprising, I'd say

let's see what it means for Barcelona

28 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Yeah, really hope we get Lana Del Rey now after that Glastonbury set - gutted for the people there & having 6 or so songs cut due to curfew, but unlike Frank, it looked like she really cared & felt bad for being so late.

How about caring enough to turn up on time in the first place? Every other stage headliner managed it fine.

And her rant at not getting special billing on the poster - when in fact she was listed on a poster in alphabetical order (as Primavera did for years) in the same way as other comparable acts - was equally pathetic.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, livenstu said:

Yeah, really hope we get Lana Del Rey now after that Glastonbury set - gutted for the people there & having 6 or so songs cut due to curfew, but unlike Frank, it looked like she really cared & felt bad for being so late.

I love Lana but after her Glasto set I hope we will not get her, I prefer artists who show up on time and actually put some effort into their performance, she looked like she did not want to be there, I think she just doesn't like performing live (or she might have other issues, but in that case she shouldn't accept to play such big festivals)

4 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I see that Porto tickets are already on the site

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/porto
120 Euro for 2023 ticket holders, 130 regular, 250 VIP

how is that compared to this year's prices? trying to see how much they'll raise the price for BCN

Same rates. But 2023 had 4 proper days. 2024 will be "only" 3. So, same rates but less days.