Security on the gates this year?

Gulping Gull

Just wanted to say, great forum! 

Wondered if there was some advice any stewards or general punters can offer on this topic? Last year i had an official wristband (workers, cant do this year as i didnt turn up for any of my shifts) so i didn't have the usual concerns to deal with about getting successfully onto site when unauthorised to do so, lets say. Given the Covid break, that means i haven't navigated the entry process for years, and was wondering 

- is still the same firm doing gate security

- are there QR codes on the wristbands like in 2019

- are vehicle gates roughly in the same place

- was there any noticeable uptick in wristband checking robustness last year, both on the gates and the usual rare checkpoints like the late night corner

With the weather looking great, id appreciate some advice on the above in order to decide the best way to break in this year. I have been offered a variety of methods, the biggest joke was a backstage pass for 3.5k! The usual methods are hovering at about £500, so clearly inflation is affecting this industry too 😲, i never realised an illicit trade took interest rates into account 😁

• Downvote 9

18 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

Wondered if there was some advice any stewards or general punters can offer on this topic? Last year i had an official wristband (workers, cant do this year as i didnt turn up for any of my shifts) so i didn't have the usual concerns to deal with about getting successfully onto site when unauthorised to do so, lets say. Given the Covid break, that means i haven't navigated the entry process for years, and was wondering 

- was there any noticeable uptick in wristband checking robustness last year, both on the gates and the usual rare checkpoints like the late night corner

With the weather looking great, id appreciate some advice on the above in order to decide the best way to break in this year. I have been offered a variety of methods, the biggest joke was a backstage pass for 3.5k! The usual methods are hovering at about £500, so clearly inflation is affecting this industry too 😲, i never realised an illicit trade took interest rates into account 😁

Are you the same numpty who claimed they would steal fold up chairs and act lairy with their mates in the campsite so everyone around them would be intimidated?

21 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

Security has been outsourced to the local scouts and guides.
Wristbands are soooo 2019
Vehicle tail gates are at the back of the vehicle (like they always are). Other points of entry are called doors.
I had my hand scratched last year by someone with long nails when they checked my ticket. My friend had his wrist twisted a bit when they put on the wristband.

Edited by Ommadawn

Just now, Quark said:

My first thought.  It's always a nice sign that the festival's almost upon us.

It's just boring at this stage though.

Always starts off going full on "look at how much of a twat I am" from the first post. There's no subtly to it at all. We deserve a better class of troll.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

It's just boring at this stage though.

Always starts off going full on "look at how much of a twat I am" from the first post. There's no subtly to it at all. We deserve a better class of troll.

Yeah I know, but it's a nice reminder of where we are on the calendar. Don't get me wrong, straight on the ignored list along with all the other aliases 

1 hour ago, Gulping Gull said:

- is still the same firm doing gate security nah just Mike Eavis and his dog

- are there QR codes on the wristbands like in 2019 nah no wristbands just walk in

- are vehicle gates roughly in the same place nah you have to go to Pilton park and walk in from there now, new initiative

- was there any noticeable uptick in wristband checking robustness last year, both on the gates and the usual rare checkpoints like the late night corner again wristbands, what wristbands?

2 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

I will, always do. 

Seems i have misjudged this forum? Are you not well clued up on the festival or something? 

Finding a back door in is one thing... Volunteering and not turning up for your shifts is just a really sh*tty thing to do.