Your Missing Three

The Red Telephone

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Queen

I used to go to Glasto when Queen were still a four piece, and it seemed absolutely inconceivable that they, or indeed any other megastars, could play on the farm. Fast forward 15-20 years and of course we expect big names to appear, and it's a shame that we missed out on Fred gracing the Pyramid.

Indeed, it's a shame we'll never see the current version of 'Queen', which still put on a great show. It's probably the most  significant body of work by a UK rock band that won't be significantly represented 

Brand New (wouldn't play the Pyramid I imagine, but would've loved to see them)

Pink Floyd

The Smiths

Honourable Mentions: Fleetwood Mac would've been ace when they reformed in 2014, and shout out to Jeff Buckley too, I was -2 when he played, and he died the month before I was born

Edited by JayDiesel

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I only know because I remember one of the presenters slagging them off and I was fuuuuumin'

Jo Whiley. I was fuming too. I’d just about suffer it from the likes of Radcliffe or John Peel but her taste is just so bog standard to start with.

9 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Brand New (wouldn't play the Pyramid I imagine, but would've loved to see them)

Pink Floyd

The Smiths

Honourable Mentions: Fleetwood Mac would've been ace when they reformed in 2014, and shout out to Jeff Buckley too, I was -2 when he played, and he died the month before I was born

Smiths headlined in 84.

Prince hurts more than any of the others because we know how much Michael Eavis wanted to make it happen, how hard they pushed for him year after year, and how they basically let him dictate whatever terms he wanted in 2015 (no agreement until a month out from the fest etc) and it still didn’t happen… then he died.

And it probably would have been the greatest set we ever saw up on that stage.

• Upvote 1