Lost ticket :(

turricandanx

I'm sorry to hear that. I think you're in for a tough time getting it resolved from what I've heard. Don't give up or take no for an answer though. Really hope you get a good outcome. There's a thread in the questions section where someone had had their ticket delivered to an incorrect address. Might be worth chatting to them to see how they're getting on with a resolution. Wish you every luck. 

Last year when it looked like mine was lost, see tickets told me they wanted written confirmation from Royal Mail that it was missing.

Ive found out since that happened to a friend of a friend in about 2014. He got the confirmation from Royal Mail. See tickets emailed him with a letter. He had to go to the ticket office at the festival with the email & proof of ID (passport / driving licence). They then replaced the ticket.

Hope you get sorted

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, turricandanx said:

Thanks everyone, hes spoken to royal mail and they said it would take 10 workinh days for him to get a letter?! That's ridiculous,  we're setting off Tuesday midnight and the letter wouldn't even arrive until the Thursday.

You'd hope thats up to 10 working days. Forward that on to see and see what they say I guess

3 minutes ago, turricandanx said:

Thanks everyone, hes spoken to royal mail and they said it would take 10 workinh days for him to get a letter?! That's ridiculous,  we're setting off Tuesday midnight and the letter wouldn't even arrive until the Thursday.

I appreciate this sounds like wishful thinking, but last year mine took about 10 days to arrive. Including me being told 'they didnt know where it was". 

As long as the tracking is showing they haven't been delivered you should be fine. Mail goes missing- call See. It likely will be a faff as they can't print new tickets (because of the personalisation) so expect to have to go to the ticket office.

But mail gets lost, it's about 1 in 1000, I'd expect much lower with special delivery but even at 1 in 10,000 that's going to be over ten people every year. There will be something in place.

Worst case scenario is your gonna have to go to the ticket office on site with as much info as possible and speak to the people there. Mates ticket was sent to Spain last year didnt arrive on time and he spent Weds night sat outside the ticket office and was let in thurs morning. 

You could also go to your local post office and see if a friendly postie will do something for you on headed paper

On 6/9/2023 at 10:25 AM, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I think you're in for a tough time getting it resolved from what I've heard. Don't give up or take no for an answer though. Really hope you get a good outcome. There's a thread in the questions section where someone had had their ticket delivered to an incorrect address. Might be worth chatting to them to see how they're getting on with a resolution. Wish you every luck. 

That may have been me. Had a hell of a time trying to sort my lost ticket last year after it was delivered to my neighbour (who kindly delivered it to me, opened, week after glasto). 

Like others had said OP, get written confirmation from Royal Mail saying it’s lost. SeeTickets won’t accept anything less. And if you could do it all last week, that would help. SeeTickets took best part of 2 weeks to reply to me.

Good luck OP! 

We met a guy in a bar at a previous Glastonbury who had travelled without his ticket. He went to the ticket office and was granted access once he had proved his identity by various means. No doubt they have access to all the registration info / identity photographs etc. All is not lost.

On 6/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, russell94 said:

Why O why in this day and age do they not do etickets. No having to rely on Royal Mail who are very unhelpful.

I'm guessing it's easier to fake an electronic ticket. Presumably the hard copies you can include unique properties that are hard to fake?

Explain to see tickets that you’ve put a lot of outlay in place for this event and that any losses incurred as a result of failure to deliver ticket at least 48 hours before event will result in a claim through small coins court th recover damages. Also worthwhile tweeting relevant folks such as seetickets Emily David Glastonbury with your case. Squeaky wheel gets the oil ! 

Yeah, there needs to be an actual robust plan for this kind of situation. Waiting up to ten days for something with eleven days to go is unacceptable. The festival and SeeTickets need to do more. Sending out the tickets a little earlier would be one thing. Ensuring that Royal Mail get a signature upon delivery rather than just chuck it through a letterbox is another. It's a £350 piece of paper with other serious financial and personal implications if not suitably delivered. I appreciate these situations are thankfully rare but it's shocking that the three main stakeholders in getting the tickets to you, seemingly don't give that much of a f**k about it.

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, there needs to be an actual robust plan for this kind of situation. Waiting up to ten days for something with eleven days to go is unacceptable. The festival and SeeTickets need to do more. Sending out the tickets a little earlier would be one thing. Ensuring that Royal Mail get a signature upon delivery rather than just chuck it through a letterbox is another. It's a £350 piece of paper with other serious financial and personal implications if not suitably delivered. I appreciate these situations are thankfully rare but it's shocking that the three main stakeholders in getting the tickets to you, seemingly don't give that much of a f**k about it.

Madness really that there isn't a way of making this a more reliable process in 2023.. I guess they just don't care See Tickets and I expect they would rather just deal with the section 75 credit card claims after the event (always pay on credit card for £100 items even if just a deposit folks so at least worst case you can get your ticket cost back of not everything else) if they've failed rather than spend any effort solving the problem before the festival. This obviously doesn't help for something as hard to get tickets for as Glastonbury though.... particularly as you can end up having to travel a long way with no assurance of getting in!

On 6/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, bigbilly said:

Worst case scenario is your gonna have to go to the ticket office on site with as much info as possible and speak to the people there. Mates ticket was sent to Spain last year didnt arrive on time and he spent Weds night sat outside the ticket office and was let in thurs morning. 

You could also go to your local post office and see if a friendly postie will do something for you on headed paper

Like surely the ticket office have the capability to get you a new ticket as long as you can prove who you are? It’s bloody 2023.

My ticket isn’t lost, however it was sent to our old address and the new owner refused it. Now saying on Royal Mail ‘Recipient not at address. Returned to sender’.

Does anyone know what to do in this scenario? Would it have actually been returned immediately or could I still intercept it at the delivery office?

2 hours ago, shortbreadbiscuits said:

My ticket isn’t lost, however it was sent to our old address and the new owner refused it. Now saying on Royal Mail ‘Recipient not at address. Returned to sender’.

Does anyone know what to do in this scenario? Would it have actually been returned immediately or could I still intercept it at the delivery office?

It probably helps you I would have thought as if it gets sent back to See they will know you haven’t received it. See will send all the returned tickets to the box office on site so you can just pick it up from there. Not ideal but definitely far better than relying on them accepting the ticket is lost. I would call See to double check all the same 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Clouds said:

“We have a system in place where you have to have your photo on the ticket to stop other people using it but we can’t replace lost tickets in case other people use it”

Absolute nonsense.

Agree - not sure why they don't have a barcode that gets scanned as well as photo to proove correct person, which then allows a ticket to be cancelled 

33 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

Agree - not sure why they don't have a barcode that gets scanned as well as photo to proove correct person, which then allows a ticket to be cancelled 

The problem I guess is setting up all that network in an area that’s in the middle of nowhere, and keeping a reliable link to a network over four different entry points. That could be remedied by people being limited to only entering through their allocated gate I guess, but it’s an additional pain in the arse for a tiny number of affected people. It’s really sh*t for those people, though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

The problem I guess is setting up all that network in an area that’s in the middle of nowhere, and keeping a reliable link to a network over four different entry points. That could be remedied by people being limited to only entering through their allocated gate I guess, but it’s an additional pain in the arse for a tiny number of affected people. It’s really sh*t for those people, though. 

They can’t have it both ways though. It’s either a system which works to stop people using others tickets by having people at gates checking names and photos, in which case losing your ticket shouldn’t be a problem, or it doesn’t - in which case they should find a new system.