BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

You get the impression that Elton really gets it,  the Glastonbury headline slot just needs hit after hit after hit, and for it to be an occasion,  and say what you want about him but he does provide that. Elton John will probably be up there with Bowie in terms of Glastonbury legend headliners.. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, trust1878 said:

You get the impression that Elton really gets it,  the Glastonbury headline slot just needs hit after hit after hit, and for it to be an occasion,  and say what you want about him but he does provide that. Elton John will probably be up there with Bowie in terms of Glastonbury legend headliners.. 

Probably very few artists who have enough big songs that are known to such a wide demographic. 

Just now, northernringo said:

For me, Macca was better as I'm a big Beatles fan.

I think Elton will be ranked as better for those who are indifferent between The Beatles & Elton.

In 2004 for sure and I was lucky to be there.

Last year his voice had totally gone. Still worship the man though. 

1 minute ago, crocodiles said:

Probably very few artists who have enough big songs that are known to such a wide demographic. 

McCartney could have had the most ridiculous setlist of all time if he went full Beatles (+chosen Wings hits). But I totally understands why he wants his whole career to be represented.

Elton is really determined to make the biggest hit fest possible.

Can’t remember another headliner that I could sing all the songs along to and I have seen a lot -maybe Bowie? And I am not a great EJ fan and never bought a record or seen him in concert - just goes to show what classics they all are