BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

I know people like massive names at Glastonbury but there comes a point where you’re just cannibalising the other stages. I love QOTSA and Phoenix but I’d still see Elton just because it’s an “I was there” moment. McCartney was the same. Nothing wrong with big headliners but if it’s someone you might never see again it becomes a different proposition.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The N word was mentioned so ya know, that kind of signifies one thing. Now I wish it was Bad Bunny. Oh wait, he isnt allowed cause selling out stadiums isnt good enough. Gotta sing in english.

jfc not this again. Almost anyone on the Pyramid all weekend would’ve more suitable for this slot than Mr Bunny. And several acts from the Other too. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The N word was mentioned so ya know, that kind of signifies one thing. Now I wish it was Bad Bunny. Oh wait, he isnt allowed cause selling out stadiums isnt good enough. Gotta sing in english.

so someone posting that they don't like an act repeatedly using the N word makes them a racist? You're the only one bringing race into this

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Moronic comment. It signifies that I don't like the use of that word in songs and never have done as it helps nobody and doesn't improve the songs. I'm with Chuck D on this one. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/chuck-d-urges-rappers-to-stop-using-nword-9520859.html

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

100% this. 

imagine thinking Royal Blood were a better sub than this. Glorious set. 

Royal Blood were big, loud and powerful. This is just choreographed silliness set to a backing track which sounds like any old song they play on Capital FM.

I can't imagine many batting an eye at this if it followed someone of the calibre the Foos.

• Downvote 1

The increasing trend of solo artists thinking they don't need to bother with a proper band is one of the worst things to happen to live music. That's not to say this is bad but imagine how much more powerful it'd be accompanied by something like what Lizzo had last night. 

9 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

100% this. 

imagine thinking Royal Blood were a better sub than this. Glorious set. 

Were Royal Blood singing over a backing track? 

No! Real musicians perform live.

3 minutes ago, crumbler said:

The increasing trend of solo artists thinking they don't need to bother with a proper band is one of the worst things to happen to live music. That's not to say this is bad but imagine how much more powerful it'd be accompanied by something like what Lizzo had last night. 

Tbf she didn’t have a live band in 2019 and that set is the stuff of legend. 

1 minute ago, domjon said:

Editors was the suprise set of the weekend for me... absolutely nailed it. Ben Power joining em baffled me but it absolutely works

They've always been great live, but his addition seems to have re-energised them on record and their live set has gone up a notch with the additional beats etc.

Just now, Lubic said:

They've always been great live, but his addition seems to have re-energised them on record and their live set has gone up a notch with the additional beats etc.

Top work at the Troxy and the warm up show in Northampton 2 weeks back. Cant wait to see them at Werchter

Just now, Serenefishy said:

I was watching the Pet Shop Boys set on TV with my dad last year and he was angry that nobody was on stage playing “proper instruments”. I had to have a conversation with him.

That gig was one of the best I've enjoyed on the farm.  If that's what not playing proper instruments sounds like I'm fine with it. Fingers crossed for the QOTSA crowd tonight that the sound is that good again for them.

19 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Someone miming, auto tune turned up to 11, shite music (opinion granted), and bumped up to sub at the request of Elton…

But that’s racist despite nobody mentioning colour? Right..

No, Lil Nas X is subbing because he has some massive hits. Montero, That's What I Want, Industry Baby, Old Town Road, Star Walking are/were everywhere. 

I mean, the first day had Royal Blood in that slot fcs. I'm not a massive Lil Nas X fan but I'd prefer his show over that band playing their one song over and over. At least Lil Nas is fun to witness. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1