BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

It is her fault (as far as we're aware), but Macca went way, way over last year. Not sure why he gets preference over Lana.

Anyway, it was a superb set, regardless. And not sure why people on here are calling her a disgrace for going to chat to her die-hards on the front row

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Not really. Last time I saw GnR it was more than a decade ago and they were really past their time already. I would have been at any other stage tonight.

Axl is well past his best and yet they are still 1000 times more interesting and entertaining than Lana Del Rey will ever be. 

Opinions eh? We all have different ones.

2 minutes ago, Lubic said:

It is her fault (as far as we're aware), but Macca went way, way over last year. Not sure why he gets preference over Lana.

Anyway, it was a superb set, regardless. And not sure why people on here are calling her a disgrace for going to chat to her die-hards on the front row

Don’t stages have different restrictions for curfew?

Macca going over likely in the plan and they sorted that out beforehand. Lana was late and she had to make due. She shouldve asked if there was any leeway but I doubt she is that self aware and went and did her thing

Fred went a couple mins past his time and even said "sorry, theyre gonna cut my mic off in a second so thats it. Thank you". 

4 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Agreed! Some people seem to really have it in for her.

3 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

Don’t stages have different restrictions for curfew?

Pyramid and Other are midnight. The Park has gone to 12:30 but the location of the stage comes into play with that anyway. Also its decibels. Park pa doesnt get turned up that high which is not a good thing but they get the timings.  Considering the amount of late night programming they wont want to really extend that either. 

Edited by Suprefan

6 minutes ago, Lubic said:

He's Paul McCartney - up there with Elvis & Michael Jackson as the biggest names in music history. Imagine if Glastonbury had cut his mic before he had finished his set????? The backlash could have signalled the end of Glastonbury!

3 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

He's Paul McCartney - up there with Elvis & Michael Jackson as the biggest names in music history. Imagine if Glastonbury had cut his mic before he had finished his set????? The backlash could have signalled the end of Glastonbury!

Glad it's not just me who thought this. 

Comparing a Beatle to someone who has had a few UK top 10 hits at most.....very strange. 

Also had she turned up on time that wouldn't have happened either. Can't blame her for wanting to check out Slash absolutely slaying on the Pyramid Stage before she took the stage herself either. 😉

• Like 1

In the last 10 years, I haven't spent many Glastos at home... But from my sofa, this festival feels like maybe it wasn't so bad that I didn't get a ticket.

Granted, I haven't watched as much of the festival as some others may have, but almost everything I've seen so far, I've thought it was pretty crap. Is anyone else feeling the same, that the festival is having a very very weak year?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, K2SO said:

In the last 10 years, I haven't spent many Glastos at home... But from my sofa, this festival feels like maybe it wasn't so bad that I didn't get a ticket.

Granted, I haven't watched as much of the festival as some others may have, but almost everything I've seen so far, I've thought it was pretty crap. Is anyone else feeling the same, that the festival is having a very very weak year?

It's not a vintage year, especially headliner-wise - but I've seen some fantastic stuff on i-player so far 

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

It's not a vintage year, especially headliner-wise - but I've seen some fantastic stuff on i-player so far 

I haven't been able to watch anything on iPlayer, just seen odd bits on dodgy online streams! I watched most of AM and GnR and thought they were both shocking.

Loyle Carner right now seems like the best thing I've seen so far.

I was also disappointed with the Christine and the Queens clip. I loved the Chris album, but he's taken a turn away from the pop that I like into a more arty direction, which is a shame but what can you do?

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

The Headline acts are all exactly that though. Granted the Monkeys weren't on top form this time but they could only play in one slot realistically. 

I actually think it's a bit more worrying that likes of Dua Lipa and Taylor Swift would be far more popular for many on here. Maybe I'm getting old though but I'm sure many on here would be delighted if the festival went into full V Festival mode. Lewis Capaldi getting a headline size audience says a lot. What is remotely interesting about him? I don't get it at all.