BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Are the mighty Hu going to be on BBC tomorrow? It will be interesting to see how their music will resonate with the Glasto crowd!

They're on the BBC lineup page so it looks like it. Wondering how many other acts had prominent slots at Download and Glasto in the same year, can't be many. 

Edited by crumbler

10 minutes ago, sedra said:

Well some people like it as the crowd looks huge. Also he is managing to deal with Tourette’s whilst playing on stage so good for him - yes his music isn’t for everyone but he isn’t pretentious about it. 

The netflix series was a hard watch at times and I really felt for the lad and what he goes through.  I've got little to no interest in him musically, but there's no denying he's a really likeable character with a strong connection to his very down to earth roots. 

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Feel like that's maybe the end of the road for Lewis' live stuff for a long time. I can't imagine him wanting to carry on doing stuff when he can't get through it properly. He looked utterly done in by the end of it.

No his tics were clearly even more severe than they were at the Big Weekend last month. Hope he takes the time off he needs this time rather than rushing back again. 

Really teared up watching Lewis Capaldi there - the crowd reaction to him was amazing and must have really touched him.
Seeing somebody clearly struggling in front of a crowd that size and millions on TV is really uncomfortable. But he did a great job. 

Edited by st dan

5 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

I was looking forward to watching the Manics, but i cant stop watching Rick and Blossoms, the Manics will have to wait

Their crowd are sh*t. Sad to see because they are a great band who always put their all into every live performance. It was the same the last two times I've seen them as well.

These highlights packages on BBC one and two have been surprisingly good. I was expecting a re-tread of the biggest acts, but I've seen some really cool stuff on here. 

Sudan Archives, The Comet is Coming, Fever Ray, Hot Chip, and now Obongjayar. Totally new to me but really cool (is he the guy in the new Fred Again.. song? Or is that a different Obong?) 

At least the people who won't spend the weekend delving through the player (or perhaps can't) are still seeing a little bit of variety.