Overcrowding Predictions

gordong

12 hours ago, catavento said:

Yeah exactly this. I suppose the argument is that they've freed up more space elsewhere, but not everybody is going to be obsessive enough to think over potential camping spots before they get there (I am that obsessive), many just want to pitch their tents and get stuck in. Also, camping right by that big pylon was a lifesaver for me tbh - I'm bad at finding the tent sober let alone at any other time.

I reckon its going to lead to lots of people using the accessible sites near woodsies that don't need to as well due to the effort required to get round to Dairy etc

12 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I had no idea they even did that, the pyramid is never full! I guess there's a bit more space in it now then 2013, will Elton really be that popular do we think?

Another big clash is gonna be Thursday 1pm, eats everything history of rave, just because it's so early on.

Whole of thursday stonebridge is roadblock, especially with baggy mondays after too etc

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Whole of thursday stonebridge is roadblock, especially with baggy mondays after too etc

Emily did say they've made that tent bigger, although it'd have to be twice the size to cope with the crowds I think. best to get there pre-12

3 minutes ago, StePotts said:

Emily did say they've made that tent bigger, although it'd have to be twice the size to cope with the crowds I think. best to get there pre-12

theres pictures of it and its barely bigger, not going to make any difference i think

14 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I had no idea they even did that, the pyramid is never full! I guess there's a bit more space in it now then 2013, will Elton really be that popular do we think?

Another big clash is gonna be Thursday 1pm, eats everything history of rave, just because it's so early on.

We were about 20 strong that year and camped in Hawkwell (near the top by the fence) and had about 30 people sat in our campsite to watch The Rolling Stones.

One of my mates went back to grab a jumper and some cans and said some of them got a bit shirty about moving so he could get into our tent as they would lose their spot! (only going on what he said, I was at Public Enemy myself)

Rolling Stones crowd was dangerously over crowded where I was. 

It got so bad about halfway that we bailed just to get out and have a little space. This was on the wateraid side and every possible path leading out was insanely rammed right up to and past the cider bus. 

It was as if everyone was either in the field or going there.

Crazy!

4 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

It got so bad about halfway that we bailed just to get out and have a little space. This was on the wateraid side and every possible path leading out was insanely rammed right up to and past the cider bus. 

Crazy!

I managed to exit on that side with little difficulty about 20 minutes into their set.

5 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The main issues with crowding last year obviously involved too many people in some slots, but it was made worse by people blocking large slots of space, stopping anyone from going forward with picnic blankets, chairs and (like I've mentioned before) camping rope.

Tbh, the only way to deal with this is to get a few stewards/ security moving people along if they've got a blanket and spread in the middle of a main stage performance.

This. 

Diana was chocker last year so we had to walk up to the back of the pyramid field and then find a way down through the crowds. Although it appears really busy around the edges, the matter of fact is that there's a substantial amount of people on that outer crowd sat with picnic blankets, chairs etc. I don't have an issue with this, but when we then started to head down through the crowd from the back of the field, it was said people on chairs and lying down sunbathing that then started having a right go at us purely because we wanted to head into the crowd and find a decent space to watch her from. Literally nearly came to blows at one point as a group of lads were clearly trying to block us from walking through although there was vast amounts of space in front of them by about 20 yards, and then they started calling us scum bags for just trying to get a decent spot! Surely if you're going to set up a picnic blanket and have a snooze by the stage you can't really complain if people are working past you to find a decent enough space with a bit of atmosphere around it. Not as though we were parking ourselves right in front of someone and blocking their view, it was literally just a case of excusing ourselves through people sat down not even paying attention to the stage for them to then berate us for wanting to actually watch the performance. Baffles me!

2 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Crazy!

I f**king wasn't.  And I can testify that Chic had plenty of audience at West Holts that night so I wasn't alone.

Stones are the biggest pile over steaming overrated shite on this planet.  Really don't get the appeal at all.

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

Literally nearly came to blows at one point as a group of lads were clearly trying to block us from walking through although there was vast amounts of space in front of them by about 20 yards, and then they started calling us scum bags for just trying to get a decent spot! Surely if you're going to set up a picnic blanket and have a snooze by the stage you can't really complain if people are working past you to find a decent enough space with a bit of atmosphere around it. Not as though we were parking ourselves right in front of someone and blocking their view, it was literally just a case of excusing ourselves through people sat down not even paying attention to the stage for them to then berate us for wanting to actually watch the performance. Baffles me!

These folk are seriously weird. They seem to think their sacred blankets trump all other concerns. 'Ye shall not pass the sacred blankets of Home Bargains lest I smite thee'. Medievalist territorial weirdos. I mean chairs, blankets fine, but once your blanket is practically surrounded by a sea of legs that's the signal to pack that sh*t up and stand up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's got three pillars rather than two! That's 50%, lad!

😂

Ben

50% to a 1k tent with acts like Four Tet, Eats Everything in etc won't make much difference.

The acts in there most of the day could be in a stage 3x as busy and still be busy - regulars seemingly don't even bother with it because its that busy. Let alone the thursday!

2 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Crazy!

I've never seen it so busy there and I was pretty far back.  I had a friend much further forward and he said they were having to crowd surf out folks who needed a pee. 

17 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I think that the Lottery winners on the Avalon will be very busy. I know they are playing umpteen times but this is the most accessible venue and at a time when there is little competition. Or am i reading their popularity wrong? Not quite wet leg 2022 but getting close?

I really want to see them at Glasto but not sure if it will actually happen as reckon all 4 gigs will be rammed. Got tickets to see them in Manchester but would love to see them at Glastonbury 

Does anyone have any recommendations how to get a good spot for the Pyramid stage having arrived last minute from Woodsies? I believe that front right side can get super shoulder to shoulder!

I like to be as close as possible, preferably in the pit, but I'll only get to Arctic Monkeys with minutes to spare as I'll be seeing Warpaint beforehand.

2 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Does anyone have any recommendations how to get a good spot for the Pyramid stage having arrived last minute from Woodsies? I believe that front right side can get super shoulder to shoulder!

I like to be as close as possible, preferably in the pit, but I'll only get to Arctic Monkeys with minutes to spare as I'll be seeing Warpaint beforehand.

You won't get into the pit.  Unless you want to be extremely unpleasant and force your way in.

I've only gone JP -> Pyramid around sub/headliner time twice and both times it was chocker.  Ended up going quite a way back and circumnavigating the sound desks to the other side, which always seems to be less choked.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Ah

I've I finally found some one else who thought they were poor?

Never really been into them tbh. Don't mind some of their stuff but can take or leave them. I can't actually remember anything of what I did see. I was separated from our group at the time so decided to just head for the DJ we all wanted to see after.