New App ?

Yeo-vile idiot

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The map’s pretty good, all the bars on it and seems quite detailed, although very pixelated when you zoom in.

Are the bars named?  I just have the pint logo as per the map

having said that, I also don't have any of the line up

Edited by watsonjm

19 minutes ago, jow95 said:

In short it is shite. Frustrating given the modern standards for these kind of apps at many events.

I held off highlighting clashfinder in the hope I would do it once on the official app but why are the timings so spread out you can only get on artist on a screen.

Eh? 

15 minutes ago, jow95 said:

1 artist per stage at any one time. No overview of the run over an evening to 'loosely' plan it without constantly scrolling left and right.

IMG_0463.png

But that isn't an artist on a screen. 

But the question shouldn't be "how does it compare to clashfinder", it's how does it compare to what it succeeds (the EE app) and by most measures it's better. 

BTW do have some screenshots from about six years ago of old app

Screenshot_20230609_165213_Glastonbury.jpg

Screenshot_20170626-151316.png

Edited by clarkete

51 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

That wasn't the question and no one is saying its not. 

No but a bizarre point about how we can't compare this app to clashfinder.
Compare it with the unofficial app that came out recently or handwritten notes of who's on where and when, my point stands that the lineup section is hard to use with the size of a glasto lineup. 

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Outside of the running order for stages and planning your next moves, what is the app actually useful for? I never used the previous ones, I just never saw what their benefit was. 

They also have links to the festival tweets and worthy fm, but this is the main stuff (from their app page) ... 

Screenshot_20230609_182358_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_182352_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_182346_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_182341_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_182335_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_182327_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_182322_Google Play Store.jpg

5 minutes ago, jow95 said:

No but a bizarre point about how we can't compare this app to clashfinder.
Compare it with the unofficial app that came out recently or handwritten notes of who's on where and when, my point stands that the lineup section is hard to use with the size of a glasto lineup. 

I find your own comparisons a bit bizarre tbh. 

You can clearly use what you prefer and plenty will carry on using clashfinder - it's great for what it does. 

Clearly they were never gonna be trying to do the same job as that, their job is to provide the same or better than the previous supplier - which they seem to have done thus far. Hopefully further improvements will follow. 

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It feels a bit clunky. Not really a fan. Can't easily highlight acts onto my own personal line up. 

How were you trying? I found searching by name and adding easy enough. 

BTW important to say - I'm not here banging a drum for VF, but there were some things that annoyed me about the EE app - which thus far are improved - that's all. 

Just now, clarkete said:

How were you trying? I found searching by name and adding easy enough. 

BTW important to say - I'm not here banging a drum for VF, but there were some things that annoyed me about the EE app - which thus far are improved - that's all. 

It's all good.

It could just be my phone. I've dropped the thing a tonne. Just working my way through it, changing pages, going back and forwards takes a while to load.

I've figured out how to add now. But I do think it needs a zoom out function. I like the Clashfinder itinerary version which shows all my highlighted acts very easily.

It's also my way of doing the fest. I plan acts out but that's it. I've never read the free guide in the bags, never read the free press, never used the app. Aside from the Clashfinder I kind of shut myself off from everything else. 

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I find your own comparisons a bit bizarre tbh. 

You can clearly use what you prefer and plenty will carry on using clashfinder - it's great for what it does. 

Clearly they were never gonna be trying to do the same job as that, their job is to provide the same or better than the previous supplier - which they seem to have done thus far. Hopefully further improvements will follow. 

Your average punter isn't comparing different versions of the app and thinking god well done Vodafone, I still can't read the lineup you've put up but my word there's a link to worthy fm now.

can't read is obviously exaggerating but you get what I mean.

22 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Always found the alarm function to be a bit strange. Who needs a reminder to attend a set at Glastonbury? Is it just me? 

Christ! I plain forgot! Eltons on at the Pyramid in 15 minutes everyone, we have to rush!

Idk, in 2019 I got the 15 minute alert for Lizzo and was at a loose end so popped over. One of the best sets of the weekend!