New App ?

Yeo-vile idiot

1 hour ago, 09matthewsw said:

Yeah map is gone but the rest of the app remains after a slight rebrand. Hope they’re able to keep going now and the Vodafone app takes a big hit as a result. Serves them right for not having something sorted sooner 👍🏻

Still works for me, with map.

32 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Bit of a low blow. Screenshot_20230605_213934_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f9dd6831c3252c7ed5342aca18c8d31a.jpg

This is absolutely disgraceful behaviour from Vodafone. There's now nothing in the app that breaches any IP. Feel really sorry for the developer, this is just corporate bullying.

• Upvote 2

The developer is someone I know through football. Despite it not being in breach of anything, the name 'Vodafone lawyers' is being thrown about. Massive shame as the app is decent and released to allow festival goers to plan ahead.

Wonder why there isn't any problems with clashfinder?

8 minutes ago, iamstreety said:

The developer is someone I know through football. Despite it not being in breach of anything, the name 'Vodafone lawyers' is being thrown about. Massive shame as the app is decent and released to allow festival goers to plan ahead.

Wonder why there isn't any problems with clashfinder?

I assume because Clashfinder was always obviously unofficial.

I've not used this app, but based on the sheer number of people on here and elsewhere confusing it for the Official app and needing to be corrected I can fully understand why Voda got upset in the first place. Though it seems petty if they're still pushing for it to be removed after all branding etc is removed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, incident said:

I assume because Clashfinder was always obviously unofficial.

I've not used this app, but based on the sheer number of people on here and elsewhere confusing it for the Official app and needing to be corrected I can fully understand why Voda got upset in the first place. Though it seems petty if they're still pushing for it to be removed after all branding etc is removed.

Yeah exactly. They just don't want the competition for their big launch and takeover from the EE app. They had so much time to get it ready. No idea why it is taking so long.

The other app will be gone from the stores today.

2 minutes ago, AFC said:

If we have it downloaded on our phones, will we still be able to use it? Is it just being taken down from the store or gone completely?

Pretty sure once an app is on your phone it's there forever or until you uninstall it.