The churnups

a6l6e6x

54 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

I saw FF's when they headlined and eventually wandered off as I was bored of all the faffing about. I reckon a tight set of hits, no guests, no messing about (well, just a little bit) would be great. 

This is why I'm giving them a miss if there's an even slightly tempting clash 

That headline set was so unbelievably dull

14 hours ago, chazwwe said:

That was exactly my thought. With Cat Stevens being in there somewhere. I think AM/Lizzo will be very similar. 

I'm really unsure about Cat Stevens. He's not gonna be an all-timer Legend slot. Don't think he's even gonna reach Lionel Richie levels.*

AM and Lizzo... Think AM have such a huge diehard fan base, really just depends how many of them have tickets. Lizzo on the other hand is a massive name on the up with a great presence, voice, really fun party tunes, she'll do well with maybes and undecideds. It's def close. Think AM will edge it. 

*Double checked Lionel in 2015. Place was bloody rammed. No way is Cat Stevens getting those levels.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

***ATTENTION***

It's official that it's the Foos now.

If anyone wants to stick around and be a sourpuss about it and moan, can you please let everyone else enjoy it?

Where is it officially confirmed?

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I mean, that must of been insane. Such a tiny venue with such a huge band. Wonder if there's been anything of that size before in the ol' C&G?

Not before then no.  It was just a brick shed when we moved here in 1994 so we've seen it grow as a venue from the start, and although we've had some pretty good acts that was just another level. Emily is a patron (as is Jo Whiley) so the whole Foo's thing was her doing....as was McCartney last year.  We're really lucky to have such a fantastic non-profit venue on our doorstep.

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm really unsure about Cat Stevens. He's not gonna be an all-timer Legend slot. Don't think he's even gonna reach Lionel Richie levels.*

AM and Lizzo... Think AM have such a huge diehard fan base, really just depends how many of them have tickets. Lizzo on the other hand is a massive name on the up with a great presence, voice, really fun party tunes, she'll do well with maybes and undecideds. It's def close. Think AM will edge it. 

*Double checked Lionel in 2015. Place was bloody rammed. No way is Cat Stevens getting those levels.

Legend spot belongs to Blondie this year

• currently both Blondie & Yusuf are allocated 75 minute slots (last year DiRo had 75 and Elbow afterwards had only 60) 
  • Last year the slot started at 4pm, this year it's a smudge around those times, Yusuf at 3:15, Blondie at 5:00 (which of those sounds more like tea time?)
  • Blondie on second, nearer to being a headline out of the two legends
  • Last year's clashfinder stats have ~50% of people saying they'd go to see DiRo, Blondie have about the same (at the moment) this year whereas Yusuf is about half that amount

Personally looking forward to Yusuf and sticking around for a bit of Blondie - if it's busy for Yusuf it's people who've arrived early for Blondie - so Blondie are definitely this year's legends (it's official!)

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Not before then no.  It was just a brick shed when we moved here in 1994 so we've seen it grow as a venue from the start, and although we've had some pretty good acts that was just another level. Emily is a patron (as is Jo Whiley) so the whole Foo's thing was her doing....as was McCartney last year.  We're really lucky to have such a fantastic non-profit venue on our doorstep.

That's crazy. What's the avg property price in Pilton? Might start looking at moving the fam down, lol 

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

🙄

Not meaning to sound facetious, just couldn't see anything on Glasto / FF socials and was questioning where you'd seen it officially.

I don't doubt it's the Foos and I missed 2017 so will probably catch them!

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Legend spot belongs to Blondie this year

• currently both Blondie & Yusuf are allocated 75 minute slots (last year DiRo had 75 and Elbow afterwards had only 60) 
  • Last year the slot started at 4pm, this year it's a smudge around those times, Yusuf at 3:15, Blondie at 5:00 (which of those sounds more like tea time?)
  • Blondie on second, nearer to being a headline out of the two legends
  • Last year's clashfinder stats have ~50% of people saying they'd go to see DiRo, Blondie have about the same (at the moment) this year whereas Yusuf is about half that amount

Personally looking forward to Yusuf and sticking around for a bit of Blondie - if it's busy for Yusuf it's people who've arrived early for Blondie - so Blondie are definitely this year's legends (it's official!)

Not only do we have 5x headliners this year, we now have 2x Legend Slots. Confirmed! 😁

Just now, JRhys29 said:

Not meaning to sound facetious, just couldn't see anything on Glasto / FF socials and was questioning where you'd seen it officially.

I don't doubt it's the Foos and I missed 2017 so will probably catch them!

Just a turn of phrase my dude given the letter from Davey. I highly doubt he'd write something so sentimental to troll his own fans into thinking he's turning up at Glastonbury. 

Just now, p.pete said:

Best glasto-budget ever - should let them run the country

Unbelievable isn't it?

New Woodsies area. New Carhenge art installation/music area. New Levels in SH. Massive DJ line up to christen the latter. Prob more I'm missing out, but this is all fantastic so far.

I'm not even a Foos fan really, but can appreciate they are MASSIVE and a big coup for the festival at third down.

So it's officially the Foos 😄  Actually excited to see them mid-afternoon whereas I wasn't pushed when they headlined.  Sorry to kill another puppy, but I reckon it will definitely be with guests - given Dave was happy to jump on stage with Paul.  Lots of RHCP spin on some of the rumours, so maybe Flea?

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I find it difficult to get excited about the Foo Fighters but I’m glad others will enjoy it if it is them. 

You know how this works at least - either go anyway and find out that you were right, or have a look at the lineup and realise that you'd rather be at Joey Bada€€

Was away all day yesterday.

So DG wrote a letter to Zoe Ball that had the word churnup in it? Is that the jist of it?

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I might actually pay some attention to the Grohlster's Nicest Guy In Rock (tm) reputation if he mends some bridges between the farm and Queen and brings out Brian and Roger.

Geddy and Alex would make my festival. Can't see it though.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What's a good Foo Fighters song to try them out?

You're joking right? (Wonders how anyone has managed to never have heard a FF tune). The Pretender came on randomly yesterday and got me going.

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're a dull band.

A bit. Quiet bit. Loud bit. Quiet bit. Loud bit. Repeat.