Who the f’ are The Churnups

Traci

3 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Theres a few people there for Chvches but not what you would expect at this time of day

From the TV coverage similar to St. Vincent last year when she was up against Sam Fender and had a slight clash with Phoebe.

A few years back at Reading I managed to watch around 30/40 mins of Foo Fighters, a whole Chvrches set and then almost another hour of Foos. Great times!

11 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Wouldn’t that be approaching Chris Martin levels of overkill?

It's a UK stadium tour. They won't be playing Glasto again for a while.

My favourite band but yeah we don't want Coldplay levels of repetition. 

They were going to do a secret set in 2020 for their 25th and they’d also agreed to headline that one day Equinox in 2021.  As 2025 is their 30th anniversary (and Glastonbury’s 55th) I wouldn’t rule them out headlining that.

2 minutes ago, Pjonze said:

They were going to do a secret set in 2020 for their 25th and they’d also agreed to headline that one day Equinox in 2021.  As 2025 is their 30th anniversary (and Glastonbury’s 55th) I wouldn’t rule them out headlining that.

Where you getting the 2020 info from? I think I maybe remember some rumblings, but considering they were also gonna have Aerosmith that year (+ Mumfords, lest we forget…) I doubt they’d also have Foos doing a secret set - seems way too much. 

Not sure if they’d still be on the road in ‘25, but they for sure should/could headline on their next album tour - this one just seems a bit too soon, especially after today. 

48 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

From the TV coverage similar to St. Vincent last year when she was up against Sam Fender and had a slight clash with Phoebe.

A few years back at Reading I managed to watch around 30/40 mins of Foo Fighters, a whole Chvrches set and then almost another hour of Foos. Great times!

I was at the poorly attended St Vincent set. It was fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Neil said:

Word I've Heard is dave grohl and friends, and not the foos.

Turns out that a longtime colleague of Michael's doesn't have accurate info 

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Guess it makes up for the lack of a crowdpleasing Legend this year 🤷‍♂️

Kind of mad though that it took Glastonbury two decades to book the Foos once and now they’ve turned up twice in six years. 

They played in '98

They knocked it out the park today. Their recorded stuff maybe boring as sh*t now but that hour was brilliant