RIP Tina Turner

EFC1996

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Why does your insult make you not a tosser?

Making a sarky comment in a thread mourning the death of what most would agree is a legend in music is just in bad taste... even more so by an 'admin' on a forum that celebrates music.  I had hoped once you'd sold the site we'd be able to downvote you just so you might realise how often you cause offence with your posts and never seem to be able to read the room.  Sadly it seems not.  Anyway RIP Tina... a legend with a massive catalogue of music to be remembered by.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Not only was it a sarky comment, it was a load of bollocks. This was from 2009 and she was still giving solid performances. Would have been better than Neil Diamond, Ray Davies or Paul Simon! (IMO) 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Making a sarky comment in a thread mourning the death of what most would agree is a legend in music is just in bad taste... even more so by an 'admin' on a forum that celebrates music.  I had hoped once you'd sold the site we'd be able to downvote you just so you might realise how often you cause offence with your posts and never seem to be able to read the room.  Sadly it seems not.  Anyway RIP Tina... a legend with a massive catalogue of music to be remembered by.  

i simply referenced the time when she was at her biggest.

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

i simply referenced the time when she was at her biggest.

I think that she would have been a massive and hugely welcomed addition to the lineup at any point in her career. 

Can't understand your viewpoint TBH. 

There have been thousands of 'lesser' performers over the years. 

Edited by Sawdusty surfer

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I think that she would have been a massive and hugely welcomed addition to the lineup at any point in her career. 

Can't understand your viewpoint TBH. 

There have been thousands of 'lesser' performers over the years. 

Surely we all want to see acts at their best and not their less than best.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

Surely we all want to see acts at their best and not their less than best.

Downvoting a video I posted doesn’t hurt me it just makes you look petty.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Downvoting a video I posted doesn’t hurt me it just makes you look petty.

You trolling me is the definition of petty, what did I do to break your heart? 😛

I echo most of the sentiments here. Truly had she played it could have been a remarkable legends appearance. Even so, her legacy as a singer, as a performer, as a woman is huge and her music will endure longer than us all I expect.

If you are unfamiliar with her cover of Whole Lotta Love, dig it out.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

You trolling me is the definition of petty, what did I do to break your heart? 😛

I posted in this thread before you came and ruined it. How is posting a video trolling you? Give us a rest now, you look like a fool. 

• Upvote 1

She was such a powerful performer. Powerful because she was blessed with her voice. She was blessed because she just 'knew' music / lyrics upside down and back to front, and inside out. Totally mentally gifted as a visual performer too. Off the scale on quite a number of levels.

@ Neil - I think I might take the pressure off you here, by informing you all that she was also responsible for me turning many a cotton sock in to a sheet of Formica!

So sad about this.

She was the soundtrack of my early years - my mom loved her, so did my dad.

I remember my mom telling me that my dad was mesmerised by her at one her shows - he couldn't stop talking about it for days...

RIP Tina Turner

A true icon

X

Edited by Stave_1974
grammar

9 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Shows how strong she was, she was offered but turned down Physical (Became a big hit for Olivia Newton John) because it was too obvious, and turned down Spielberg for The Colour Purple as the story was too close to her own life. 

I heard Rod Stewart was also offered Physical. During his "D'ya think I'm sexy" period. Can you imagine?