Predict the final TBAs

churlie100

5 hours ago, huh? what? said:

If the Blossoms + Rick Astley info is correct are we expecting that to be a Blossoms set with Rick Astley tagging in at the end for some Smiths songs or a full Rick Smiths set?

Here's a setlist for when they did it in 2021, was incredibly much fun those gigs 😁20230616_185315.thumb.jpg.56f089b22c6b325e387167e45cfa4c49.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Rick Roll and Blossoms thing does sound like fun. I like both of them for what they are and I like a bit of the Smiths. But do I want to waste my time seeing a covers band for 80 minutes?

I'm just not really sure.

Only you can answer that really, but considering their Smiths shows have been highly praised, great fun and pretty rare (only two full gigs and an odd appearance for 2-4 songs at Blossoms gigs) weight that against the alternatives, how likely you're to see the other acts elsewhere etc 🙂

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wilem said:

Yeah this was my info… to my knowledge I think that sentiment still stands.

from memory Florence didn’t feel like her last album was Glasto Headline vibes and therefore didn’t want to play when she wasn’t headlining

Just watching her on YouTube headline a festival in Rio this year , she’s absolutely nailing it and treated like an absolute goddess by the crowd. 

Unbelievable how good she has become on a big stage and the new songs sound massive, she should def headline glasto again one day 

Edited by swede
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Rick Roll and Blossoms thing does sound like fun. I like both of them for what they are and I like a bit of the Smiths. But do I want to waste my time seeing a covers band for 80 minutes?

I'm just not really sure.

Fwiw we saw them last year and are going again. Blossoms own music is fine, Rick’s is cheesy fun and I haven’t listened to the Smiths in decades so I’m hardly an uber fan of any of them… but we had an absolutely great time.

They are great tunes, all the better when not having to tolerate Morrisey.

The Saturday afternoon is pretty sparse for my personal tastes so hoping that Woodsies has a good TBA then as planning to be perched there for Måneskin and Rina.

I know this is been quashed already - but what are the odds of Confidence Man doing a surprise (non-DJ set), I know they’ve said they’re not. But they are fast becoming such a prolific festival act that I wouldn’t put it past them doing a random gig.

2 hours ago, Jaykc82 said:

I see that Ren Gill is in the UK, as he posted from an Arctic Monkeys show last night.  Where he had previously posted that he was asked to play, any possibility he may be one of the TBAs?

Unfortunately not, I asked him outright a few weeks back when he said he was coming to England to film a video for Money Game 3. He’s back off to Canada for a few more months to carry on his treatment.

2 hours ago, glasgowboy said:

Do we think Grian Chatten could be one of the smaller TBAs? He was on Jools Holland this week

Very likely in my opinion. 

Familiar with the festival, and didn’t FDC do about 3 or 4 secret sets back in 2019? As well as playing last year.

My 3 picks for the BBC introducing stage are: The Amazons, DMAs, Courteeners.

I know Courteeners are already playing, however there always seems to be 1 fairly large act that are already on the bill doing one of these slots.

Idles, Yungblud & Lewis Capaldi have done so the previous two festivals.

42 minutes ago, JP1994 said:

My 3 picks for the BBC introducing stage are: The Amazons, DMAs, Courteeners.

I know Courteeners are already playing, however there always seems to be 1 fairly large act that are already on the bill doing one of these slots.

Idles, Yungblud & Lewis Capaldi have done so the previous two festivals.

Think there’s only 2 TBA’s now. 

15 hours ago, rubenz said:

Just delved into one of the festival rumour Discords to see if anything interesting. 

But I delved out again as I waste enough time on here and twitter and don't need another one to draw me in! 

Discords garbage stick with the OG

11 hours ago, Jaykc82 said:

I see that Ren Gill is in the UK, as he posted from an Arctic Monkeys show last night.  Where he had previously posted that he was asked to play, any possibility he may be one of the TBAs?

He's said a couple of times recently, in response to being directly asked if he's playing, that he definitely won't be playing this year. He's here to shoot a video and then flying back to Canada to continue his treatment.

(Wish he was, though!)

• Thanks 1