Arcadia 2023

stuie

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you had a pound for every time you explain this...!

(I, myself, am guilty of previously being under the impression that there was a slightly smaller, baby one...!)

Ben

Many more times and I’ll set up a bot auto responder 😂

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Clearly not doing silly big names.

due to the ridiculous crowds last year and also the cost of big name people like Calvin fucking Harris. 

win win if you ask me. 

No no no, there has to be skrillex, fred and four tet  set or there wont be a ramming which needs to happen according to somebody.

15 hours ago, gfa said:

https://observer.com/2017/01/coachella-owner-homophobic-climate-change-denier/

EDIT: two wrongs obviously don't make a right but be quiet suprefan, tiny part of the festival vs the whole fest's owners

Oh, the decade long old copy pasta story for clicks. Luckily he doesnt own it.  Anschutz doesnt have majority stake in the company anyway. But you enjoy those flashy headlines. You lot cried foul when it happened and now the cancellation is over cause the eavii forgave the spiders' apparent sins of taking dirty blood money. Short memories reign supreme for some. As long as nina kraviz doesnt show up its all roses cause thats the line you cant cross.

Edited by Suprefan

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Oh, the decade long old copy pasta story for clicks. Luckily he doesnt own it.  Anschutz doesnt have majority stake in the company anyway. But you enjoy those flashy headlines. You lot cried foul when it happened and now the cancellation is over cause the eavii forgave the spiders' apparent sins of taking dirty blood money. Short memories reign supreme for some. As long as nina kraviz doesnt show up its all roses cause thats the line you cant cross.

Will you be attending this year?

3 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

due to the ridiculous crowds last year and also the cost of big name people like Calvin fucking Harris. 

win win if you ask me. 

Calvin Harris won’t have cost much, £10 says he probably did it for tickets for him and some of his mates.

3 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

win win if you ask me. 

I don't think Calvin costed much more than any of the other names, he did it to get a load of tickets for his mates

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

People have been really critical of it on here, don't think anyone's defended it?

Yeah but y'all be dancing at it like nothing ever happened! 🙂 

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Absolutely 😂 I’m guilty of this. Got to have a moan/play it down to stop myself getting obscenely excited. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

It's a difficult one.  While I am very disappointed that Arcadia chose to do this and by extension, tacitly endorsed Qatar's human rights record (tenuous I know but they *could* have took a stand), I also want to see Arcadia do well and have a secure future.  If doing the World Cup meant it could secure the development of it's next big thing, then from a purely selfish perspective, it has a benefit to me.

And to be fair, I continue to drink coke and use the services of some of the sponsors so it's not like I've boycotted anything else out of principle.

So basically, disappointed but that's capitalism, baby.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Haha, can't tell if you're doing your Suprefan voice or not 🤭

But either way, it's true. I wonder if Glasto asked Arcadia for an explanation for using their name on promotional stuff. My guess it was just the Qatari organisers just doing whatever the heck they wanted to do and Arcadia were desperate for the cash after two years of COVID.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:47 PM, Suprefan said:

So the saudi money spider is allowed to return. 

Lol 😂 

Do you know the Saudis feud the Qataris so much they were considering digging a canal to make Qatar an island? 

If you are going to grandstand about this stuff, at least attempt to understand what the hell you are on about. 

On 5/15/2023 at 3:04 PM, D-Low said:

Does Skream need a third DJ set? Could they not have booked someone else? (I know he does different styles).

Word.

Give Ben Bohmer another set ffs. The clash is doing my nut in lol 

11 hours ago, stuie said:

And the generators on the entire site run on diesel! Where does a lot of that come from?  😱

anyone familiar with camping on the west side of the fest and the noise from Arcadia? its likely we'll be up late most of the time, but have a friend who is concerned when I said lets try to camp in Paines ground. not sure how late it goes on too...

2 minutes ago, svphie said:

anyone familiar with camping on the west side of the fest and the noise from Arcadia? its likely we'll be up late most of the time, but have a friend who is concerned when I said lets try to camp in Paines ground. not sure how late it goes on too...

It went on until 3am last year so probably the same this year too.