Arcadia 2023

stuie

Just now, LS-Charlton said:

When looking at all the stages as a whole there’s appears to be loads and there’s nothing really to cater for those more into House and Tech currently. In my opinion anyway 

Block9, San Remo and Stonebridge are all still to come

We've just had the dnb areas first this year - block9 is the main techno one and its always quite late

(what you quoted i meant was just for arcadia, it usually has a dnb day then 2 non dnb ones)

1 hour ago, LS-Charlton said:

Anyone else feel like this year the festival has gone double heavy with drum and bass and baseline? A hopeful thought of mine is that they announce Carl Cox, Jamie Jones, Patrick Topping etc at The Glade but overall I’m incredibly disappointed. 

That being said I am looking forward to Más Tiempo

Friday at The Levels in Silver Hayes looks like House all the way 

26 minutes ago, El Matador said:

You clearly haven't seen fatboy slim 

Haha okay exception here. I saw his set at the gas tower last year which i know was all diff stuff but in a lot of soundcloud mixes ive listened to he normally incorporates at least samples of his own tracks

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I have a question, as I don't really get to watch many DJ sets throughout the year... do they have a standard kind of set list for a set like arcadia or will they just go rogue? Whenever I make the effort to see DJs I like at festivals they end up doing a load of random stuff and it's not what I expect. What am I missing?

Like...Shy FX has some of my favourite songs of ALL TIME up his sleeve. But how likely is it that he's gonna actually do them...? I wanna hear the bangers!!

Pretty sure I saw Jackmaster play Darude - Sandstorm on the spider one year!

Would be good to see some more fun party type sets rather than the serious business techno types i have seen there in recent years 

• Upvote 1

Not a great line up, lots of DNB by the looks and maybe some old school dubstep from plastician. Although playing with chloe robinson i wouldnt expect much. 

Dr Banana, Floating Points b2b Daphni and Sherelle would be something i could be tempted to, maybe even Skream b2b Interplanetary Criminal and of course Chemical Brothers.

Will have to see how all this clashes with the rest of the stages, as im still waiting to see glade line up and block 9 which usually entice me a lot more.