Eurovision 2023

Nikky

Eurovision party for me tonight. I am head of scoring 🤣

I went to the concert last Sunday and watched the return of Frankie Goes To Hollywood for one song !!

The city has been buzzing for over a week and we have glorious sunshine today.

Yeah its naff, yeah the voting is shite but it a bit of fun and Liverpool has took full advantage of being a host city.

• Like 2

Love it. I mean, don't get me wrong, 90% of the music is horrific but it is great entertainment, particularly since they brought in the new voting system which can turn everything on its head.

I've gone 50p e/w for Belgium but they were 90/1 and have drifted out to 100/1 after qualifying! So I don't fancy my chances.

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Love it. I mean, don't get me wrong, 90% of the music is horrific but it is great entertainment, particularly since they brought in the new voting system which can turn everything on its head.

I've gone 50p e/w for Belgium but they were 90/1 and have drifted out to 100/1 after qualifying! So I don't fancy my chances.

UK to give Lithuania 12 points is a good bet. 

Croatia top 10 if you like a risk.

• Upvote 1

Also fans here. Mrs Mega has her first chance to drink this weekend after a year of breastfeeding, so we're gonna dive in and enjoy the spectacle of it all n get a wee bit squiffy.

It's cheesy, funny, surprisingly good sometimes. Plus it's in Liverpool which is great. We normally cook food from the host country - good excuse to try something new, but just had fish n chips for dinner. 

Like Graham Norton's, previously Terry Wogan's, commentary too.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

38 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also fans here. Mrs Mega has her first chance to drink this weekend after a year of breastfeeding, so we're gonna dive in and enjoy the spectacle of it all n get a wee bit squiffy.

It's cheesy, funny, surprisingly good sometimes. Plus it's in Liverpool which is great. We normally cook food from the host country - good excuse to try something new, but just had fish n chips for dinner. 

Like Graham Norton's, previously Terry Wogan's, commentary too.

Make some Scouse!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not a big fan but don't mind it. I'm usually busy on Eurovision night and get home in time for the last acts and scores but tonight I have naff all to do and the Mrs is away. I think it'll be that on the TV, Breath of the Wild (which I realised this week I need to finish) on the Switch and some decent food - that's an otherwise aimless evening sorted! But what to eat...? (not Scouse!)

I shall of course be taking up my usual position of cheering for nil-point.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So how is this scored now . Do they still have that ridiculously long let’s go to … system that takes forever ? Not watched for quite a few years 

They go round each country for the jury scores but they only announce the top 3 for each, the rest are just quickly added on. To be fair, this is one of the highlights as some C list celeb from each country tries to big up their part.

Then it's the good bit. Starting with the country at the bottom of the leader board after the jury's votes, they announce how many points the public has given them. This can have a huge impact with countries near the bottom sometimes jumping into the lead. I could be wrong but I think since moving to this, it has always come down to the last vote to find out who has won. Gripping stuff.

Still takes bloody ages though.

• Thanks 1