Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

2 minutes ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Increases the trek for many that will arrive by coach. Seems an odd decision.

It does force people to go down the main "road" that was always off limits, but maybe not by much? An extra ten minute walk? Maybe it looks worse than it'd actually be.

I wonder how many people are gonna automatically turn right into Darble thinking they can continue into Pylon, Rivermead, and Bushy Ground though. They're gonna hit a roadblock and have to double back.

36 minutes ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Levels is just Sonic with a different name?

35 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Pretty much. Unless there's some new superficial difference to the tent and how it looks.

They’ve described The Levels as an open air nightclub so I don’t think it’s Sonic.

See they've labelled all of the paths down by Paines this time! We were so confused as first time attendees last year as to why some of the apparent walkways just weren't marked out and wondered if they were "no go" areas, but nope, they just appeared to not be filled in correctly on the 22 map. This basically confirms that we are more than happy to return to Paines as our ground of choice this year. So happy - not long now!

Edited by Dysonism

They have lost a lot of camping in Pylon and Rivermead which is a real shame. They are the few areas you could get too late (late Wednesday and Thursday) and find somewhere to pitch your tent with ease. Really loved those fields, been there the last 10 years or so, never got full too early, really quiet, and quite close to the action with Silver Hayes and JP/Woodsies not far away. Not sure what I would do this year arriving late, not sure where I would head to now and not get stressed about finding a spot to camp (although no ticket this year so not a problem this year!) I assume you can still get to what's left of Pylon and Bushy from Gate A now, there looks to be path still nest to the road to the East?

Also gutted they have looked to have ditched the stage at Williams Green, although we knew it was happening. It has been my favourite stage for quite a while now, finding new (mainly electronic) stuff (see WH Lung last year)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Supernova. said:

Was wholesale market near the other previously? And “the reach”?

Wholesale market is in the interstage area. I think ‘The Reach’ should say ‘The Information’ going by the Silver Hayes release. Or they’ve changed the name? 

59FE68CA-68DC-4032-B2A1-EB12F2A66402.png

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

They have lost a lot of camping in Pylon and Rivermead which is a real shame. They are the few areas you could get too late (late Wednesday and Thursday) and find somewhere to pitch your tent with ease. Really loved those fields, been there the last 10 years or so, never got full too early, really quiet, and quite close to the action with Silver Hayes and JP/Woodsies not far away. Not sure what I would do this year arriving late, not sure where I would head to now and not get stressed about finding a spot to camp (although no ticket this year so not a problem this year!) I assume you can still get to what's left of Pylon and Bushy from Gate A now, there looks to be path still nest to the road to the East?

Also gutted they have looked to have ditched the stage at Williams Green, although we knew it was happening. It has been my favourite stage for quite a while now, finding new (mainly electronic) stuff (see WH Lung last year)

... I do wonder, as they seem to be donating more and more great camping fields/areas to staff/crew only, they might start keeping certain fields off limits until all other sites are full. Being a late arriver (normally Thursday but late Wednesday last year) I find it genuinely quite stressful finding a place to pitch each year. There is more and more pressure on punters to get there early each year to seal a spot, which isn't always easy for people with commitments/family preventing them from arriving early. Perhaps leave a few fields closed until most of the rest of the site is full. Not looking for a field close to the action (e.g. Backhouse would be a good example), just somewhere I know I can head to on Thursday and be confident I will find a spot. Its an additional stress I would love not to experience each year, and not fee pressurized to have to arrive on Wednesday to secure a spot. I want to chill out as soon as I turn the car engine off and break open that first can!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

What are the four stages in Block 9?

NYC Downlow/Maceos

IICON

Genosys/bus

??

They done this on last years map too and it turned out to be nothing! We were hoping for a return of London Underground.

From 2022:

09371B18-B65D-4572-A361-088A7FC05AE6.thumb.jpeg.f4c1fcd448c3408568427d0428cf7c43.jpeg

Just now, Ged Devereux said:

Yeah I'm not happy about Pylon going all crew camping. We get the coach and Gate A now has cycling, crew, family, accessible and hospitality all close by and only really Darble for general. Bushy isn't too far but will obviously fill quicker now 

Who is all this crew that gets to camp there? All the crews are usually further out! We definitely are!

So from PGA what is the natural way people will flow? Before it was through Dobble into Pylon. Is it now easier to get to Woodsies?

We were in Dobble last year as arrived late. The walk was a nightmare as you had to walk all around VIP with no walkthrough. Has that changed?

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

Who is all this crew that gets to camp there? All the crews are usually further out! We definitely are!

Hopefully more people trained in the art of stopping people tramping on tents.

(This is tongue in cheek pls don't lynch me)

Accessible camping has spread west into the area north of Woodsies. My understanding last week was that they were going to repurpose the family camping at Wicket Ground for that, perhaps not though?   My only reaction (other than having to find a new spot!) is that it's not particularly accessible.  Seems a curious decision.