2023 See Tickets Coach Times and Departure Points...

gooner1990

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I reckon you probably know already.

Well I guessed you might mean the queues and stuff but coach entry has been very swift the last few festivals apparently, according to friends who get the coach. 

4 minutes ago, Barneym said:

If you mean the National express coaches from London then yes they go from Victoria which is much better for getting to the farm (they may also go from elsewhere but Victoria is the main ones which I always get)

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

If you mean National Express ones these go from Victoria Coach Station if i'm not mistaken.

The Singles that are seetickets sold through glasto's site do go from here (the o2)

Never knew that, assumed they'd all go from Victoria. Makes sense though if you've gotta sort all the tickets out etc.

6 minutes ago, GetGorgeForGlasto said:

OK, it’s my first time going at all and I’m also taking the coach from Reading (travelling from London). Can you please elaborate?

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Well I guessed you might mean the queues and stuff but coach entry has been very swift the last few festivals apparently, according to friends who get the coach. 

Nothing to do with coach travel, queues or any off that.

More to do with having a dedicated camping spot, being able to drive to your pitch and if lucky keep your car there. Not having to carry loads across fields. Access to more and IMO better bars. Being able to take short cuts. Not having to endure the SE corner one way system. Having easier access to showers. Being able to arrive early and leave late. Getting fed, at least once per shift, etc, etc

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

More to do with having a dedicated camping spot, being able to drive to your pitch and if lucky keep your car there. Not having to carry loads across fields. Access to more and IMO better bars. Being able to take short cuts. Not having to endure the SE corner one way system. Having easier access to showers. Being able to arrive early and leave late. Getting fed, at least once per shift, etc, etc

yeah I will miss the short walk to the campsite/easy set up, easy access to food and Tuesday arrival for sure. but likely I'll be back to volunteering after this year due to the ticket sitch

25 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Ah I see, more general. Of course, I agree with most of that.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Never knew that, assumed they'd all go from Victoria. Makes sense though if you've gotta sort all the tickets out etc.

More that theres nowhere near enough room at Victoria to have 1000s of festival goers waiting for coaches at anyone time while managing the hundreds of other departures from the coach station. I think it was previously there and moved to the O2

16 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

From Taunton I think departures on wed were 6am 9am and around 3.30 last year … bonus of the journey shouldn’t take much more than an hour . If anyone wants Taunton parking please quote or dm me … I can help with parking permits about 15 mins away . Or general Taunton advice 

Despite living in Glasgow I've finished up doing the Coach on Thursday from Taunton three times now. Stayed over on the Wednesday every time and found some decent boozers/a very nice Curry house.

19 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

First time travelling by Coach and secured Manchester on Wednesday in the resale! Never traveled by coach before and looking forward to seeing if it's the way forward

Manchester Wednesday here as well!

Not sure on departure times but two friends who got them separately in the resale last time ended up on morning (8am, if memory serves) coaches, but separate one's.

I'd love a morning one but at this point, I'm just happy to be going

• Like 1

20 hours ago, svphie said:

Ah thanks. I'd ideally want a morning coach I think but can't see my whole group wanting to stay overnight in Reading so 3pm would be good in some ways. I'm a little anxious about finding a decent camping spot later on but I haven't really done my research on that enough yet!

I had that exact one in 2019 (3pm Weds from Reading) and I was a little gutted it left so late but ended up being ideal as there were no queues on arrival and the journey was very smooth. Just remember you'll be going and not to worry 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2023 at 2:22 PM, svphie said:

Weds Reading coach here! None of my group have been as punters before, only worked, so new to this.

We're travelling from London, so don't even know what time I'm hoping for really...

We was on the 6am from Reading last year, was at sticklinch by 9am. Was ace 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, gooner1990 said:

Putting this here ahead of the coach times which for those non-regular forum users looking for the answer...last year the emails went out on 25th May 2022 so expect something similar this time round.

I'm booked on a Weds return coach from Oxford which last year was an 0615 departure and an 0530 return.  Pick up point was Beaumont Street opposite the Ashmoleum Museum 

🙂 

Tickets being despatched during week commencing 22 May, so hopefully confirmation of departure times in the next 2/3 weeks 

Screenshot_20230428-235325.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, Billy Shears said:

First time travelling by Coach and secured Manchester on Wednesday in the resale! Never traveled by coach before and looking forward to seeing if it's the way forward

If it helps it's usually a pickup around here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Victoria+Rail+Station+(Stop+NU)/@53.4871876,-2.2409109,19.54z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x487bb1c7eb12ff5d:0xac64258528aa3737!8m2!3d53.4873097!4d-2.2402821!16s%2Fg%2F11c4skq009

Handy for Victoria Railway and / or the tram. 

Sadlers Cat a handy spot if you arrive early and need a beer 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

If it helps it's usually a pickup around here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Victoria+Rail+Station+(Stop+NU)/@53.4871876,-2.2409109,19.54z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x487bb1c7eb12ff5d:0xac64258528aa3737!8m2!3d53.4873097!4d-2.2402821!16s%2Fg%2F11c4skq009

Handy for Victoria Railway and / or the tram. 

Sadlers Cat a handy spot if you arrive early and need a beer 🙂

Hmm seems Sadlers Cat doesn't open at lunch now - not until 4pm. 

1 minute ago, Joshuwarr said:

Does anyone know the range of departure times from Brum on Wednesday last year? I feel like there was once a thread for this somewhere but can't remember.

I’m on the Wednesday Birmingham as well so desperate to find this out! 

Have done Manchester multiple times and we’ve had a 6am and a 2pm, but this is the first time from Birmingham. Desperate to avoid 2pm or anything later than that, even if the journey is a lot shorter!

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I’m on the Wednesday Birmingham as well so desperate to find this out! 

Have done Manchester multiple times and we’ve had a 6am and a 2pm, but this is the first time from Birmingham. Desperate to avoid 2pm or anything later than that, even if the journey is a lot shorter!

Had a quick search and in 2019 it looked like the latest departure for Wednesday was 1045 and first departure was 7am.